It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Disabled Veteran kicked off U.S. Airways flight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

No, part 37 was rolled into CFR 382.117(2c). It still says that it must be accommodated in the seat with the passenger.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BristolStew

Obviously all you can do is get outraged for no reason. He was allowed to board the flight with the dog, and was removed as the aircrew has every right to do. If he didn't have the dog this would be a non-story. But people like you want to blow it up into something it's not.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Finally we're getting somewhere. Found it.

(b) You must permit the service animal to accompany the passenger with a disability at any seat in which the passenger sits, unless the animal obstructs an aisle or other area that must remain unobstructed to facilitate an emergency evacuation.

Doesn't apply. The dog was with the passenger and didn't block anything.

(c) If a service animal cannot be accommodated at the seat location of the passenger with a disability who is using the animal, you must offer the passenger the opportunity to move with the animal to another seat location, if present on the aircraft, where the animal can be accommodated.

So as I said earlier the airline is obligated to provide a seat with room for the dog.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

PsykoOps

It does too apply. The dog is allowed to sit either on the floor, or in his lap. They are not required to provide another seat for the dog, which is what he was demanding. You don't get to arbitrarily chose what rules do and don't apply. The CFR says that the dog can sit on the seat with the person, not the seat next to him, or across the entire row of seats.

So as I said earlier the airline is obligated to provide a seat with room for the dog.

They did. They provided him a seat that would accommodate him and the dog, on the floor. They are not required to provide an empty seat for the dog. Nowhere in the CFR does it say that the dog gets its own seat.

It's very simple. He was allowed to board with the dog, as required under the law, and the CFR. He was provided a seat that the dog could sit in with him (his seat), and was given lawful instructions by the cabin crew that the dog could either be in the seat with him, or on the floor, as required. He failed to comply with those instructions and became disruptive. The cabin crew removed him from the flight, as is their right, not because of the dog, but because he became disruptive.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Zaphod58

PsykoOps

It does too apply. The dog is allowed to sit either on the floor, or in his lap. They are not required to provide another seat for the dog, which is what he was demanding. You don't get to arbitrarily chose what rules do and don't apply. The CFR says that the dog can sit on the seat with the person, not the seat next to him, or across the entire row of seats.

They did. They provided him a seat that would accommodate him and the dog, on the floor. They are not required to provide an empty seat for the dog. Nowhere in the CFR does it say that the dog gets its own seat.

It's very simple. He was allowed to board with the dog, as required under the law, and the CFR. He was provided a seat that the dog could sit in with him (his seat), and was given lawful instructions by the cabin crew that the dog could either be in the seat with him, or on the floor, as required. He failed to comply with those instructions and became disruptive. The cabin crew removed him from the flight, as is their right, not because of the dog, but because he became disruptive.

From Merriam-Webster

Passenger: a traveler in a public or private conveyance.

Seat: something (such as a chair) that you sit on : a place for sitting.

Floor: the part of a room on which you stand.

So your company did not follow its own rules.
edit on 20-9-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

PsykoOps

So the dog can sit on his lap, on at his feet. -

As was posted earlier

382.38 (2i) Carriers are not required to furnish more than one seat per ticket or to provide a seat in a class of service other than the one the passenger has purchased.

So the dog does not have to get his own seat....

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

hellobruce

PsykoOps

So the dog can sit on his lap, on at his feet. -

As was posted earlier

382.38 (2i) Carriers are not required to furnish more than one seat per ticket or to provide a seat in a class of service other than the one the passenger has purchased.

So the dog does not have to get his own seat....

Even if there is such a "rule" which doesn't even apply, that would be forcing an animal to be placed in a tight place which does not fit. You cannot have a proper space to place your own feet which would put a physical pressure on the dog. This is subjugating an animal to unnecessary suffering which is animal abuse.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

BristolStew
Even if there is such a "rule" which doesn't even apply,

What makes you think it does not apply?

that would be forcing an animal to be placed in a tight place which does not fit.

So he can nurse it then....

You cannot have a proper space to place your own feet which would put a physical pressure on the dog.

So book a first class seat then.
edit on 20-9-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

hellobruce

BristolStew
Even if there is such a "rule" which doesn't even apply,

What makes you think it does not apply?

that would be forcing an animal to be placed in a tight place which does not fit.

So he can nurse it then....

[QUOTE]You cannot have a proper space to place your own feet which would put a physical pressure on the dog.

So book a first class seat then.

That would be treating all special needs people as if they were wealthy; It's called discrimination and not just against special needs people but all pet owners who wish to travel with their pets.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

UndergroundMilitia
reply to post by Zaphod58

I'd love to split hairs with you but the bottom line is that the airline is responsible by not communicating effectively. If this guy was told that his dog must be on the floor prior to boarding, than that's one thing but we do not have that information. But I'm willing to betcha, by this man's reaction...he was told no such thing.

Based on his reaction? His reaction tells me that he never bothered to check the policy and just expected to get whatever he asked for. Until you start forcing private businesses to just bend to the will of any special group of people you wish, life sucks. The airline had this policy in place already. If this man did not know it, it is not their fault he was not spoon fed info about bringing a full sized dog on a plane.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

1104light

UndergroundMilitia
reply to post by Zaphod58

I'd love to split hairs with you but the bottom line is that the airline is responsible by not communicating effectively. If this guy was told that his dog must be on the floor prior to boarding, than that's one thing but we do not have that information. But I'm willing to betcha, by this man's reaction...he was told no such thing.

Based on his reaction? His reaction tells me that he never bothered to check the policy and just expected to get whatever he asked for. Until you start forcing private businesses to just bend to the will of any special group of people you wish, life sucks. The airline had this policy in place already. If this man did not know it, it is not their fault he was not spoon fed info about bringing a full sized dog on a plane.

inhumane, illogical company's policies are not rules nor laws and thus unconstitutional and against the human rights, animal rights.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Vortiki
Oh yea, someone goes into one of the most brutal wars the United States has seen, manages to survive (most likely with extreme mental trauma) and people want to give this guy a hard time because he wants his dog in the seat next to him, where it isn't hurting or bothering anyone.

I don't understand how people are ok with this guy putting his life on the line for their homeland, but sitting his dog in a seat on an airplane just crosses the line.

I'm glad he gave them so much crap, I wish he would have grabbed up that moron flight attendant and beat the brakes off him.

Leave it to the stupid people to make a mountain out of a molehill. I can see where your time served for your country gets you.

So you think private businesses should be forced by the government to do more? You like big government running all the businesses in the US?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

1104light

Vortiki
Oh yea, someone goes into one of the most brutal wars the United States has seen, manages to survive (most likely with extreme mental trauma) and people want to give this guy a hard time because he wants his dog in the seat next to him, where it isn't hurting or bothering anyone.

I don't understand how people are ok with this guy putting his life on the line for their homeland, but sitting his dog in a seat on an airplane just crosses the line.

I'm glad he gave them so much crap, I wish he would have grabbed up that moron flight attendant and beat the brakes off him.

Leave it to the stupid people to make a mountain out of a molehill. I can see where your time served for your country gets you.

So you think private businesses should be forced by the government to do more? You like big government running all the businesses in the US?

He never said that.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

BristolStew
inhumane, illogical policies are not rules nor laws and thus unconstitutional and against the human rights, animal rights.

Exactly which part of the constitution are you referring to?
Exactly which human right is it against?
Exactly which animal right is it against?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

BristolStew

1104light

Vortiki

He never said that.

Sure sounds like it to me. What exactly are you suggesting should have been done here then? Or rather, what are you suggesting another poster would be suggesting since you are speaking for others.
edit on 20-9-2013 by 1104light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

BristolStew

inhumane, illogical policies are not rules nor laws and thus unconstitutional and against the human rights, animal rights.

Inhumane and illogical are you opinions of yours, not facts. I see the airline is still in business. If what you were saying were true, no one would be buying their seats and the free market would take care of it. This has nothing to do with human rights or the constitution.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

So because he's disabled he doesn't have to obey any rules and can do what he wants. I've shown the FAA regulations that say the airlines don't have to provide an extra seat for the dog, what have you shown that disproves it? Nothing but insults. I have facts on my side, what do you have, other than an emotional appeal that doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

1104light

BristolStew

Inhumane and illogical are you opinions of yours, not facts. I see the airline is still in business. If what you were saying were true, no one would be buying their seats and the free market would take care of it. This has nothing to do with human rights or the constitution.

Funny you say that.

I will refer you to this article

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So before you claim "policies" and force them on others you and your colleague make sure you treat others the way you like them to treat you.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

And yet which airline was in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

BristolStew
Funny you say that.
I will refer you to this article
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Just what has that got too do with the topic? it seems you have ran out of comments so you post some off topic stuff!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join