It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sick of it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Sick of hearing the #ing slave trade #.

Sick of hearing the #ing white people are the only discriminated race #.

Sick of hearing that white is a dying race #.

Sick of hearing White & Black thrown around like its a #ing nationality.

Sick of hearing total #ing bull#.

I come to ATS to escape the bull# manipulation of mass media, I don't need to come here and get an even heavier dose.

I once loved you ATS - now you're nothing but a popular subject hub, a website that allows discussion about current events which 99% of the time don't even give an alternative to the mainstream medias story.

You have lost allot of good members over the years due to the flood of ignorant people you have allowed to flood your boards. Rail this # in or you will loose more.

Nobody's saying we can't talk about race, we can't ignore that there is still a huge problem with peoples attitude toward different races. But most of the stuff posted here is not constructive, in fact its just blatantly racist.

Come along troll and tell me not to read the threads that annoy me - Yes there's that option if I didn't care about anybody else or these boards I'v visited since I was a young teen. I don't want ATS to go this way, the current thread trend and user base of ATS is just a shadow of what it used to be. Something seriously needs to be done.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

You're right, politics is interesting but that's all it seems to be recently. Or copy paste from BBC, etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yes, the racism is the one thing that puts me off this website the most. And then the whitemansplaining that goes on to justify it. It's pretty depressing. For a site that is supposed to be about 'denying ignorance', there sure does seem to be a whole lot of ignorance around.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

n00bUK
Something seriously needs to be done.

Something like this?

China Broadcasts 'Confession' of Chinese-American Blogger

Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

edit on 17-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

greencmp

n00bUK
Something seriously needs to be done.

Something like this?

China Broadcasts 'Confession' of Chinese-American Blogger

Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

edit on 17-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

No, nothing like that buddy.

I'm just asking for the mods to close threads that are not constructive - ones like "Why can't whites have their own country" # like that.

Nothing to do with government, just these boards and how they're modded.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

just these boards and how they're modded.

Over the years I've gotten the feeling that TPTB at ATS encourage and defend people to help grow controversy to create more page views. Griping about them will get you 404'ed interpreted as "attacking members"

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

That thread was closed once the mods were aware of it. So I think they earned their pay. This thread isn't going to fare any better if it doesn't stay on the narrow line, and off of race.

I hear ya though. It gets quite annoying seeing that kind of thing on here.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

No, nothing like that buddy.

Cool, I personally don't like to hear that stuff but, if it is what is on someone's mind and it isn't violent or truly harmful, as a supporter of the 1st amendment I have to not only tolerate but support it.

In that case, he was not being harmful or violent, just wrong. The thread became ugly but not because of the OP. I took it as an opportunity to point out that his logic was flawed by posing a hypothetically consistent question for him, "why can't asians have their own country?"

I could not have said that to him had he not made the thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I too have noticed the decline in quality threads. Meh...

Before I'd have a bunch of tabs open to read on some interesting topics. Time slips, paranormal, philosophy...( I gave up on the UFO forum)

Now I may find two interesting topics a day, rest is crap. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

PurpleVortex
I too have noticed the decline in quality threads. Meh...

Before I'd have a bunch of tabs open to read on some interesting topics. Time slips, paranormal, philosophy...( I gave up on the UFO forum)

Now I may find two interesting topics a day, rest is crap. Seriously.

exactly my point my friend.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

You know when I get sick of everything...and this is no joke...I dance out my frustrations

And it helps. Everyone has rhythm within

I know ATS has changed a lot. I just really try to ignore the 'bs' and look for the real. I also tend to stay in the happy areas

Hope you have a better evening after you dance it out!!!!

Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

top topics

join