It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto 5...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

the owlbear
reply to post by n00bUK

So go buy a usb memory stick and slap that greasy pig in and get your gta on.
I forget how much external those things support. I have an old elite. Maybe 16 gb? Cheap fix.

The Xbox 360 can support up to a 32GB USB drive. Format it with the Xbox then you should be good to go.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
'Grand Theft Auto V' sales race past $1 billion

"Grand Theft Auto V" raked in more than a billion dollars in a record-shattering first three days on the streets for the unabashedly violent videogame, the publisher announced.

Take-Two Interactive Software said it believed that the blistering pace of GTA V sales "marks the fastest (of) any entertainment property, including video games and feature films."

"Grand Theft Auto is a cultural phenomenon, and Rockstar Games continues to redefine what can be achieved in interactive entertainment," said Take-Two chief executive Strauss Zelnick.

Take-Two's unit Rockstar Games spent five years crafting the title, with a rumored production budget of $270 million, and the time has paid off for gamers, according to a slew of reviews giving it top marks.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!!!! Have fun, Im broke to get it...I want to cry, because I seen the scores it got...kills some s##t for me will you!??

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I went to go buy a used xbox today at the local computer exchange shop and the place had been picked over, not a single ps3 or xbox left

They usually have 5 or 6 of each at least

I guess I could buy a new one but Microsoft have had way too much of my money already (besides the girl in the CEX is super cute and has Super Mario Tattoos
)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

enjoies05
Took the day off. Been playing since 10am and played a few hours last night. It's game is absolutely mind blowing.

I remember those days. I miss them. Then I got a fiance who hates my xbox 360. Sometimes I plan to run away....with the xbox of course...LOL, Just kidding..or am I?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

cody599
As long as you are happy with your life choices

GTA5 or Golf ?

Hmmmmmmmmm difficult one

Oh yeah

Family,

Hold my wife, call my kids, laugh with my daughter, compliment my son

Or GTA5 ? Yeah difficult choice

In your world

Cody

What are you talking about?

Wife on the couch with her Nook? check
Son in his recliner, swapping off turns? check
dog in my lap? check

Whatever you do, do it as a family.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I just traded in 17 PS3 games to get me £60 store credit, for which I brought the limited edition version. I must say I haven't got a clue how I'm ever going to get some sleep again, what a game!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

17 games at 20-40 pounds each at time of purchase: £500-700 for one game in exchange - ouch!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

skyblueworld
I just traded in 17 PS3 games to get me £60 store credit, for which I brought the limited edition version. I must say I haven't got a clue how I'm ever going to get some sleep again, what a game!

Whoa....conned, much lol!!! The game is only £38, standard version...no crappy blimp.

I got the game on the 17th when it came out, played hard for a few days...completed it yesterday
Ive still got about 20% of the game to do, a couple of missions with Franklin and the psycho dude. I really hope you get a deep sea submarine, ive got a little one but it cant go deep, which makes me think there are others to be unlocked.

At one point in the game you go to an army docks where there is a massive nuclear sub....im gonna try nick it lol!!

It is a really good game but its more geared up to online play this time. I feel for those who have an xbox and need to spend even more money to play it online. A guy i knew had a 4gb Xbox, couldnt play the game, had to wait for a USB drive to arrive in the post lol. 4gb....haha wtf??? What a con, even Sony do a 4gb PS3, its pointless, i cannot see how people can be so dumb to buy these things. A 250gb PS3 is about £200 a 4gb is about £170.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I have 3 xbox's. The one in my bedroom is the older one with a 4g HD (the other two are the new ones with the 250g). I don't buy the xbox flash drives. It is an overpriced device. I just use one of the ones around the house. I have a 64g one plugged into my xbox right now so i could move a bunch of stuff over thee so I could install that stupid 7g CD.

Your friend shouldn't have had to wait.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

skyblueworld
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Ah right, so you never spent £800 on games to exchange them for a £38 game....that cleared it up

Its a con if you buy a game, 2 months later you want to part ex it with another game. You will lose most of the money you invested, yea you played the game and had some enjoyment but these game exchange places take the piss when pricing. You can sell them a game for £3, 10 minutes later its on the shelf for £25...id call that a con.
edit on Mon Sep 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

You're not daft, unless you are measured by your ability to follow site T&C's.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

This is exactly correct.

I typically get a full year from most games I buy. Because "most games I buy" is the annual November release of Call of Duty. Once I buy that, I play it (and only it) for a year straight. The only other game I have bought since the last GTA release (GTA IV) is Minecraft (which I played quite a bit, and still play).

In the interim, I didn't purchase the GTA IV add ons (Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost and Damned) from the pawn shop.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ive only bought one console in my life and inherited another and i never bought any games other than GT3 (for ps2)

Ive got so many half played games on steam (pc) that ive actually banned myself from any new titles unless:
A. its so damned awesome you just have to play it (last game to break this rule was diablo 3, it was not worth it.)
B. Ive completed the other titles

I really think im going to break my non console cycle again for the PS4, but only if GTA5 is on it. Without it, its a total deal breaker.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Okay, I've played it (30% through the storyline, heh) and it's just the same old GTA... but slicker, bigger and better.

The load times (in game) and mechanics are amazing. The movement and driving is way better... I used to bang my car to pieces just driving a few blocks, but it's better now with more response and better AI all around, with other drivers being more "logical" ... mostly.

It's more of a challenge because the AI isn't quite as dumb as the other GTA's and although I miss guns being placed in the environment, I like the other little tweaks.

And the three person storyline isn't necessary, but mixes it up a tad and adds re-playability (I'd guess) and options one character doesn't. So thumbs up and though I've been sleep deprived, working from home has afforded me many immersive hours.

And yeah, as in all game discussions eventually, the simulated reality theory that's a meme now makes sense ... and what gets me is the quantum fuzziness of matter that blurs out when attention isn't on it and in that the very tiny fuzzes out, too, like pixels... in laymen's terms.

We could very well be in a simulation... but as it's all we know, it's reality as far as we're concerned. If we are in one, and one day find out how to leave it, then it get's interesting. I don't want Trevor in my living room...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Well, i am 40 now. I first started gaming with the old Atari. Back then, I paid $50 for a game of PacMan. Games haven't increaed much in price over the last 30+ years.

I have bought so many various consoles over the years. Every version of Nintendo, xbox and playstation (including the PSP, which was a lifeline for the job I had at the time....BORING).

No, I am not a hardcore gamer (although i was good enough on GTA IV that folks quit playing with me, but that was due to unemployment at the time). I have just been at it a LOOOOOONG time.

I should add....we have 3 Xbox's for 2 reasons:

- my mother won all 3 of them, along with half a dozen others. All the grandkids have been given xbox's, ps4's, and wii's. I paid for a console way back when they were first released in 2007

- we use them for netflix. A lot.
edit on 23-9-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Meant to post this in here -

The multiple conspiracies and symbolism is rife throughout the game (more so than any game, ever), and it's mind blowing, but in a good way. The hunt for the jetpack and the clues uncovered (hidden messages, movie references, anagrams, architecture which from a certain angle or at a certain time of day resembles something) so far are pretty incredible.

You have the infinite 8 serial killer mystery and the mystery of the ghost of Mt Gordo, but both pale in insignificance before the mighty Mystery of Mount Chilliad. Take the cable car to the top of Mt Chilliad in game and you will find a strange mural depicting the mountain, an all seeing eye and what look like 3 prizes. A flying saucer. A cracked egg. A stick figure with a jetpack.

The hunt has been on for the last 5 months, and though some compelling clues have turned up, no one has managed to solve the damn thing.

To me this is just Rockstar parodying real-world conspiracy theories and ****ing with the paranoid gamer's mind, but it also represents a diabolical puzzle which is pretty damned amazing.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

This is what I'm talkin' 'bout -

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join