It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the Super Citizen - Homo Superius - Lawmakers Pass Law Against Tickets (for Themselves)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Rise of the Super Citizen: Homo Superius Abruptus

Do lawmakers really just think we don't pay any attention at all?

I think all the money that we pay them is a loss to the economy anyway but, that aside, must they be so boldly aloof?

It’s the law: Washington state lawmakers don’t get speeding tickets

Probably makes sense. That way there’s no, “Don’t you know who I am” dance with the cop. Of course any member of the state legislature who pulls this should be kicked out, but that’s another issue.

Call it part of the emergence of the “super citizen,” homo superius, who populate the law making bodies of this great land and don’t have to live by the same rules we do.

Let's discuss what other laws, regulations and taxes they might excuse themselves from in the future.

edit on 17-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Um...

I know that congress and senate members can claim they are traveling on "official" business and get out of speeding tickets. Sometimes they'll have special "exempt" license plates.

I'm not really sure why this is new, or a surprise to anyone?!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

they all take care of each other anyway,

this is just another reason not to trust cops, cause in the end they are human like the rest of us and will do whatever it takes to get ahead.

im sure they will not have to go by the same gun laws as gun laws tihghten
edit on 17-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

greencmp

Let's discuss what other laws, regulations and taxes they might excuse themselves from in the future.

Congress has exempted itself from Obamacare.
2nd

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

These politicians get more disgusting by the day. This new law shouldn't surprise me, but it does, and it should be repealed and those who voted for it should be voted out.

Now, we all know oftentimes traffic laws and citations are purely for revenue, even though the stated and official reason is "safety." This law, however, seems to suggest that lawmakers, in course of speeding (to make it to the legislature to pass a law that would exempt them from the ticket, of course) are NOT a danger to other motorists and that THEIR speed is NOT potentially dangerous. Therefore, speed laws are NOT about safety unless they apply to everyone universally (but we know laws for those in government/politics are different: ordinary citizens accidentally kills a person and gets charged/convicted, a politician starts a war and causes thousands to die and gets re-elected). How can they spin this one?

A spokesman for WSP says Washington lawmakers are constitutionally protected from receiving noncriminal traffic tickets during a legislative session, as well as 15 days before. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Constitutionally protected. Say what? That's in the state Constitution???

Oh yes, they have to get to work on time because they were out all night getting BJs from lobbyists to vote for the next piece of BS legislation. Makes perfect sense.

The logic? Detaining lawmakers on the road -- even for the time it takes to issue them a speeding ticket -- may delay them from getting to the Capitol to vote. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

See! I knowed it already.

Late, Mr. Lawtician? You shoulda efn left earlier.

This crap is getting ridiculous and the government is getting out of hand.

Kind of like, who gives them the authority to vote for their own raises?

Oh....

edit on 17-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I'm not really sure why this is new, or a surprise to anyone?!

Not new or surprising but, precipitous.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

DocHolidaze

they all take care of each other anyway,

this is just another reason not to trust cops, cause in the end they are human like the rest of us and will do whatever it takes to get ahead.

im sure they will not have to go by the same gun laws as gun laws tihghten
edit on 17-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

Therein lies the problem, they are supposed to look out for us.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
They're allowed to "insider trade"

They passed a law to disallow it, when they were in the spotlight and everyone was looking, then a little while later when everyone had moved on to other news, quietly repealed it.

edit on 17-9-2013 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
congress has exempted themselves from paying social security taxes, they have their own retirement fund that they pay into.Social security is good enough for us lowly working class peons but the princes and princesses in congress need to have a real retirement plan.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

And the list of exemptions grows as we type...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Yes, that caught my attention too!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

tjack
They're allowed to "insider trade"

They passed a law to disallow it, when they were in the spotlight and everyone was looking, then a little while later when everyone had moved on to other news, quietly repealed it.

edit on 17-9-2013 by tjack because: (no reason given)

Yup, and that was Obama himself if I remember correctly.

This was the book that came out a couple of months before the timely first vote.

Throw Them All Out - Peter Schweizer (awesome)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Tardacus
congress has exempted themselves from paying social security taxes, they have their own retirement fund that they pay into.Social security is good enough for us lowly working class peons but the princes and princesses in congress need to have a real retirement plan.

Remember how livid they were when Bush suggested the same plan for the serfs? (It was a distraction tactic that he knew would not pass but still)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by Liquesence

Yes, that caught my attention too!

I guess they're interpreting it as "while in the course of their duties," but that still doesn't address the SAFETY aspect of speeding.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'm sorry. Aren't we all Human? What happens if one of these morons is speeding and kills someone or worse, multiple people? -- "Oh it's OK everyone congress man/woman is alright, no laws broken today." -- Such vile creatures, worse than the proclaimed criminals of this nation, these are the true criminals. Lock them away and never reveal the key. That really boiled my blood, I can't believe that. Thanks for sharing this OP.

+1

~Sovereign

edit on 17-9-2013 by SovereignEve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SovereignEve

Exactly my sentiments.

Of course, we all know that they are more important than the rest of us. #sarcasm

They have special treatment, privileges, across the board.

Hell, in the event of a large scale attack they have the safety of bunkers, and in a nuclear catastrophe, NORAD. The politicians must be preserved at all costs for the survival and re-population of the country! They know what's best! They are our fathers and our gods!

*eye roll*

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

One more drop in the bucket for the American aristocracy. And this stuff is bound to continue unless some group decides to start vocalizing loudly about it.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We have allowed our employees to set themselves up as our rulers. This type of behavior is to be expected. You would see the same in any instance where you sit back and allow your employees to become your boss. They won't have your best interest in mind, rest assured.

Regardless of whether they are State or FEdeRAL employees, they both see themselves as above the laws they shove down our throats. There is but one word for such: TYRANNY

I don't know how much longer this chicanery will be tolerated given the speed with which people are becoming aware. What I also don't know is to what extent the people are willing to go to restore their rightful place as the 1st branch of government.

Usurpers don't relinquish their grasp without a fight.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Inde97

One more drop in the bucket for the American aristocracy. And this stuff is bound to continue unless some group decides to start vocalizing loudly about it.

Well, we are such a group are we not?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

bozzchem
We have allowed our employees to set themselves up as our rulers. This type of behavior is to be expected. You would see the same in any instance where you sit back and allow your employees to become your boss. They won't have your best interest in mind, rest assured.

Regardless of whether they are State or FEdeRAL employees, they both see themselves as above the laws they shove down our throats. There is but one word for such: TYRANNY

I don't know how much longer this chicanery will be tolerated given the speed with which people are becoming aware. What I also don't know is to what extent the people are willing to go to restore their rightful place as the 1st branch of government.

Usurpers don't relinquish their grasp without a fight.

I have a good plan.

The idea is to learn from the playbook of progressives and have grassroots legislative action. It won't be the big guys in the first stage but, there are some easy pickins to get people enthusiastic and have some success under our belt. We can remove all the meter maids in our home towns as phase 1.

The beauty is that there should be zero resistance to their elimination, no one likes them and they don't generate much revenue. They are the epitome of low hanging fruit.

It is doable and realistic and we can organize here.

Interested?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join