It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommendation for an RPG

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I haven't played too many games in the past few years being involved in the industry. I can only give opinions base on nostalgia of games past.
Final Fantasy 3,7,8,9,10
Final Fantasy Tactics
Xenogears
Earthbound
Star Ocean: The second Story
Brigandine
Parasite Eve

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The Mass Effect Trilogy is fantastic on PC. The first game isn't all that great. But the second and third games were phenomenal. They have a good assortment of dlc content that enhances the storyline a bit.

Gothic III was ok. Had a lot of bugs but was still entertaining. Could have been better.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption was a pretty good one. It was a third-person rpg set in the world of darkness where you play a crusader in medieval Prague that is turned into a vampire against his will. The first half of the game takes place in the medieval era and the second half takes place in the modern day.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodline was pretty fun but had some bugs. Also the developers were running out of time when they were making it so a lot of content was cut, making it fairly short. It is first or third person and takes place in the modern day.

Icewind Dale was a lot of fun. It's an old one that played a lot like the original Diablo. I never played the sequel.

Fallout Tactics is a game that I thought was pretty fun. Even though it didn't really have much in common with Fallout 1 and 2. Some people like it. Some people hate it. I liked it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You are on ATS therefore the Star Ocean series no question about it. Some people hate it because they don't understand the philosophies and background information that this series offers but you can tell that this game wasn't purely made for profit and a lot of attention to detail was put into them. Being a member of ATS you're bound to really appreciate the deep thought that was put behind the story and script.

Knowing this, you'll appreciate this series a lot more and brace yourself for an epic ending (last star ocean game is star ocean 3 for the PS2 and not 4. It's not in chronological order).

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Dishonored, fun game and you get upgrades.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-10-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If you are a PC gamer and you play RPG, then NEXUS is a must to make the game the way you want it. Modding is the feature for RPG and PC GAMING. I loved Final Fantasy X (after that, all ff are bad), I loved Dragon age 1 and mass effect 1-2, I also like MMORPG games

Other than that, consoles are for the exclusives,

ps3 :
Ni No Kuni is a very recent amazing RPG, that is not an exclusive anymore for sony. It was a time exclusive, that means the company who created it, may bring it in other consoles, in the near feature.

Wii U
Its not out yet, it is comming in 2014

all of them have something to give, when they get mature. But do never forget, if you love PC gaming and RPG, normally all RPG exclusives in the PC (including mass effect, dragon age, morrowind, Skyrim, etc) support moding!! And moding is the feature! With moding, you can create your own stuff ingame! Even whole cities and brand new quests!

www.nexusmods.com...

edit on 16-10-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I think you might be interested in paying Shadowrun Returns
harebrained-schemes.com...

It available on steam, android, iOS

New episode this Jan.

My only complaint was the game was a bit short. I think I beat it 25-30hrs.

EPIC storyline.
Combat is more like XCOM.

edit on 16-10-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Mario RPG!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't know if I will discover a new rpg that will interest me, IMO the best rpgs are all already released, and some are old. It looks like new rpgs are just based on good graphics.

A lot of my "best of" rpgs were already cited in this thread, but I will still post my list...
Best rpgs ever in my opinion are:
Breath of Fire II
Final Fantasy III, VII
Earthbound
Lufia II
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Evermore (looks a lot like secret of mana, same engine and battle system)
Star Ocean: The second Story
Baldur's gate II
Neverwinter Nights II
The Elder's Scroll serie

I've tried some massive multiplayer rpgs too, but not anymore, cause you have to put too much time effort in it to keep the pace....
Final Fantasy XI (the hardest mmorpg, uncontestable)
Age of Conan
WoW (the nice game that became boring with his community of crybabies and with all the updates that make it a child game)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join