It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N: Global warming crisis overblown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

1104light
reply to post by OneManArmy

Not really. I never mentioned MMGW but hey, whatever. I am sure you think pollution is awesome though. What I ACTUALLY DID SAY is that since GW is real, perhaps we should try to do something to protect ourselves. Why you want to argue with that is beyond me.

Yes pumping the upper atmosphere with barium and other heavy metal particles is great. It cools the world from the sun's harmful rays.

/end sarcasm.

Global warming is real as much as global cooling is.
Global warming is so real that now they call it climate change.

Until we invent a giant icepack to place on the sun, i think we are very much at its mercy.

But hey if you want to throw your money at charlatans and snake oil salesmen, dont let me stop you.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 1104light

It's pretty obvious that he made A LOT of money off of taxation, people, and corporations making buying carbon offsets. It's basically common knowledge at this point.

Do we truly know the exact amount? No. But I can assure you that a good percent of that $100 million came from the global warming scam. He is still continuing to make crazy amounts of cash of off it.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

OneManArmy

OK, let me clarify.

MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING IS NOT REAL. Taxing us to offset carbon emissions is a scam.

No.

Man made global warming is real*

Taxing us to offset carbon emissions is a scam

* according to all verifiable science, though I accept that it does not actually specifically state it in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

AndyMayhew

No.

* according to all verifiable science, though I accept that it does not actually specifically state it in the Bible.

I beg to differ, and what does the Bible have to do with it?

When you pay the scientists, you can get them to prove whatever you like.

Ah the good old days when scientists were telling us that it was safe to smoke, or to give pregnant mother's thalidomide.
Or that thimerosol(mercury) is a safe additive for vaccines,
or that aspartame is safe for human consumption.
I could go on, but is it worth it?
Who can forget Saddams stockpiles of WMD's.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

OneManArmy

AndyMayhew

No.

I beg to differ, and what does the Bible have to do with it?

When you pay the scientists, you can get them to prove whatever you like.

So who has been paying tens of thousands of scientists for the past 150 years to create this scam?

Science, and big business/politicians using science for their own ends and misrepresenting it for that reason, are not the same thing.

Besides, on what grounds do you think there is not catastrophic climate change happening right now - other than because science says otherwise?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

AndyMayhew

So who has been paying tens of thousands of scientists for the past 150 years to create this scam?

Science, and big business/politicians using science for their own ends and misrepresenting it for that reason, are not the same thing.

Besides, on what grounds do you think there is not catastrophic climate change happening right now - other than because science says otherwise?

I dont deny climate change. I deny global warming.

There are many things happening to the earth right now, much of it down to solar activity.
It was only in the 60's that we were supposed to be entering an ice age.
Maybe there is a part of our galactic orbit that takes us into areas of space that devastate our planet.
That is just speculation of course. Does anyone know how long it takes our solar system to make an orbit of the milky way, and can that time frame be correlated to past ice ages?

Climate change has been happening since the earth was formed, hence we have fish fossiles high up in mountains and under deserts.

Sudden jumps in species diversification would suggest some great global upheavals throughout earths "living" history, could galactic orbit cause it? I dont know, thats why Im asking.
I dont think its always down to rogue asteroids. They wouldnt make the pole shift.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It has yet to cost me a cent.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Pretty obvious is codespeak for I HAVE NO IDEA BUT I AM SUPPOSED TO HATE HIM FOR IT. I never gave him any money, did you? Please clarify or retract.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

1104light

It has yet to cost me a cent.

How wrong you are.
Unless you have never paid for electricity/gas or bought fuel for a motor vehicle.

Or bought goods from China or anywhere else for that matter.
Because the cost is hidden in inflation, and here in the UK inflation is MOSTLY driven by fuel costs.
And those fuels costs are driven right up by carbon taxes.

Those same fuel costs drive up the costs of moving those goods all over the world, a cost which is passed on to the consumers, causing inflation.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmTue, 17 Sep 2013 17:21:16 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
reply to post by smurfy

Yeah, but the point is: AGW is not a scam. It's happening. It's real.

Politicians using AGW to get more money is the scam (but if it wasn't for AGW they've be scamming you some other way, so really it make sno difference)

And some might argue that the anti-science/catastrophic global cooing religious mob are also on a scam, though only, IMO, insofar as taking your souls and seliing you all for fools.

You can't do it like that! Politicos need the scientific back-up, and over the last ten or more years it is the scientists in some quarters who have/are acting dishonestly, while other honest scientists have left the debate in disgust. Even more, there are honest scientists who have worked on hypothesis for years, while unknowingly using broken science that they thought was established. Do you know that one mainstream scientist working with the UEA,
(University of East Anglia, who are at the forefront of the GW research) but him being based in the US threatened an online blogger who published the damaging e-mails secondhand from that University with possible legal action or consequences for what she had done, this guy used the phrase, "If they are true" yet the guy knew they were true, because he was the one who discovered the hack in the first place. It's time to drop the dead donkey and get a more balanced approach, and I can say easily a better scientific infrastructure that what is available at this time.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Why are you talking about the current cost of energy? I am talking about Al Gore and his green movement not getting a cent from me. You are prattling on about what energy costs NOW.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
reply to post by smurfy

Yeah, but the point is: AGW is not a scam. It's happening. It's real.

Politicians using AGW to get more money is the scam (but if it wasn't for AGW they've be scamming you some other way, so really it make sno difference)

And some might argue that the anti-science/catastrophic global cooing religious mob are also on a scam, though only, IMO, insofar as taking your souls and seliing you all for fools.

Climate Change s real. AGW is a man-concocted myth to scam the general population into thinking they can buy their way out through taxation, guilt trips and a small wealth transfer to the Third World.

Whereas we will be required to pay extreme taxation on a questionable pollutant (CO2 is necessary for sustaining vegetation - or did you miss science 101?) which is in itself inert the developing world is free to "pollute" with it ad infinitum.

If AGW is responsible then why should we allow others to belch out more of this substance. Simply refer to China, they have and are constructing more coal fired generation plants than Western countries and will be exempted or simply ignore their "obligations" to reduce emissions.

You can't have it both ways.

By choosing to ignore the natural cycles of the Sun and its effect on the solar system, you are simply advancing an ill advised theory that doesn't hold up in the least. It is a fact and proven that IPCC scientists were caught red handed and exposed in cherry picking data to justify the AGW theory which is now showing itself to be an unsubstantiated fraud. It is simply a political agenda of the ultra-left wing nuts to keep the population financially enslaved.

AGW supporters are nothing more than sheep or cannon fodder in the battle between the powers that be and the rest of the awakening public.

Wake up and smell the scam!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

SloAnPainful

It's pretty obvious that he made A LOT of money off of taxation, people, and corporations making buying carbon offsets. It's basically common knowledge at this point.

Do we truly know the exact amount? No. But I can assure you that a good percent of that $100 million came from the global warming scam. He is still continuing to make crazy amounts of cash of off it.

-SAP-

Is it, is it obvious? Show me the numbers then.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

He made and promoted his movie jet-setting around the world with little regard for his own Carbon Foot print. If he truly believed his own hype, Al would have would have been completely transparent by donating all profits to the Third World himself and bought those questionable now worthless carbon credits as penance for his polluting sins.

One simple question, leaving the money completely out of the equation. Where is he and his Inconvenient Truth now, and where is the sequel incorporating the concocted data as earlier leaked?

In a successful and unbiased report, he would be including the data on the climate cycles of every planet within the Solar system and that of the Sun itself.

But that would be a very real Inconvenient Truth and it is highly doubtful Al will surface to put his money where his mouth was.

Wake up to the scam.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

All I am asking for is the money and the sources and all you want to do now is not talk about the money. Funny. Put up or shut up. Do you think you seem clever repeating things right wing media tells you? Do you feel clever when asked to back it up and have no clue how to do it simply because you never bothered to check for yourself? I would feel like an idiot.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

1104light

You just said it is not real, then said it is not only real, but natural. You get back to me when you make up your mind if it is real or not.

Your membership in the AGW faith has clouded your perception.

"Global warming," as in warming of the globe, is real and natural.

"Global Warming," as in mankind's alteration over 100 years of the climate of the entire Earth ecosystem is a device to alter the flow of capital and development to the benefit of some over the detriment of others with no measurable effect on the climate of the entire Earth's ecosystem.

After 50 years of alarmists' gobbling up $$Billions of government and private funding, how much of a difference have they made?

We're still on the track to hell, right?
CO2 is worse than ever?
The IPCC is about to tell us they are "convinced" we'll kill ourselves unless we give them $$Trillions!

So, who are the scammers, here?

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

How are we supposed to get the exact numbers? Do you have a answer for that?

I provided you with numbers already. You keep repeating the same stuff and telling other they are repeating themselves. Look in the mirror...

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

the belts of sea move the temp
which control weather
changed due to impurities
global warming to climate changed analysis-hypothesis
perhaps induced from impurities
so cool as warm sea belt (altered) adjust
the hope re sustain w/o too many weather altered effects
globally

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

What an insane rant. Either it is real or not. We need to be on the same planet to go further.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

You said Al Gore made a fortune from the GW hoax. Either you know that is a fact and can back it up or you are full of crap. You tell me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join