It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carney: Obama Implementing Executive Actions Following Navy Yard Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Here it comes .... Rule by executive action. AKA ... rule by executive order.
Take away the rights of law abiding citizens. Take away 2nd Amendment rights.
More power to the government. More power to criminals who ignore the rule of law.
Weaken citizens rights to defend themselves.
Make citizens depend upon the government to take care of them. (and govt always fails)

Gee .. wanna' bet there won't be any mention about MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES and the need
to help people with mental health issues (which is what these shootings are really about)
.. but instead Obama will focus on taking away guns from law abiding citizens???

Washington - CBS - Carney: Obama Implementing Executive Actions Following Navy Yard Shooting

In the wake of the shooting at the Navy Yard, Obama spokesman Jay Carney said the president is implementing executive actions and reiterated his commitment to strengthening gun laws, including expanding background checks to sales online and at gun shows.

“The president supports, as do an overwhelming majority of Americans, common-sense measures to reduce gun violence,” Carney said.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The killer was a vet with PTSD!

What's Obama going to do? Deny all firearms to vets with PTS-. . . . . oh.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Good morning Flyer,

This was my thought process yesterday when this incident happen.

1. Oh no! People have been killed today
  2. Military base eh? That's interesting
  3. Possibly 3 armed suspects?
  4. This will probably bring the gun debate and mental health issues to the forefront...again.

And, it appears my presumption at the end is proving correct. I have read at least 8 articles that have highlighted the gun control, violent video games and mental health issues.

The administrations attempts to take advantage of tragedies is sooooo predicable.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Executive actions are nothing more than a glorified "to do list". He is just making it look like he is doing something proactive to appease the anti gun crowd. He knows that he cannot legally implement any executive order that directly affects the 2nd amendment and have it stand.

This is nothing more than the same thing that he did when he lost support after Sandy Hook.

ETA: Is he going to create an Executive action about his Executive action that he already created? Someone should inform Obama that he already created these Executive actions. Here is the first in his list of 23 following Sandy Hook:

1. ClOSING BACKGROUND CHECK LOOPHOLES TO KEEP GUNS OUT OF DANGEROUS HANDS. Most gun owners buy their guns legally and use them safely, whether for self-defense, hunting, or sport shooting. Yet too often, irresponsible and dangerous individuals have been able to easily get their hands on firearms. We must strengthen our efforts to keep guns from falling into the wrong hands.

Source
edit on 9/17/2013 by SpaDe_ because: Add info

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

beezzer

The killer was a vet with PTSD!

SHHHHHHHHH!

The King may just have forgotten he had that on his list a little longer! (tip toes away...real real quite like..so as not to attract Royal curiosity from the White Palace)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I mean, come on.

Every day, in every country, someone is shot by someone.
Does Obama wake up with a broken heart every morning, knowing that guns have hurt so many people?

Why does he pick out a shooting (as if it were fine cotton) to focus on?
Sure, more people than usual were killed in the incident, but, come on.

He's a scum-bag, and I'm sorry that my American Brothers and Sisters have to put up with him.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

TPTB seem to leave carats of the unconstitutional actions they are about to take. Great example is the history book within a thread here rewriting the 2nd amendment.

There are more of us than them - how do we stop this dreadful machine? Hope isn't enough and change is definitely what we have gotten. I would imagine the majority of those supporting BOs independent exec actions have NO CLUE as to how they affect our freedom.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

SpaDe_
He knows that he cannot legally implement any executive order that directly affects the 2nd amendment and have it stand.

I don't know if he understands that. Seriously. I expect he'll give it a really big try.
And considering the 'you have to pass it to see what's in it' mentality these days ....
He just might be able to pull something off by claiming its' for our own good.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

MDDoxs
This will probably bring the gun debate and mental health issues to the forefront...again.

Oh it'll absolutely bring the anti-gun rhetoric to the forefront again.

But as for the mental health issues ... I"m not seeing it. Really. Obama and his ilk like to blame law abiding gun owners and like to use them as whipping boys ... and Obama and his ilk don't like to hear that mental health issues were involved with the shooters because that takes away from their scheme to disarm Americans. That takes the heat off gun ownership and places it on mental health. IMHO.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I take that proposal and raise him one - mandatory psyc evaluations for all elected officials.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

beezzer

More like deny all firearms to all vets ... period. (they want everyone denied access to firearms) I'm sure that he and his ilk would say that no vet can be trusted .. considering what they've seen in combat etc etc .

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm a vet with PTSD, I don't own any guns (such a lazy, low tech solution)! I have a really nice survival knife!
The news is now reporting the Navy Yard Shooter was being treated for "voices" in the head and other whack job stuff! Surprise! the guy was sick in the head for a long, long time! (like Joe Biden!
Anyway, the people in the government will never EVER address these mass shootings by "insane" people because the government itself would then be culpable since they shut down all the "mental" hospitals a long time ago, because calling people "crazy" when they are actually "crazy" is seen as insensitive and not PC. So, it's back to blaming these tragedies on an inactive object, the gun. I suppose if he had hopped in a large pick-up truck and drove down the sidewalk running people down, that the feds would IMMEDIATELY ban pick-up tru ..., Oh wait, they can't do that now since they OWN two car companies! ow INSANE is that! Anyway, now we know for a fact, the shooter was CRAZY in the first place. Who knew? I imagine the doctors who we're treating him didn't know either.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I guess my point is that he already created all of these executive actions, and they accomplished nothing. So now he is going to create another executive action that is the same as the executive action that he already made? Like I said he is just appeasing the anti gun crowd with these executive actions.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You could most definitely be right, but from some of the articles I have seen, it seems like they are splashing the mental health issues across the head lines.

I am not sure how good the gun control angle will work seeing at these involved, well one at least, are veterans. I got a feeling that in this instance, the mental health issue will add to their campaign of gun control.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Another interesting point you bring up beez? PTSD is apparently brought on by experiencing severe emotional trauma. So, except for those places on the Earth that have never experienced severe emotional trauma (The deep Amazon river basin is one place that comes to mind) Probably ever single person, with exception to those few statistical anomalies that always creep in, there are probably billions of people wandering around the planet with PTSD just because of what we angry monkey's do, day in, day out. I think if our species took a time out for a couple hundred years, and just played nice, we might produce an entire generation of humans that are relatively ree of PTSD related symptoms! It something to think about/pray for! It's worth a try I think.
It's not just about guns after all is it?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It should be a basic requirement of any politician proposing any actions, orders, regulations, bills, etc... to explain how imposing X will affect Y.

If they can't do that one simple task to validate their proposal then the proposal is dead.

I've had enough of the "we have to do something" and "if it could save just one" fantasy nonsense.

No more unicorns in government. A country cant be run on imaginary situations.

As a side note when can I start selling some mags at a 300% markup?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I don't usually do this, but I just gotta ....

"And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvelous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper until the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done." Daniel 11:36

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
There should be background checks for online sales and for gun shows. If I were to go into a gun store and buy a weapon I have to go through a background check so why shouldn't these other ways of obtaining weapons have the same rules.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

Yes fox news reported on the paranoia and voices in his head... Some of the things he has manifested and acted upon would seem rather off before this incidence...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was implied he was being treated at the V.A. and no doubt in my mind he was on some type of psychotropic drug regime if truly undergoing treatment. That will not be the focus though and nether will the base being a gun free zone (except for the few guards who can not be everywhere at once).... It will be all about the back burner agenda of removing the guns from the population so we can all be in a gun free zone... Cartels, gang bangers, and some government agencies can't wait IMO.... No doubt with all the ramping up of militarized police and a couple of billion rounds of ammo they are getting ready to protect us all if they can get the guns. Gotta love all the plan ahead plans..

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Not only PTSD, but he was online with video games hours at a time so they will need to control and monitor that also. What a crock...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join