It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carney: Obama Implementing Executive Actions Following Navy Yard Shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

umm there are background checks at gun shows and online sales.....dont know where you got the opposite opinion as its quite wrong

to buy a gun online you contact first your ffl (in your area) and ask them if they will accept the transfer of a fire arm(they usually do and ask a small fee) then you find your weapon online bid on it/purchases it then you give the person your buying it from online your local FFL contact info the seller then sends the gun to Your ffl who then does the background check on you to get your gun and depending on waiting period in your state you either walk out with it after clearing the background check or come back and get it 4-10 days later.

gun shows: if buying a gun at a gun show you always have to have a background check done if buying a gun from a person who has a FFL (federal fire arms license)who by law does a background check before every sale.

how you can actually get a gun with out a background check:
possess a CCW permit(concealed weapons permit,term varies by state)and thus in most states avoid a background check via the fact that you have already gone through hoops to get your Permit.

have a curio and relic permit(this only applies to certain fire arms over a certain age of a collectable or historical nature)and by possessing this permit you can have a ffl dealer ship your curio and relic to your door,again this is treated almost akin to a CCW in the fact that you have gone above and beyond the normal level of investigation of buying guns and been cleard by the feds to have this permit.

now it varies from state to state but most states have private party sales what that means for example is in your state of residence private parties can sell guns to each other with out paper work(at their own risk as providing a prohibited person a fire arm is a federal crime) as long as they are both residents of the state the transaction is occurring in.

purchases what is refereed to as a Non fire arm(example a replica black powder pistol) what this means is that the federal government considers these arms to NOT be fire arms(some local laws disagree) and thus do not require a background check to have them and when you order them online they get delivered to your door,while most people would consider any type of gun as well a gun the federal government disagrees and most if not all black powder weapons not designed to take metallic cartridges are exempt from the background check provisions of most if not all states.and as any one who has fiddled with black powder weapons knows while they can be used to take game or defend your self in a pinch they are not the type of weapons that people use to go shoot up large crowds or attack people with(least not in a century and a half) and that is the general consensus of why they dont require the standard procedures to purchase.

hope this cleared up any misconceptions you had on fire arms buying online and if im wrong on anything id appreciate it being pointed out by a more knowledgeable member to correct any errors ive made in this post

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

NightFlight
Anyone other than me think the Navy Yard shooting was custom made for Obama? I mean he had two armed handlers bring him into building 197. Of course, these two have disappeared, now. Happened again, damn.

Now this guy hasn't worked there in over a year or so? So why wasn't his card key canceled out of the system? Could just be flat out failure to do so.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

MDDoxs
reply to post by FlyersFan

You could most definitely be right, but from some of the articles I have seen, it seems like they are splashing the mental health issues across the head lines.

I am not sure how good the gun control angle will work seeing at these involved, well one at least, are veterans. I got a feeling that in this instance, the mental health issue will add to their campaign of gun control.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

As it now stands, it's much easier to get a gun, than it is to get treatment for mental illness.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here's the loophole for those who aren't getting it.

A private citizen who owns a gun can sell that gun to another private
citizen without any government supervision, oversight, or checks.

The only caveat is...if (that) private citizen sells to a felon he has
committed a crime. In fact, both the felon (or the person disallowed
from owning a gun) and the seller have committed a crime.

They call it a "gun-show loophole" because this is where most of these type
of private sales occur. But these private sales can take place anywhere,
a yard sale, a swap meet, from ads in the newspaper, etc...

So let's see how the law reads now...

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.*

*Except by the mayor of New York and Detroit, any state that does not
allow for both open and concealed carry, the whim of any local magistrate,
sheriff, police force, city council, governor, or mayor, FEMA, DHS, TSA,
and by executive order of the President of the United States.

Note: I made that last paragraph up. It is not real. The real law is in bold
above.

note: note: The real law was made by men of courage to insure the
protection of liberty in their new country. Their only shortcoming
was in not understanding that men with liberty become soon become lazy,
that principle and courage die a slow death when conviction cedes to
convenience and largesse.

We have become a nation of sheep acquiescing to the shear, fattened
and lazy and pathetic. Cowards afraid of personal responsibility we
look to the government for protection from ourselves when in the end
it will be the government who will harm us most.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

BellaSabre

MDDoxs

You could most definitely be right, but from some of the articles I have seen, it seems like they are splashing the mental health issues across the head lines.

I am not sure how good the gun control angle will work seeing at these involved, well one at least, are veterans. I got a feeling that in this instance, the mental health issue will add to their campaign of gun control.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

As it now stands, it's much easier to get a gun, than it is to get treatment for mental illness.

Yea but its easer to go to jail if you walk into a police station with a gun than the nut house if you walk into the police station and tell them the wall is talking to you.
edit on 17-9-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

buster2010
There should be background checks for online sales and for gun shows. If I were to go into a gun store and buy a weapon I have to go through a background check so why shouldn't these other ways of obtaining weapons have the same rules.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but internet sales do have background checks. you can't buy anything the ATF considers a "gun" and just have it sent to your home. If I were to buy a stripped AR-15 lower receiver for example, it has to be sent to a licensed FFL holder, almost always a gun store though some private individuals hold an FFL without having a store or shop, and be transferred to you after a background check. mail order guns shipped to the home was stopped in the 60's after Oswald ordered his rifle via a catalogue. The guns show, I can only comment on the state I live in and the couple of surrounding states I've been to shows at and I've always had to go through an NICS check even at the shows. I live in the northeast though so I can't say for certain how that works in more conservative states.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Aaron Alexis was a veteran but did not have PTSD from his service time as he never served in combat or had any other service cause.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

OH NOES!!!! Actually checking people that buy guns at gunshows and actually restricting the nuts that have access to guns? That seems like a real bad idea because....

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that the shooter took Bidens advice? He used a shotgun, not a AR-15! Such perfect timing in when this happened, two CO anti-gun politicians get recalled and then we get another idiot going on a shooting spree? I want to know if we will get any retractions from the media fools who jumped on the idea the he used a Ar and wrote like it was fact. The media agenda is plainly visible for all to see.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

>> They let a guy with mental illness get a top secret US clearance and they never even gave him a thorough background check. Well, I guess there's a precedent for it... and a President.... Obama.
When it comes out that Obama was never actually President due to his background, EVERYTHING he put his signature to will be null and void.
Has anybody ever really examined these games, I mean frame by frame and thoroughly look at possible mind control that they might contain. If at risk vulnerable people can be affected by them that might be their way to push for gun control. They can't make people want to give up guns so they trigger mass shootings in people to force the issue. And there are reports of second gunman, maybe these people are coached and have handlers who start them off on these sprees and then disappear. Maybe they are brainwashed the old fashioned way and made into sleeper agents.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

Sound like a birther so your opinion on anything is pretty much null and void..

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by Dutchowl

Sound like a birther so your opinion on anything is pretty much null and void..

I post this JUST for you.
Fast forward to the 1:13:00 mark and pay attention for a few minutes...you MIGHT just learn something.
(But I doubt it.)

www.youtube.com...=4616

I'm positive you WON'T thank me.

-Peace be with you-

(But since you won't be able to maintain that peace without a gun, you might be screwed!)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

1104light

OH NOES!!!! Actually checking people that buy guns at gunshows and actually restricting the nuts that have access to guns? That seems like a real bad idea because....

Because it's a right for every citizen to bare arms regardless. If they want to go crazy, then they can be taken out by someone else that has a gun. In anti-gun states, this doesn't happen because the crazies go on a rampage and the innocent dies because they can't defend themselves. Regardless on who they are, they will find a way to kill people even if they don't use a gun. But, regardless they can always acquire a gun, anyone can do this under the table and no law can prevent this.

The second (or third) reason why it's bad is because Obama can determine who gets a gun and who doesn't. Imagine if you had been diagnosed with ADHD 10 years ago and it doesn't apply to you anymore. He could take away your right to bare arms because of that. Had depression? Same thing. Obamacare will with certainty be used to monitor people and find out who can legally own guns or not, that I can guarantee. Practically everyone has a mental disorder one way or another. Even Bill Gates has one. Everyone is at risk with these kinds of laws, and it's only a matter of time before they take everyone's guns away like they once did with gold, and that's what's scary.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Em2013
Obamacare will with certainty be used to monitor people and find out who can legally own guns or not, that I can guarantee. Practically everyone has a mental disorder one way or another. Even Bill Gates has one. Everyone is at risk with these kinds of laws, and it's only a matter of time before they take everyone's guns away like they once did with gold, and that's what's scary.

You refer to DRM-5 and yes...it is INDEED a freakin' nightmare of misdiagnosis and flat out lies to enforce that good ol' "police state of mind". Not one person walking and breathing in the US of A is untouched by the crap in that manual.
(If you can even call it a manual...it's more like an indictment of every waking aspect of the human condition!)
It will be a rod with which the sheeple are kept in line without the establishment firing a single shot.
Like Codex Alimentarius and Gun Control, DRM-5 is an absolute nightmare.

-Peace be with you-
edit on 18-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 18-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: More Typos

edit on 18-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Last Typo

edit on 18-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: I need sleep

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Unrealised
I mean, come on.
Every day, in every country, someone is shot by someone.

I object. People are rarely shot (I think I can count it on one hand) in Iceland, and probably never in the Faroe Islands

edit on America/Chicago33Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:33:22 -0500800000018 by eirgud because: Capitol letters and sh#

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Everybody remembers that the "DHS Insider" said that the next gun control push would occur this fall right?

Well here it comes. And that PROVES that this story isn't on the up and up.

I'm sorry, but this has false flag all over it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

727Sky
reply to post by CarbonBase

It was implied he was being treated at the V.A. and no doubt in my mind he was on some type of psychotropic drug regime if truly undergoing treatment.

Psychotropic drugs can mess you up. I'm a vet with some occasional, minor anxiety and depression. My stupid doctor thought Paxil was a swell idea. Well, other than dull me on the football field, sap away my money, and make me lethargic, I didn't see much pros. To top it off after that, "tapering off" these things is a nightmare, and really messes up your mind for a few months. I fell into a little self-destructive phase, and was left worse off than when I started.

I hate the pharmaceutical industry with a passion. A lot of the issues people suffer from can be handled with love and a Bible, not a vial of drugs. This poor man might have had a significantly higher dosing for much longer than I, and it probably altered his brain chemistry beyond repair. That still doesn't excuse him from taking human lives, however.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ridiculous. Current federal laws didn't stop this shooting. What are more laws going to stop? Hint: it starts with "n" and ends with "othing".

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by buster2010

umm there are background checks at gun shows and online sales.....dont know where you got the opposite opinion as its quite wrong

LMAO!!!!!!!
Not at any of the gun shows they ever have here. Apparently I am not alone since the phrase "gun show loophole" comes from gun shows not doing background checks. Please tell me how they do BC at gun shows. I want the entire procedure spelled out for me so I can tell the guy in the folding chair at the card table how to do it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

hangedman13
Anyone else notice that the shooter took Bidens advice? He used a shotgun, not a AR-15! Such perfect timing in when this happened, two CO anti-gun politicians get recalled and then we get another idiot going on a shooting spree? I want to know if we will get any retractions from the media fools who jumped on the idea the he used a Ar and wrote like it was fact. The media agenda is plainly visible for all to see.

He only used a shotgun and just a shotgun? link?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join