It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little back history of Aaron Alexis... Drugs? PTSD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Speculation is growing that his dismissal from the U.S. Navy for 'misconduct' in January 2011 may have inspired him to commit the deadly revenge.

In 2004, he was arrested in Seattle for shooting the tires of a construction worker's car during what he later called an anger-fueled 'blackout.'

Then, he was arrested for discharging a firearm when his neighbor reported that he fired a shot into her apartment. At the time, Alexis claimed that his hand slipped when he was cleaning his gun while cooking at the same time, and that he accidentally fired the weapon.

New reports also claim that Alexis was arrested for a second time in DeKalb county, Georgia and spent two nights in jail over a disorderly conduct charge but no further details have been released about that incident.

The shooter: Aaron Alexis is believed to have brought a shotgun with him on Monday and picked up the other two weapons over the course of his shooting spree at the government facility

www.dailymail.co.uk... t-military-2011-previous-gun-charge.html

I can only assume if I had discharge a weapon at some construction workers vehicle I would not have ever been able to own a firearm again... Speculation on my part however I do not plan on testing the system to find out....

Just some of the latest back ground info being reported. The Naval yard was a gun free zone except for a few anointed guards....Obviously this incident and the gun free zone at Ft. Hood did not stop either of the shooters. Gun bans work if you want easy targets and victims...

It has been reported he was discharged from the U.S. Navy because of an arrest for firing his own gun in 2010; a similar incident occurred in 2004

edit on 17-9-2013 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I wonder what kind of "national system" the federal government is going to try to set up next to make sure that all contractors and their subcontractors are fully screened before performing a job on a military base?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I saw on CNN where a friend of his suspected that he put sugar in their gas tank but never followed up on it. If this guy was doing IT work for the government, the thought occurred to me that, could he possibly have done anything malicious to any systems?? There was something very wrong here and it's so sad that the flags only make sense after the fact.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Deetermined
reply to post by 727Sky

I wonder what kind of "national system" the federal government is going to try to set up next to make sure that all contractors and their subcontractors are fully screened before performing a job on a military base?

Anyone who has ever gone through a background check can attest they are very complete and well vetted.
Whatever they do now, I doubt it will be effective. The big back burner gun control issue will be front and center because that is what they (TPTB) are interested in...regardless of what their mouth says

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I'm pretty sure most contractors have to go through some rigorous screening, some more than others. Coming from personal experience, I had to get a security clearance that required a deep background check performed by the Department of Defense and I only installed communications/networking equipment on a few government or government contracted company sites.

What is most alarming to me is his past incidents with firearms. After shooting out someone's tires he should have lost his ability to legally own guns. That's an aggravated crime. Secondly, why the hell would he have a gun loaded that he was CLEANING!?

The failure of our law enforcement and court system can take some blame for this. Even if the guns were bought second hand, this guy should have been flagged as potentially unstable and he never should have had access to a government facility...

edit on 17-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Just saw a Fox News report that said he was under treatment for hearing voices and paranoia ! Treatment no doubt means psychotropic drugs to me.... Also if he was being treated by the Veterans Admin what does that say about their treatment plan? Terrible outcome regardless.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I wonder if this gonna seal the casket so to speak for veterans and firearms, ie try to take em away from us...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Even if the guns were bought second hand, this guy should have been flagged as potentially unstable and he never should have had access to a government facility...

That's what I don't understand. You would think that someone would have known that he was being treated for mental illness by the Veterans Administration in August. The truth is, there are probably so many people being treated for such issues, there's just no way to weed through them all.

U.S. law enforcement officials are telling The Associated Press that Alexis had been suffering a host of serious mental issues, including paranoia and a sleep disorder. He also had been hearing voices in his head, the officials said.

Alexis had been treated since August by the Veterans Administration for his mental problems, the officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the criminal investigation in the case was continuing. The Navy had not declared him mentally unfit, which would have rescinded a security clearance that Alexis had from his earlier time in the Navy Reserves.

washington.cbslocal.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well, I know from first hand experience, the VA pushs head meds. Which did have a worsening detrimental effect on my cognitive abilities. When I said, no more drugging me, I was made appt. after appt. With the psychiatrist to convince me to try a diiferent head med. It has gotten now to the point where I only see my therapist and do not see the psyche doc, because the pshce docs only function is to prescribe meds. Why do I need to see her if I don't WISH to be high on psychotropic drugs everyday?

I find it very telling this shooting and the Sandy Hook and Theater shooter were all on psychotropic drugs. They are a danger to society, the drugs themselves. Yet, there is too much money to be made getting people pharmeceutically high. So I wouldn't expect a connection being made between the head drugs being handed out like candy to the public, and the strange violent behaviour erupting in society. They will find another reason to focus on why. Wouldn't want to disturb the markets.

CdT

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
only the victims families and friends care...the rest of us will wring our hands, the media will be on this for a few days, and then it will fade into the backround. America is one of the mot violent societies in the world, politicians will make proclamations, talking heads will lament endlessly, serious discussions will insue, until the budget battle, and the debt debate starts to take over the next news cycle.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
And he was issued 'secret clearance' and was issued an access card.

He was a government contractor employee.

So much for 'security'.

Perhaps he was 'set up' ?

Do we know with absolute certainty he was actually the 'shooter' ?

edit on Sep-17-2013 by xuenchen because:

top topics

join