It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, I need some information on my son, who has suddenly become very ill!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Hi, ATS...Im in need of some information, please.

My 22 year old son is very ill. He went to Florida with his gf to stay at her parents for about a year, and came back here in August. He was very thin and pale when he left, I chalked it up to not eating like he should.

After he came back here, he started deteriorating quickly. Not only does he weigh only 120 pounds at 5 foot 9..he has gotten to the point where his legs have wasted away and he cannot walk, his legs are rubbery and stiff as well. He's using a cane right now, but still falls over. He also cannot hold his urine at times and his bowels don't move as they should. We took him to ER, as we dont have insurance, and they did blood tests and said they were normal. Doc at ER says it was depression...I dont agree with that at all. I know depression can cause a lot of problems, but his legs are atrophied and he cannot walk anymore.

ER gave us a "coupon" of sorts to go to a GP for 25 dollars, so we went there yesterday. In the mean time, I did some extensive research of symptoms and came up with Guillain Barre syndrome..he actually has every symptom. I know we shouldnt "play" doctor, but this town is infamous for its shoddy doctors.
I mentioned this to the GP yesterday and he said it's def a possibility.. he checked his leg reflexes and when he hit the left knee, his leg almost kicked the doctor in the face! Anyway..they took another blood test yesterday and we are waiting on the results of that, and waiting on an appt with a neurologist.
The only other thing it could be, IMO, is Multiple Sclerorsis..although , Im sure there are other things that mimic it, since I havent had medical training, Im just going by research Ive done.

Im wondering if any of you have had loved ones , or someone you know, had something like this happened, and what was the diagnosis. Also..any natural treatments that we can start on our own.
We have him drinking Ensure and taking some multi vitamins right now, trying to put some weight on him..I'm just beside myself, seeing my young son wither away before my eyes and become crippled.

BTW, we dont have insurance and cannot afford it, he is unable to work and I am on disability myself. So, we arent able to go to another town and get good medical help. Im hoping someone might have some good information...thank you for reading

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I don't know where you live but I am in FL. I know how crappy their care is here esp when you have no insurance. My sister is going through that right now.

What she did find was a patients advocate thru the hospital. SHe kept going to the ER and they kept treating her like crap because she didn't have insurance. The doctors were really rude and made comments about her not having insurance. She found some patient advocate and now they represent her and she pays NOTHING for medical care. I don't know what she has but she can now get testing done and no worry about having insurance. You should look online and see if you have anything like that in the area. I also know someone else in my area who used a similar group via a church and it paid for his hip replacement surgery.

Hope you find out what is wrong with your son and he gets better.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
this sounds like a Canada problem....?
in other words, OP-
are u Canadian/working within the Canadian system?
edit on 17-9-2013 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Oh wow, I am so very sorry to hear this.
Apply for Medicaid for him immediately.
I guess the blood test they did ruled out HIV and Rheumatoid arthritis?

Call those folks in Florida and get as much information as you can. When did he start losing weight and deteriorating, what were his habits there? Any drug usage? What was his diet? Was he exposed to any toxic chemicals or fungi?

So sorry sweetie. My prayers and best thoughts with you and your son.

But Yummy, I do think the wisest thing to do will be trying to figure out how to get him in to see a good doctor.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you so much..i will look into that..btw..we're in MIssouri, but he was staying in Florida for awhile..
I will actually go up to the hospital today and ask about this..thanks so much

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

No..we live in Missouri..was just wondering if anyone else knew of someone with these symptoms.
thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Yes..doctor yesterday said they were doing a test for HIV..and I also suspect maybe something in Florida. He said he got ill last year. There was some kind of really nasty flu going around, similar to the H1N1. He also said they ate a LOT of pork while there..I know that might not seem like a big thing, but it also could be something...yes..Im def going around town trying to find out all the avenues we can take to get him some medical care..its not easy, as most people dont want to give information, or they treat you like a number..but thank you so much! We can use the prayers!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I looked up the symptoms for trichinosis (from eating undercooked pork), and he doesn't seem to have the symptoms for it, which include diarrhea, stomach cramps, fever, and muscle weakness.

Is there not a free clinic nearby?

A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia.

Trichinosis

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Go, see your son. Clap your hands together. Warm them with your friction and intent. Place your hands down on him. He is not sick, you can see this now. Ask him to look upon the world, do this for me?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Yes..he has had no fever..but severe constipation and leg weakness/atrophy..

There is no free clinic that I know of in this town..just one that goes by your income, which is still 25 dollars a visit. That is where we went recently.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

ok..i am willing to try anything at this point

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sorry to hear the bad news concerning your son.

I not sure if you've ever heard about this but, if your son is eating artificial sweeteners (especially diet soda) have him stop eating/drinking it immediately.

Artificial sweeteners have been known to cause MS like symptoms, so much so, that it has been misdiagnosed as MS. Just wanted to share this with you in case you were unaware of it. I hope your son gets better.
edit on 17-9-2013 by nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Sorry about your son , I have no idea what it could be , but here is something that is wonderful for these conditions :-

This doctor recommended, clinically tested silver solution has been successfully used in African, Asian, Indian and US hospitals and clinics to treat malaria, cholera, AIDS, flu, MRSA (methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus), hepatitis, respiratory infections (pneumonia, bronchitis), tuberculosis, gonorrhea, sinus infections, food poisoning, vaginitis, staph and strep infections, thrush, burns, wounds, skin, yeast and fungal infections, diaper rash ... and a long list of other microbial pathogens, including Yersinia pestis (bubonic plague).

lifesilver.com...

It might not be the cure but it will sure help get rid of any viruses in his system.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm glad we don't have that bother here in the UK. If someone went in like that they would have run a battery of tests until they found out what it was and started to treat it without insurance or anything like that. Never ceases to amaze me how a country like America can treat its people to virtually no health care unless they have insurance or very little if they don't have any. 25 dollars just to see a doctor? Crazy.....
Hope you find out what's wrong with him and get it treated soon though.....

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

First of all, is he eating? Can he eat? Does he have normal BM's?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Wow, I have no idea... but I do know that a lot of doctors do not give proper care to people they think are from bad backgrounds. For example, even though my parents are a doctor and a lawyer and I have graduated from high school and college and taken advanced classes,

I can get profiled and asked if I made it through my special education courses.
edit on 17-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I'm just going to brainstorm here........... Toss the good in with the unknown. I just know if it were my son I would be freaking out too.

Apply for Medicaid/disability.
Keep up the Ensure. I know it's expensive, but three a day is better than one. Also add a good vitamin regimen daily. Talk to him about even force-feeding himself if he has no appetite.

Hospital-hop. Find a town with a free clinic and drive to it.

Get that colon cleaned out! Trichinosis worms can be encapsulated by the body. They could be in there blocking, while dead. All that bacteria in the colon can be reabsorbed back into the system.

Can you start a mild physical therapy on his leg? Maybe a physical therapist will come by and suggest something. Some kind of exercise daily, even if he has to do it lying down.

Rule out toxins and poisoning, tick bites (Lymes), internal parasites,

: (

I know you've tried some of this stuff, and more. Just tossing it out there.

Yummy, if the co-pay at the clinic is a burden, I can help with that. PM me.

ETA: I think you can get a prescription for Ensure. Ask for one the next time you see a doctor.

edit on 9/17/2013 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Has he had a flu vaccination? It is very rare, but one of the side effects is triggering of the Guillain Barre Syndrome.

Some suggestions - look up "chinese parsley" ; it is great ridding off heavy metals from the body.

Vitamin C, if you can find it in sodium ascorbate, powder form is best. Dosage start slow, 500 mg and increasing up to 2000-3000 mg a day.

Magnesium and potassium as well in their recommended dosages respectively.

Unrefined, cold expeller-pressed virgin coconut oil, 1 tbs morning and one before sleep. Now VCO has many benefits, but in this case would help in gaining weight, since it "regulates" and balances thyroid gland function, "telling" the body to gain or lose weight, whichever the case may be. Also helps in digestive track.

Bee pollen - in granulated form. Even if your son is not allergic to bee products, start off slow, few granules of it, to make sure he is not allergic. Then increase to 1 teaspoon in the morning, then two, morning and night, then three, three times a day. This will give him energy and strength again.

I'd also take turmeric and ginger, for better function of joints and nerve repair respectively.

These are only suggestions. All can be found in a health food store.

Best of luck. Prayers go to your son and your family.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So sorry to hear about your son.....does he drink diet soda or use products that contain aspartame?

This is interesting to consider....Good Luck.....

www.fda.gov...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Check for HIV .. blood work for autoimmune (MS, LUPUS, ETC).
See a rheumatologist and a neurologist. That's where I'd start.
Hope the best for you .... I know what it's like not to be able to get DX'd.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join