It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's First Invisible Skyscraper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bluebook

Sounds like a very cool idea. I like it. Plus, it has the added benefit of not making Ferraris melt.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The problem is it is still visible.

Lol

Now that is clear let me explain in short.

The led screen that will be used on the building cannot render a nightsky (like TVs can't do) so the silhouet will be visible. But more important is that if two people stand with a distance between eachother the landscape behind the building will be different for both of them and a camera or a couple of cameras can't fix that. There will be only a few points in the surroundings of the building that will be the exact same look as a camera will provide according to the lenses it uses. But looking at the scheme in the suggested video there will be three cameras placed above eachother at each side

Interesting project though. I wonder what the resolution of the building will be. Wouldn't it be fun for Anon to hack the led controller and display something?
edit on 17-9-2013 by dumbass because: zpeelinkg

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

soficrow

Sounds like a very cool idea. I like it. Plus, it has the added benefit of not making Ferraris melt.

What would be really creepy is if they made images of huge red eyes on the side of the building, so it looked like laser beams melting a Ferrari.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

bluebook
reply to post by grey580

Maybe they are under the impression that no one can fly a plane into it ?

Depends if the onboard radar is on or off

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I feel sad.

Poor Kim Jong Un must be having fits trying to figure out where to point his Dong right now.

"Go send rittle cousin to stand on top that thing with frash right"

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

penninja
I feel sad.

Poor Kim Jong Un must be having fits trying to figure out where to point his Dong right now.

"Go send rittle cousin to stand on top that thing with frash right"

Haha, you said Dong.

The 12 yr old in me found that hilarious.
I can just see him.... "I p*ss on you southern traitors"

Okay, Sorry. My bad. Funs over.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmTue, 17 Sep 2013 17:50:44 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

greencmp

And poof! No one will know it is there.

Until a plane slams into the side of it....

This reminds me of the tv cartoon Animaniacs - They had a segment called Good idea... Bad idea....

For this, I think it falls into the latter.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

grey580

My bad'idea'ometer is tingling.

Why would you not want to be able to see a building?

coz if its not there you cant tax it!?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Leave it up to the Koreans to come up with a really dumb idea.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
And the award for the biggest pointless power drain in existence goes to...

This thing, I mean come on the energy requirements to power the screens on the outside has to be huge, even with LEDs.

Not to mention the toxic materials that go into making those sorts of screens and the like.

Boggles the mind really... sure I like the "If we can attempt it lets try it" ethos of the human species but it has to have some limits to curb stupidity.

Why not just cover it in reflective material and build it in such a way that it angles the light rays up and away, and orientate it so that the sun never fully strikes one side head on. You still have a mostly invisible tower given from a ground perspective it would mostly be reflecting sky and look identical...
edit on 19-9-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Captain why's that beacon hangin up in the air..? Should we bring out that we have a Ufo infront of us?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Fist off, off topic a sec... D Wolf love the avatar!

On topic... The concept is kinda cool, though it kind of reminds me of all the LED advertising boards in Las Vegas only on steroids. But when I got to the part about where it was located, by the airport made me go hmmm... That is asking for trouble. I have to agree with this statement from the article:

While the concept of an invisible skyscraper is certainly captivating, local birds and airplane pilots might beg to differ.

Grim

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Guys...gals...shemales...Martians... EVERYBODY!! Relax. It will only appear invisible from the correct distance/angle combination. Move closer or further away, or move to the left or right, and it will become exponentially more "visible" with each step you take. Birds should see it, hopefully. The first floor may not have the screens, who knows? But the cameras can only project the image to seem correct from one perspective.

Obviously, as is legal for all tall buildings, there will be lights at the top.

It's just a neat trick and obviously those screens can be used for other things too... In fact, it may be the largest collection of screens put together to make one big screen in existence. If it were Japan they could put a gigantic Godzilla on the screen...

They could give him a very distinguished gentleman voice and have him deliver the news. "And now we have Mothra in the KTV traffic chopper with the latest traffic updates, then after a short break King Kong will give us the sports report."

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I hope the people funding that project have heard of Hans Christian Andersen's "The Emperor's New Clothes."

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This building my initially be invisible but will eventually turn a funky red polka dot colour.

Thud - Splat !

They may even have to employ a guy to gather up the dead birds at the base of the skyscraper or a raptor wrangler with hawks and falcons to keep birds at bay.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The Skyscraper Index is a concept put forward in January 1999 by Andrew Lawrence, research director at Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, which showed that the world's tallest buildings have risen on the eve of economic downturns. Business cycles and skyscraper construction correlate in such a way that investment in skyscrapers peaks when cyclical growth is exhausted and the economy is ready for recession.
slipped disc
herniated disc

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join