It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Really a Rant, More Like a Sigh. Where Is My Family?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

gouhua、ありがとうございます!私はあまりそれを楽しんで!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You da man!

Now somebody better post on my wall when it's up & running. 'Cause no one ever did.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

new_here
reply to post by guohua

My new friend,,, that looks Japanese

My wife is Chinese, her primary language is Mandarin.

This is what you wrote translated to simple Chinese, 如果你找到一個最喜歡的食物,我是吃過柏卡在年底

You might get a rough English translation to be something like: Love - How to know each other like you?

The three languages really don't come together real well in meanings. Especially Chinese.
Chinese characters number in the tens of thousands, though most of them are minor. Functional literacy in written Chinese requires a knowledge of between three and four thousand characters.
Sorry,,, Off Topic

Sorry, no one wants to hear about that.
Thank You new_here
edit on 18-9-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

My wall just came back. It was empty anyway and I still can't post to it yet. Friends list is back too.

ETA Just read the other thread. Never mind.

edit on 19-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I just seen mine and It Is GREAT!!!!
Thank You So very Much.
You did a Wonderful Job, I am Very Impressed

I know my husband will be Impressed also.
Thank You For All Your hard Work and Care

guohua

ETA, Looks Great Big Man, Job Well Done, All I can add is:

edit on 19-9-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

LOL, Never quite sure if I am speaking with the Mr. or Mrs. guohua. Love you both though!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I don't like change either. You get sentimental about a site you're used to much like a physical site. You spent time there, you met special people and have fond memories (and not so fond ones lol.)

I really hope that ATS doesn't lose sight of The Community like websites such as YouTube have. Without it, the center doesn't hold. It's not the graphics, style, marketing or Google search results which build a good forum. Trust me, I know from personal experience. It comes from a strong community, be it a small one or a large one like ATS. It's that group of people who are here and involved because they care, not because they happened across the site and are temporarily interested, are posting about an issue that matters to them and then they're gone or because they are here to troll, mock, fool around, lose interest and bye-bye. The core, the center that holds any social site together is its Community.

You guys rock. The Community. That includes the owners and moderators too; in so much that they are a true part of the spirit of the site. YouTube has fragmented its community on purpose. I'm sure that ATS would never do that on purpose and am hopeful that they won't do it accidentally.

The future is birthed by the seeds we plant today. Be sure that we are growing a garden and not a conservatory, if you catch my meaning.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord
The Social Wall is back:
The return of the "Social Wall" to ATS.5/3 -- But revamped with more.
Dude!!! Not only did you listen to your whining minions-- you stayed up all night building each of us a wall, brick by brick undoubtedly! What's more, you put a scary eye-moving man on mine- first wall-post ever! Have I told you lately that I love you?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

guohua

new_here
reply to post by guohua

My new friend,,, that looks Japanese

My wife is Chinese, her primary language is Mandarin.

This is what you wrote translated to simple Chinese, 如果你找到一個最喜歡的食物,我是吃過柏卡在年底

Dear Mr. and/or Mrs. guohua,
Oopsy-Daisy... I was trying to be clever and thank you for the video you posted. I looked up the group and thought it said they came from Japan. But maybe they just performed there! What I was trying to say was something along the lines of "Thank you I loved it very much!" or some such...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Hello dear friend. Miss you. I don't come by much any more but I miss my friends too.

Take care, sofi

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'll use this thread, I'd like to give a Heads-up to my friends.
It looks like you have to actually go to your Message center and check your inbox for messages.
I had a message from a new friend and didn't kn ow it, I see any notice from ATS that I had a message.
Maybe my Old Eyes just over looked it.

Thank You new_here, I believe in Fairies mush like I believe in Elf's and the Spirit of My Ancestors and of-course, I believe in the Sleeping Dragon, Without the good Elf's and Fairies and other Forest and Earthly inhabitants, the humans would have a very boring time,,, don't you agree

@ My friend Night Star my favorite Elf, you have a message and a wall post

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Charles, looks like you got your friends and wall back thanks to SO and much hard work. I wish you well and hope that you are happy with it. I was going to try to make the party but I got stuck at Uncle Still's Hill on the Bill when a bunch of drunken Dwarves stole my Jeep and went joy riding for cute Gnomes. BTW, don't try the number 47 special if you stop or you could wind up like me.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

hoagy1199

Charles, looks like you got your friends and wall back thanks to SO and much hard work. I wish you well and hope that you are happy with it. I was going to try to make the party but I got stuck at Uncle Still's Hill on the Bill when a bunch of drunken Dwarves stole my Jeep and went joy riding for cute Gnomes. BTW, don't try the number 47 special if you stop or you could wind up like me.
OMG I am sooo sorry-- I saw it wedged in the top of a live oak (and I do mean LIVE-- enchanted forest, ya know) and I don't know who was prouder... that silly tree struttin' around on it's root-legs wearin' a car-hat, or the drunken dwarves clambering all over it and flingin' each other to the ground in a rowdy game of King of the Hill-Car. Not sure you'll even want it back at this point- I mean totaled doesn't BEGIN to describe it! Rearranged would be a better word. Does your insurance cover Dwarven damage? I'd help you out if I could, honest I would... I just ain't got near enough Faerie Dust to make a dent in it (or un-dent, as it were.)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am so glad the wall is back and to all my friends I look forward to spending time chatting under the ATS tree. You all look great!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I think that reply was the high point of my day. Thanks for that. Now I can try to solve a few other problems that are going on with a smile on my face.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

hoagy1199

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I think that reply was the high point of my day. Thanks for that. Now I can try to solve a few other problems that are going on with a smile on my face.
You're welcome! --If I did nothing else besides give you a reason to belly laugh and carry around a smile, I'll count it a productive day! It made me happy to add to your HAHA-- so there, we're even.

Disturbing Developments: They've turned it into a tree- house (car?) complete with tire swings (yes four of them) a door hinge & fender catapult mounted on top, and a tail pipe potato shooter (of which you NEVER want to be in the sights of, should get the silly notion to come reclaim your... used-to-be-a-jeep.) This is literally a walking disaster.

Just, just... so sorry...

edit on 9/20/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best stay away from that area I say.

I just swooped in with my favorite dragon to take a look and...it's bad, really bad. Pesky little buggers always were a defiant group.

So I shall continue on beneath the golden orb of night and head home into the tall trees with the tiny magical lights and call it a night. Sleep well my friends.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Night Star

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best stay away from that area I say.

I just swooped in with my favorite dragon to take a look and...it's bad, really bad. Pesky little buggers always were a defiant group.

So I shall continue on beneath the golden orb of night and head home into the tall trees with the tiny magical lights and call it a night. Sleep well my friends.

Folks, stop by
The Enchanted Forest if time permits and help us locate the Budweiser truck hijacked by a band of wayward Dwarves!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join