It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Yard shooting suspect reached out to vet hospitals for ‘psychological issues’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I never found a hotel/motel that had good sound proofing between rooms and have had many bad night in them.

As for sleep disorders they can drive you nuts in them self.

At one point i was going without sleep for three nights in a row then crashing for 12 to 16 hours only to start the cycle over again and this went on for 14 months.

The doctors were little help.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this was the case. It's probably a EMF weapon/device of some kind. They are used for harassment, surveillance and mind control. Agencies like the Pentagon, CIA and NSA use them to monitor people, manipulate their minds, and at times even kill them. Some officials refer to them as the "most feared and controversial weapons of the modern age."

They are just an extension of the MK Ultra programs. Dr. Ross Adey worked on the CIA's Pandora Project, using microwaves to send signals to human brains. The results showed how they affected emotional and pathological states. He also learned that human brains could be controlled remotely through extremely low frequency modulated microwave beams, able to cause psychological and physical harm.

Many people being targeted by these devices suffer from effects including burning, itching, tingling and/or feelings of pressure, sleeplessness and anxiety. Also reports of hearing "humming" or "buzzing".

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Usually the only time your rights are restricted is once you have committed a crime.

Another reason to look at this whole shooting with increased scrutiny. Is this now going to become an excuse for government to gain even more access to medical history? Even more of an ability to create a class of people that are guilty til' proven innocent?

Both of my parents died of cancer when I was younger and I went through a phase in my life of severe depression. Will people like me in the future be prevented from owning a gun because of regular human emotions associated with life events?

I am simply thinking critically and adding another viewpoint. That's why I love this board. I should have started posting sooner.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Both of my parents died of cancer when I was younger and I went through a phase in my life of severe depression. Will people like me in the future be prevented from owning a gun because of regular human emotions associated with life events?

Im very sorry to hear about that.
About 2 years ago I was feeling very down and exhausted by stress. I went to my doctor for help and he adamantly refused me anti depressants for the very same reason you describe. He told me it would be on my record for the rest of my life, and that I didnt want to get onto them in the first place. He told me to go and try to work it out and go back if it got worse. Needless to say, I never went back.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

That's exactly what's been going on MK ultra and other methods used to trigger and mind control people to become sleepers , that can be activated , when needed.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Berkowitz said a demon took control of a dog and that dog commanded him to do it.

Nuts do nutty things.

Another example of how when you are unarmed you are dead when the SHTF.

Derek

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Alexis had since then worked for US fleet logistics support squadron No. 46 in Fort Worth, Texas, according to the AP. The US Navy stated that his home of record was New York City. He was reported to hold a “secret” security clearance and had a military issued ID card. “He did have a secret clearance. And he did have a CAC (common access card),” Thomas Hoshko, CEO of The Experts, the firm contracted by the Navy, told Reuters.

"Secret" Security clearance eh......
Maybe he saw something that disturbed him so much TPTB became afraid he might talk or leak information to the public?

Alexis was a practicing Buddhist known to frequent the Wat Busayadhammavanaram Meditation Center in Ft. Worth, Texas, although at least one other visitor came to be wary of Alexis because of his attitude. “He would help people if they came in carrying heavy things,” J. Sirun, an assistant to the monks at the center, told the Washington Post. “From the outside, he was a quiet person. But on the inside, I think he was very aggressive. He did not like to be close with anybody, like a soldier who has been at war."

Sauce

IMO Not every detail is being made public, just doesn't feel right.... or I been on ats too long.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Sounds like several ATS threads ive seen.

I wonder if we, as a forum community, contributed to his delusion and his death?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yes. It becomes something where people are unable to get help with issues because they could be cursing themselves later on in life. Every time I hear the phrase "history of mental illness" I am shocked and appalled. I am one of the few people that believe that medical information regarding therapy should never be released to police or public. It undermines the idea of patient security and the ability to get better and not be punished later for seeking that help.

For me, I forgive myself for any of my actions around when they died. It was a terribly horrible time in my life emotionally. To me, that is perfectly normal. I am sure if anyone interviewed my friends at that time they would have categorized me as a mentally insane depressed person. In light of what I went through, should I forever be held responsible for reacting normally to great loss?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Yes. It becomes something where people are unable to get help with issues because they could be cursing themselves later on in life. Every time I hear the phrase "history of mental illness" I am shocked and appalled. I am one of the few people that believe that medical information regarding therapy should never be released to police or public. It undermines the idea of patient security and the ability to get better and not be punished later for seeking that help.

For me, I forgive myself for any of my actions around when they died. It was a terribly horrible time in my life emotionally. To me, that is perfectly normal. I am sure if anyone interviewed my friends at that time they would have categorized me as a mentally insane depressed person. In light of what I went through, should I forever be held responsible for reacting normally to great loss?

I think its a statistical fact that most of us go through a mental illness at some point in our lives.
The most important thing is coming out of the other side.
Stress can make people do some very strange things, Im very aggressive when Im stressed. I often had fits of road rage and had some "altercations". Im not proud, but I have managed to put the stress behind me now, and Im a completely different person. For now at least.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmTue, 17 Sep 2013 17:40:00 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Why would it need to be anything more exotic than Prozac?

A good friend of mine attempted suicide several times, so his doctor put him on Prozac.....Only one further attempt was required.

Another friend took himself off Prozac after being prescribed it for depression because (to paraphrase him) "I was gonna f******g kill someone".
edit on 17-9-2013 by squarehead666 because: format

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yes my girlfriend laughed at me when I said I wanted to create a version of the catholic confessional booth but with professional psychologists in the seats instead of priests. So people could secretly come and get mental health without being placed on lists.

It's true, we have all had mental illness in our lives. Of course if you look at it realistically it's just a normal process not an illness. Looking back at it, I think I came out of everything o.k. I didn't get in any drunk driving accidents, didn't do drugs, didn't hurt anyone physically, and for the most part came out more mature and calm than I was prior.

Reacting to loss, changes, and challenges is a part of being human. Sadness, isolation, and feelings of hopelessness are normal after losing people,jobs, spouses, partners in your life. It's just sad that now it may be used as a weapon to take away rights from innocent people(people who have not committed crimes).

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Yes my girlfriend laughed at me when I said I wanted to create a version of the catholic confessional booth but with professional psychologists in the seats instead of priests. So people could secretly come and get mental health without being placed on lists.

It's true, we have all had mental illness in our lives. Of course if you look at it realistically it's just a normal process not an illness. Looking back at it, I think I came out of everything o.k. I didn't get in any drunk driving accidents, didn't do drugs, didn't hurt anyone physically, and for the most part came out more mature and calm than I was prior.

Reacting to loss, changes, and challenges is a part of being human. Sadness, isolation, and feelings of hopelessness are normal after losing people,jobs, spouses, partners in your life. It's just sad that now it may be used as a weapon to take away rights from innocent people(people who have not committed crimes).

Woah, let me stop you right there.

"professional" psychologists are often crazier than their "patients".
I think it would be better if it was people that had dealt with depression in the past sitting in the confession booth.

As for everything else you said, I agree totally.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

Oh yeah those medications are horrible.

What's amazing is that doctors will prescribe these medications before suggesting the obvious.

Instead of pointing out running and quitting alcohol(if they are drinking, which most depressed people are...alcohol adds to depression) doctors instead are pill pushers.

Running, sleeping, eating light, and quitting alcohol will do more for a person's mood than any current depression medication of the market.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Not all professional psychologists are bad. There are two groups of psychologists that are in the professional community. There are what I deem the "original sin" psychologists and the "nurture" psychologists. One group blames everything on genes and therefore will prescribe you pills for your problems. The other group makes you talk about every memory and relationship you have and help you work through how your experiences could have led you to your current mental state. It is the latter I imagine in my confessional booths.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Not all professional psychologists are bad. There are two groups of psychologists that are in the professional community. There are what I deem the "original sin" psychologists and the "nurture" psychologists. One group blames everything on genes and therefore will prescribe you pills for your problems. The other group makes you talk about every memory and relationship you have and help you work through how your experiences could have led you to your current mental state. It is the latter I imagine in my confessional booths.

Okay not all, but most are nuts.

lol, Im playing,

or am I?

With that dilemma Im off to bed.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There are a few things that give his story credibility to me.

1.) He sought help and told the police. Whatever was happening, he truly believed it was something he needed help with, but not from a doctor.

2.) He had the sense to realize how crazy he sounded. This is indicated by the fact that he specified to the police that he had no family history of mental illness. Why else would he say that unless he realized what he was saying was ridiculous? If he was really crazy I don't think he'd even have the perspective to realize he sounded like a lunatic.

3.) Assuming his statement is true about having no family history of mental illness, then he couldn't have been schizophrenic as schizophrenia is hereditary. Even WITH family history, even direct history such as one or both parents, your chances of having the illness yourself are still only about 10%.

4.) A gun wielding man running from state to state cowering in hotel rooms to hide from supposed voices and microwaves, actively speaking to police with full disclosure of his situation (whether real or perceived) somehow stays completely off the map with no restrictions or monitoring? That doesn't seem likely.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

We are all psychotic to some degree... The faith (yes faith) people put on mental categorization and definition of maladies and causes to me is compliantly delusional in nature, we can at best define what doesn't seem normal or general to a population but beyond that it serves no real purpose if all the parties do not chose to believe and work in the same mental framework. There is no normal or crazy their is only aberrant behavior and more often than not aberrant behavior arises due to external sources due to abnormal events and environmental degradation (like crime levels being linked to lead levels... why we today promote unleaded gasoline).

Most of psychoanalysis works on the base of the placebo effect (taking the role of the old medicine doctors, witchcraft and religious beliefs). The other side dedicates itself to prescribing drugs to manage more the symptoms than the causes of bio-chemical dysfunctions all with a high degree of uncertainty and a lot of side effects and is intrinsically like all drugs a profit based industry. Consider that any advances at all that exist in understanding brain functions have been at the end of the 20th century and most of it is still very unstable the more reliable discoveries have been in regards to behaviorism and neuropsychiatric understanding of the brain...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

And this should be no surprise considering what effects long turn negative human voice tone can have with negative reinforcement.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

That and how many people have you known that say "I am bipolar, that's why I am acting this way" instead of actively trying to work toward better understanding themselves and their actions/moods. Same with depression.

If mental illness now effects most people then it is not an illness but rather a widespread problem of over diagnosis of regular human behavior in relation to life events.

Doctor: Oh so....you work in cubicle job and your wife just left you? I see.

: Patient looks around room, seeing Zyrtec and Prozac ads adorning the walls:

Doctor: Your symptoms are symptoms of a manic depressive. Don't worry, it's hereditary and completely curable through ongoing medication. I am going to prescribe you Prozac.

edit on 17-9-2013 by OrphanApology because: edit

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join