It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allah's Apostle said:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Jesus (peace be upon him) was a prophet, not the son of God.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KAOSKTRL
Noble Quran
I have never seen a Quran that did not have the words in () a full 20 % of the Quran does not exsist and has to be filled in by the writers they put their addtion in() otherwise it doesnt maKe any sense at all.
Have ever held a Quran and read the introductrion and footnotes?

Hehe, for your information, those footnotes and additions are not there because a part is missing. There is a fundamental difference between arabic language and european languages, they way they say things, their grammar, a word-for-word translation is not possible.
I am refering to additions in translation you quoted, which are not the explanation of arabic text, but an ADDITION, something that is not there in arabic (refer to the bold part of my quote of verse in question).
I have looked in several translations, and nowhere does it mention "forbid PEOPLE", only forbid evil (evil deeds etc, etc).

Pickthall translation:
"009.112 (Triumphant) are those who turn repentant (to Allah), those who serve Him), those who praise (Him), those who fast, those who bow down, those who fall prostrate (in worship), those who enjoin the right and who forbid the wrong and those who keep the limits (ordained) of Allah - And give glad tidings to believers"

Authorised english translation of Qur'an by Dr. Rashad Khalifa:

[9:112] They are the repenters, the worshipers, the praisers, the meditators, the bowing and prostrating, the advocators of righteousness and forbidders of evil, and the keepers of GOD's laws. Give good news to such believers.

Compare these to the one I posted, they are pretty much the same (they are also consistent with translations I have in german, bosnian and croatian). The explanation in your quote, however, greatly changes the meaning of these verses.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I believe the clarity of the the posts I made are far superior to the whitewahed westeriezd version you prefer to foust on people .
It is authoriezed by the keeper of the 2 mosques .
They are not apolgetic of Islam and neither should you be.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yusuf Ali's translations are especially pleasing to western eyes.

For example, Ali's translation of 004.034 states that men may beat their wives, however he adds "(lightly)". Unfortunately my preferred translations is also guilty, adding "(lightly, if it is necessary)".

It is my understanding that this is not in the original Arab version. Pickthal and Shakir's translations simply say "scourge" them or "beat" them.

A beating is a beating. And I'd certainly like an explaination as to what qualifies as a "light" beating.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I believe the clarity of the the posts I made are far superior to the whitewahed westeriezd version you prefer to foust on people .
It is authoriezed by the keeper of the 2 mosques .

He could be a keeper of The Ring for all I care

I quoted three different english versions written at different point in time by different people in different countries, plus they are consistent with three other translations in three other languages from three different countries, one of them a muslim country.
I think that in terms of scientific relevance to analysis (not in terms of their believability or religious relevance), they seem to be the acurate translations.

Now, can you explain why you quoted that sentence from that specific sura anyway?

In case people havent noticed, we are talking about SENTENCES taken from one of the stories in one of the suras (chapters) of Qur'an, much like discussing only the following words from the Bible: "and there was light", without any other sentences from that story.
A philosophical discourse, one could say.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You posted some abrogated Quran verse.
I made a post that shows since the Quran has no ‎contradictions your post carries no value in normal understanding of the Quran Becuase it has been replaced with something better. tolerance for intolerance‎

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I made a post that shows since the Quran has no ‎contradictions your post carries no value in normal understanding of the Quran Becuase it has been replaced with something better. tolerance for intolerance‎

Might be the fact that english is not my native language, but I have no clue what you just said.
Normal understanding? What has been replaced exactly? And why does my post carry no value?
Please clarify.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

I made a post that shows since the Quran has no �contradictions your post carries no value in normal understanding of the Quran Becuase it has been replaced with something better. tolerance for intolerance�

Might be the fact that english is not my native language, but I have no clue what you just said.
Normal understanding? What has been replaced exactly? And why does my post carry no value?
Please clarify.

English IS my native language, and I have no clue what he said either.

KAOSKTRL is an awful writer (perhaps speaker), so I do not give much merit to his unintelligible posts, anyway.

Good luck debating him Paperclip!! (you might need a pre-schooler to help translate)

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You postsed this to suggest that islam promated tolerance and eccepted the free practice of other faiths.
I responded with a post that explains that some verses in the Quran have been replaced with others .otherwise there would be contridictions in the quran .because the ideas are exclusive and incompatiable the early ones are replaced with the later ones .
These are simple ideas that anyone one wioth even passing knowledge of even basic Islam understands.
I have to sign off now good night
google abrogation Islam to get a handle on this easy to understand Idea.

Originally posted by paperclip
I feel like quoting Sura 109 now:

109:1 Say : O ye that reject Faith!
109:2 I worship not that which ye worship,
109:3 Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
109:4 And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,
109:5 Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
109:6 To you be your Way, and to me mine.

You should refrain from succuming to your desires It is not good for Islam

Surah 2:106, "None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?"

Surah 16:101 "When We substitute one revelation for another, and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages), they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not."

mindfilter.net...

9.112. (The believers whose lives All�h has purchased are) those who repent to All�h (from polytheism and hypocrisy, etc.), who worship Him, who praise Him, who fast (or go out in All�h's Cause), who bow down (in prayer), who prostrate themselves (in prayer), who enjoin (people) for Al-Ma'r�f (i.e. Isl�mic Monotheism and all what Isl�m has ordained) and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds and all that Isl�m has forbidden), and who observe the limits set by All�h (do all that All�h has ordained and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which All�h has forbidden). And give glad tidings to the believers.

9.113. It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask All�h's Forgiveness for the Mushrik�n (polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of All�h) even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join