Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What happens after "the Bomb?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
We've pretty much all read about the continuity of government plans and the underground bunkers for our beloved "leaders." So what do you think would become of humanity after "The Bomb?" The global nuclear type. What possible redeeming future could we create working with what human genetic material was left after a nuclear apocalypse?

Liquesence

we all know that they are more important than the rest of us. #sarcasm

They have special treatment, privileges, across the board.

Hell, in the event of a large scale attack they have the safety of bunkers, and in a nuclear catastrophe, NORAD. The politicians must be preserved at all costs for the survival and re-population of the country! They know what's best! They are our fathers and our gods!

ATS Thread

The above reply to a different thread got me wondering just what the "new" human race would look like if everyone but the important (read polititians) people were wiped out. We all know what they're like now. Pretty much greedy, self centered and without a shred of empathy or moral consience. Genetically would we survive in the long run as a race with them as the brood stock? Would humanity decended from the politicians even be viable?

I know it's hypothetical but it really bugged me. My only consolation is that most of the surviving polititians would have little or no practical skills and would probably eat each other just to survive another day. If not the remaining military (in the bunkers) with them would probably stage an immediate coup. That's my hope anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We know what happens, as it has happened before.

Firstly, I disagree that the elite will hide in underground bunkers. They have a MUCH better escape plan, this involves, and is the real reason for the space programme.

Depending on the severity, regular people may be forced underground into the old bunkers or whatever other shelter they can find. After the chaos has died down, the few surviving people will revert to tribal ways, eventually emerging from the caves into daylight when the earth becomes green again.

Then, the elite will come down from the skies, posing as gods, to control humanity once again, until we get to a similar point in about 10,000 years or so. Rinse and repeat.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Cheetos and beer for everyone.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

So basically we get the caves and crappy bunkers and Randy brings the snacks?

I think it's doubtful they will get a viable space escape program online. Maybe they're planning on the Mars colonies.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I know for a fact... my brother in law was in SAC flew in the 80"s . he told me I had nothing to worry about...the state Of Connecticut would be toast 8 min. from subs when the SHTF. O well!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
I know for a fact... my brother in law was in SAC flew in the 80"s . he told me I had nothing to worry about...the state Of Connecticut would be toast 8 min. from subs when the SHTF. O well!

Yeah that's mostly true for the majority of us. I was more wondering if there would be any future for humanity if it had to descend from the politicians after they came back out of the bunkers.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Hate ta tell you buddy as my brother in law explained the world is screwed!
We would have to get him drink and get a buzz to find out stuff.
He did training in 1082 at area 51,

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We don't know since the last nuclear attack ended a war and devastated a region on a small scale ... they've moved back in after that, but they'v had problems.. natually .. if that happened on a large scale I don't think it would mean much because I think it would wipe out large swaths of society.. not all .. but it would disrupt communication globally.. but I think it would actually leave third would countries running and at the advantage to begin again .. a nuclear war would target major cities...those in the outskirts might live

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We don't know since the last nuclear attack ended a war and devastated a region on a small scale ... they've moved back in after that, but they'v had problems.. natually .. if that happened on a large scale I don't think it would mean much because I think it would wipe out large swaths of society.. not all .. but it would disrupt communication globally.. but I think it would actually leave third would countries running and at the advantage to begin again .. a nuclear war would target major cities...those in the outskirts might live

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Can we have our old ATS back now ?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

WooHoo!

Quad post!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What happens after the bomb?

Through the radioactive blasted landscape will rise the cult of the bunny.

Nomads, traveling across the land. Helping those that need it, and dispensing justice to those that deserve it.

Riding off into the nuke-blasted sunset and into history.

The cult of the bunny.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So you are saying we will have two branches of humanity? The fair and good hearted but radioactive damaged bunny cult and the black hearted evil Demopulicans who rise from their bunkers.

But who will triumph? I know bunnies multiply fast.
edit on 17-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If the SHTF I will go on my roof with a lawn chair, sunglasses...some beer and a bottle of Jameson and say..YEP! ya Killed the world.
I lived through Cuban missile crisis... alarm twice a day hunker down under the desk, my job was to close the asbestos curtains... save us from the flash..yeah right !
My dad owned a restaurant and stoked pile of food.
Shoveled dirt on the basement windows...everybody on the street was freaking out!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And I, the mightiest of Sheepslayers will hunt these roving giant bunnies to quench my thirst for blood.....as all the sheep will not have made it through the blast.

Beware furry demons.....beware!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by miniatus

Can we have our old ATS back now ?

Yo dude! ya dun got that right!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Honest truth would be nothing survives aside from bacteria and possibly some insects and vegetation. Those who hide underground would only prolong their lives for as long as their supplies last. Unless there is some secret underground facility set up with its own nuclear or geothermal energy source that can sustain people for a hundred generations or more then it would be far better to die in the blast.

No thanks I wouldn't want to be a mole person. Even if they had a facility with a power source like that sooner or later things would break and they would have no way to fix or replace them.

Thermal nuclear global war would mean extinction for our race.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join