It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Yard shooting suspect reached out to vet hospitals for ‘psychological issues’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

yes it is called schizophrenia, with ideas of reference and persecution complex.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Voices in their head (told them to kill)

1970s
Infamous serial killer Henry Lee Lucas
Lucas, during his prior ten year prison stay... he complained chronically about hearing voices in his head, taunting him day and night (ostensibly the reason for his confinement in the mental ward, though it could well have been the result of his confinement and treatment).

1970s
serial killer Herb Mullin
He complained constantly of voices haunting his thoughts, frequently telling others that he was receiving messages.
‘Make no mistake, Mr. Mullin hears voices, and the voices told him to kill.
The acts were not acts of murder – but acts of sacrifice.’
James Jackson, attorney to Herb Mullin, Serial Killer.
"This rejection(by the marines) fueled Mullin's paranoid delusions of conspiracies, behind which he believed was a powerful group of hippies." (Manson link up?)

3-14-80
Dennis Sweeney, 36, shot ex-congressman and JFK assassination conspiracy proponent Allard Lowenstein
"Sweeney told psychiatrists that he was convinced by voices in his head that Mr. Lowenstein was part of a Jewish plot to destroy him."
"In the 1970's.. Mr. Sweeney began telling people about an electrode planted in his head."
"'The only reason I did what I did was to stop something terrible from happening. You can't understand that, but I had to do it. I had to stop it.'"

11-27-80
Priscilla Joyce Ford, 51, kills 7 people in downtown Reno with her speeding car
"In June 1980, a voice told me to drive through a crowd at a theater and kill as many as possible. But another voice said she’s too much of a lady to do it."

12-8-80
Mark David Chapman, 25, kills musician John Lennon. "Chapman claimed he had heard voices in his head telling him to kill the world-famous musician."

7-18-84
James Huberty, 41, whacked almost two dozen people at a MacDonald's restaurant in San Diego.
"...his wife said he had been hearing voices."

8-20-86
Patrick Sherrill kills 14, wounds 6 in Edmund, OK post office.
"He was harassed by the 'voices' of children."

1990s
the Railroad Killer, Rafael Resendez-Ramirez
"At some time I have start(ed) to hear funny voices, like a person calling me, but no one call me." ---Rafael Resendez-Ramirez, in a letter to a reporter in Houston following his surrender to authorities

4-25-90
Atlanta, GA, shopping mall, James Calvin Brady, a black man who believed a machine had been implanted in his stomach that told him to kill white people, 1 dead, 4 wounded

12-16-92
Wayne Lo, 18, Simon's Rock College, Great Barrington, Massachusetts, 2 dead, 4 wounded
--He repeatedly insisted, for example, that he was "a very happy person" before the message to kill came, as he believes it did, out of nowhere.

3-23-94
Mario Aburto Martiniez, alleged assassin of Mexican presidential candidate Luis Donaldo Colosio in Tijuana, Mex.
He went to where Colosio was speaking, and suddenly a little voice from deep inside "came over him" which instructed him to shoot Colosio's feet.

5-21-98
Tucson, AZ, post office 1 dead, 4 wounded
Gracie Verduzco, a 35-year-old paranoid schizophrenic who believed she had a transmitter in her left ear that received messages from a satellite,

5-22-98
Kip Kinkel, Springfield, OR, Thurston High School, 1 dead, 7 seriously wounded
When asked, "Where do you think the voices came from?" Kip replied, "Well, I had some theories. Maybe it was from the devil... the government might have put a chip in my head. Government satellites might have transmitted to the chip.... At first I thought the voices were outside of my head because they were so very loud, like surround sound." Kip also claimed he believed one satellite gave voices to the microchip and another followed his every movement.

7-24-98
Russell Weston Jr., 41, ran into the Capitol building and killed two police officers. He believed he was being told to do so by alien radio transmissions.

5-3-99
Southcoast Early Childhood Learning Center, Costa Mesa, California, Steven Allen Abrams, 39. Killed two toddlers and seriously injured several more when he drove his car at high speed onto the school playground.
-A man accused of intentionally plowing his car into a Costa Mesa preschool playground conceived the attack years in advance, hoping that killing "innocent" children would halt the voices he claims the government was beaming into his brain...
--Abrams began to believe that "somebody had brain wave technology that could control somebody's thoughts and behavior,"
--He believed government agencies had devised machines ..that "may even insert thoughts of killing"

5-20-99
T.J. Solomon, 15, Conyers, GA, Heritage High, 6 wounded
--Dr. Eddy Regnier, a teacher of psychiatry at Harvard University and who was hired by defense attorneys to examine T.J. said that T.J. had suicidal thoughts and believed to hear voices giving him commands. “He heard voices telling him to do strange things, but they were robotic voices, not human voices”(wikipedia)

6-29-03
Joseph Hunter Parker, 30, killed two people with a samurai sword at an Albertson's supermarket in Irvine, California(Orange County).
" .... phone calls to his mother back in Virginia were shorter and stranger. "He kept telling me, I hear voices, Momma, telling me to do bad things" Susan Davis said.

10-10-03
Mijailo Mijailovic, 25, stabbed to death Sweden's foreign minister, Anna Lindh.
"He said he could not ignore voices in his head telling him to attack."

3-2-05
Jason Clinard, 14, Stewart County High School, Cumberland City, TN 1 dead
He shot his school bus driver six times, killing her as she stopped to pick him up.
--the teen told staff at Middle Tennessee Mental Health Institute that he had been "hearing voices for about five years, which instructed Jason to harm others and himself"
--The boy told the psychiatrist, "it's like somebody else controlling my body."

12-1-07
Christopher Erin Rogers, 28, Anchorage, AK 2 dead, 3 wounded
He said he heard voices in his head, voices that got more insistent over years and especially in the three months before he killed his father and maimed his father's fiancee in Palmer
Did he want to kill people?
"I didn't want to, like I said, I felt like I had to. I didn't want to do any of that s--t," he said, his voice brittle. "But I did."

12-15-07
Trevor Lapierre, 22, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
He stabbed a stranger to death on the street.
His friend said Lapierre confided to him during an online chat that he heard "voices of demons that would tell him to hurt people. They would taunt him.''
''Every time I leave my house it’s a constant struggle in the radio frequencies, always belittling me..."

2-23-10
Deer Creek Middle School, Jefferson County, CO 2 wounded
Bruco Strongeagle Eastwood, 32, heard voices coming from the 'Nielson box' attached to his TV...
"An attorney for Strongeagle told jurors... her client has struggled with imaginary voices for years."
--...he entered the school and told staffers he had attended it in 1991 or 1992, and asked if he could tour it.
He was told he would have to wait until students left. He waited in his car and watched a sheriff's deputy who is assigned to the school drive away to another call before he sneaked up on the students and started shooting.

4-19-10
Abdo Ibssa shot three people, then himself... at Parkwest Hospital in Knoxville, TN. He left a note, according to police, that a microchip had been placed in him during surgery.

5-3-10 Layla Trawick, 35, stabs four people at a Target store in West Hollywood.
Witnesses say Trawick screamed "there is no witness protection program" during the attack at the Target store.
Her mother told ABC7 that sounds familiar.
"She thinks that there's a bug in her ear, like a microphone and a camera in her eye. That she's sent on these missions from the government," said Trawick's mother. "So she thinks she should be in the witness protection program and she's not."

1-8-11 Tucson/Giffords shooting Jared Loughner, 22 6 dead
Loughner told a psychologist... that "the radio was talking to him and inserting thoughts into his mind."

4-9-11 Ridderhof Mall massacre in Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands, 6 dead
Tristan van der Vlis, 24, believed he heard the voices of the dead...

9-6-11 Carson City, NV--IHOP, Eduardo Sencion, 32 5 dead
He "spoke of hearing voices that were telling him to do “bad things” to people."

8-13-13 St. Joseph, Louisiana bank hostage taker Fuaed Abdo Ahmed, 20 3 dead
"Ahmed told hostage negotiators that he heard voices and wanted to have a device removed from his head."

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Since this is more and more looking like a " false event " for either taking our guns , getting off the subject of Syria or Benghazi....

Someone was caught leaking the story a day or hours before it happened....

I'm not really sure I believe this newest information concerning this gunmen. Besides... Anybody in their right mind would take this guy's clearance knowing he heard voices! Whom-ever he spoke to ( if fact ) would have an obligation to call his superiors and let them know the guy was hearing " voices in his head " He apparently said it to a Vets Hospital! They know all his information. They would have an obligation... Period!!!

Come on... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out!!

I'm stunned at the flags on this thread. This is horsePoop!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So put the guy in a faraday cage and see if the voices stop.

Or, whatever the equivalent is for microwaves; I've seen microwave-'proof' fabric sell for $100 a sq. foot or so.

Oh, nvm.

He's dead Jim.
edit on 18-9-2013 by teachtaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
he must have had directedenergyweaponitus or or maybe microwave sydrome??

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyLurker

What is that?

Are you talking about brain lesions or something? Cavitation (micro/nano,) perhaps?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

To digest that the "Whack Job" had a Security Clearance
is beyond measure.

Good God Almighty,,, Who is running the show here?

Barnum & Bailey. A Dark and Tragic Circus.

S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

You realize there are other agencies and groups in the world besides those of America?

Agencies and groups which posses the ability to cause such events to occur?

The man may not have been insane.

Most people who are insane are fairly obviously insane. They lose thought coherency.

According to all accounts the man may have been eccentric or unusual, but his thoughts were coherent.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

miniatus
. I was betting a friend of mine a $20.00 that this very kind of thing would appear... guess who won?
edit on 9/17/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

I had a bet with a friend that no matter what the topic is on ATS that someone (like yourself) will come on the thread and basically say ''This thread is garbage, you are all nutters and the real story is......''

The truth is, Mind control does exist, whether it was used in this case remain to be seen.
I'm always a lot more dubious when Government defense buildings are involved.

If this thread raises awareness about mind control or nutters then that's what the site is all about.

I'm shocked that you seem shocked that this thread appeared, you seem to be a very frequent posting member.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Schizophrenics don't always stay on medications even though they might seek help, but not always keep following their mental health providers.

I know Schizophrenics. You can't force people to take their medication and neither can you force them to remain in treatment. It's sad, but you just can't force them.

This man was not a victim of mind control experiments or microwave whatever, he was Schizophrenic. Now people will probably try to say Ronnie DeFeo was a victim of mind control from all the radio wave signals from radio towers built on Long Island in the early 1970s. He said he heard voices too. We don't know that he actually did.

It's much easier to blame something huge so we don't have to make the person responsible for their actions. The Navy Yard shooter probably should have taken medication and committed himself for psychiatric treatment, but he, like thousands and thousands of other Schizophrenics, don't take medication or stay in treatment. Pile on top of a Schizophrenic the idea that someone else is doing this to them, then you have classic paranoia. That's why they are called Paranoid Schizophrenics.

Millions of people in the world today have Schizophrenia, some do take medication, but some just can't be compelled, coerced or forced. It's truly sad, but when he got to that stage, it was too late.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Whoa man, what an excellent researched list! Many that you listed I was unaware of. If this doesn't strengthen then point that EMF weapons and devices truly are a real threat in society, I don't know what will.
Thanks for posting!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Taggart

miniatus
. I was betting a friend of mine a $20.00 that this very kind of thing would appear... guess who won?

I had a bet with a friend that no matter what the topic is on ATS that someone (like yourself) will come on the thread and basically say ''This thread is garbage, you are all nutters and the real story is......''

The truth is, Mind control does exist, whether it was used in this case remain to be seen.

If this thread raises awareness about mind control or nutters then that's what the site is all about.

I'm shocked that you seem shocked that this thread appeared, you seem to be a very frequent posting member.

Have you seen Schizophrenics? Let's go with the most obvious answer first then build up to mind control conspiracies. While it may be possible for mind control to exist, there are some things to think about:

1:Why this man?
o you know his family history of mental illness?
3:What would make him more receptive to radio signals?
4:Why this man?

OK, I know that is twice, but still, of the thousands of people who worked there, why this man? You don't target someone for no reason, and if he were targetted for this purpose, then why?

It's really easy to say someone is mind controlled, after all, hypnosis is a form of mind control, but it's very hard to prove. When I read this, it automatically made me remember Ronnie DeFeo saying he heard voices as well. We just don't know because he changed his story many times. But Ronnie DeFeo killed his family BEFORE all the conspiracy theories began to emerge about MKUlTRA.

I knew a man one time that raped his 3 year-old daughter and said "I was the victim of psychological experiments when I was a child in California". He seemed to think he should not be responsible for his actions. The judge and jury in that case sent him to prison for life. When you have a nutter running around, they usually show that they are a nutter and do things that prove they are before they do their last act.

So why this man?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well, if he didn't wait one to six months for a reply from the VA, he wasn't being patient enough.

Just sayin...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

WarminIndy

Taggart

miniatus

Have you seen Schizophrenics? Let's go with the most obvious answer first then build up to mind control conspiracies. While it may be possible for mind control to exist, there are some things to think about:

1:Why this man?
o you know his family history of mental illness?
3:What would make him more receptive to radio signals?
4:Why this man?

OK, I know that is twice, but still, of the thousands of people who worked there, why this man? You don't target someone for no reason, and if he were targetted for this purpose, then why?

It's really easy to say someone is mind controlled, after all, hypnosis is a form of mind control, but it's very hard to prove. When I read this, it automatically made me remember Ronnie DeFeo saying he heard voices as well. We just don't know because he changed his story many times. But Ronnie DeFeo killed his family BEFORE all the conspiracy theories began to emerge about MKUlTRA.

I knew a man one time that raped his 3 year-old daughter and said "I was the victim of psychological experiments when I was a child in California". He seemed to think he should not be responsible for his actions. The judge and jury in that case sent him to prison for life. When you have a nutter running around, they usually show that they are a nutter and do things that prove they are before they do their last act.

So why this man?

Why you replied to me I do not know. Mind Control does exist. Not 'may' exist.
As for the rest, I have no opinion, reread my post, my post was a reply to someone ripping this thread when whether some like it or not, IT IS A POSSIBILITY but there are other possibilities of course.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

spirited75

yes it is called schizophrenia, with ideas of reference and persecution complex.

Exactly what I say. I think people just have never seen a Schizophrenic. My father was and let me tell you, he exhibited all those things. He believed everyone was talking about him, he believed the police were coming to get him and he believed the voices.

He suffered the persecution complex so strong that he refused to go outside and that everyone in the world hated him. I knew he had Schizophrenia and being the child of a Schizophrenic, I stayed aware for anything that might exhibit in me, because Schizophrenia is considered a genetic condition. I am not Schizophrenic, but I have a brother who did develop it. He believes he can change the weather with his mind. What do you say to a sibling who now has developed a genetic condition that he has no control over?

I think these mind control theorists really need to go to mental health hospitals and clinics to speak to people who are Schizophrenics. If you have dealt with it in your own life, you really have to control your own emotions around them. Schizophrenics are also highly suggestible, if you suggest to them they might be victims of someone else controlling their mind, they will believe it and began to build something around that.

My brother does not have a gun and certainly the rest of us are not going to allow that. But what can we do if he obtains guns without our knowledge?

I think that once a Schizophrenic exhibits symptoms, a law should be made to implant in them a pump for their medication. They don't stay on it so something has to be done. Right now, we can't force my brother to take his medication and we can't force him to seek mental health treatment. Used to be a long time ago that is how the world did it. But we live in a different world today and can't force anyone against their will.

My father and brother both were and are Schizophrenics. I know the issues and emotions that come along with it. As a family member, you are powerless to change it for them, all you can do is try to keep them from harming themselves and others. My brother was so deeply affected, he wanted to kill our mother. Can we be angry with the biological processes going on in his brain?

That's why I don't believe all these "mind control" theories, I have seen first-hand the effects of Schizophrenia.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Taggart

WarminIndy

Taggart

miniatus

Why you replied to me I do not know. Mind Control does exist. Not 'may' exist.
As for the rest, I have no opinion, reread my post, my post was a reply to someone ripping this thread when whether some like it or not, IT IS A POSSIBILITY but there are other possibilities of course.

Can you prove for me the difference in mind control and Schizophrenia? Does mind control exist because conspiracy theorists told you it exists?

Hypnosis is mind control. Conditioning a child for sex abuse is mind control. Stockholm Syndrome is a form of mind control. Cult leaders control minds of followers.

But your theories of mind control via microwave signals, that is something you will have to prove and a few people on TV shows does not prove it. MKULTRA does not control people like you think it has.

Schizophrenia and mental illness are very real. When you believe a Schizophrenic spouting about how they are controlled by someone or something else, then you have just bought into their magical thinking.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Paranoid schizophrenia is probably the most likely explanation. But there certainly are enough strange things about both the incident and the alleged shooter to raise the possibility there is more to it.

There are many patents and claims for devices that can do what he claimed. This US Air Force patent uses microwaves to send voices into someone's head. It's from 2002, so they are probably a lot further along with it now:

US Patent 6,470,214 Method and device for implementing the radio frequency hearing effect

Another possibility could be something llike MK-Ultra, where multiple personalities were (are?) created through trauma. That would explain the blackouts and missing time he allegedly experienced in past violent episodes.

Or maybe he was just crazy.

I don't know which is scarier or more believable:

That the government has secret mind control experiments where they split a person's personality and use one personality for their own purposes, possibly programming or triggering them with voices in their head projected with a microwave device?

Or that a crazy person with a violent history can get a secret security clearance (and keep it, even after telling the military that he was being followed and was hearing voices in his head? And that he can then invade an allegedly highly secure military base full of US Navy secrets using a former employee's ID badge (inexplicably still active) and shoot a dozen people with apparent high accuracy from the 4th floor... armed only with a shotgun and one or two 9mm handguns?
edit on 18-9-2013 by ikonoklast because: corrected a typo

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
And the type of mind control that never comes up in discussions like these, is being able to control one's own mind.
Everyone gets frustrated, everyone gets angry, everyone has thoughts about doing stupid things and occasionally hurting others.
The difference is that some just think about it, and some do it.
Those who act on unreasonable impulses have always been an element of society, the bigger the society gets, the bigger the element becomes, but not in relation to the rest of society, the ratio doesn't change so much over time.
What did change was technology, technology influences weaker minds to act, it isn't about gun control, it isn't about censorship, it's about impulse control.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I can see how something like that could work. On those ghost hunting shows, they would sometimes go into a room with a meter, and point it at a electrical outlet and say "right there is your problem, because of the frequency, that certin frequency can cause paranoia, and sometimes make you feel like you are being watched".

So I can believe the gov. came up with something that could admit this high frequency, and or concentrate it to cause symptoms of that magnitude. Like shooting people and those parinoid feelings.
edit on 18-9-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Also in regard to schizophrenia, don't forget the shooter was 34. It is actually very RARE for a someone over the age of 30 to begin developing symptoms of this disease. Most of it happens from 15-30 with 18-25 being most common age range. It is also as the above author stated, a very obvious disease for people who speak to someone with schizophrenia. That no one noticed any real symptoms far before the incident is extremely fishy.

Also in regard to taking away the rights of people who are deemed mentally ill by the establishment, that's fine as long as they are in an institution. Taking away constitutional rights from someone before they have even committed a crime is not allowed. If someone is so crazy that they cannot have a gun or buy one, they should be either A. In a nuthouse or B. Under direct supervision. If someone is consistently doing crazy things and have trouble functioning normally, then that's a failure of a system to allow families and friends to report and get help for people.

It's kind of how I 100% believe that anyone who is not physically in prison should have their constitutional rights returned. If someone is such a danger that they cannot handle access to guns and voting, they should be in prison. There is a whole class of people who can no longer vote or protect themselves. Probation is just a funny little creation set out to ensure that tax paying citizens who aren't currently incarcerated are second class to the point of being able to vote in elections.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join