It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Really a Rant, More Like a Sigh. Where Is My Family?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Dear guohua,

Thanks a lot for the videos, I'll watch them more than once. Very kind of you.

BUT:

See, there's no reason to be down and depressed, Stick with me youngster

Youngster? YOUNGSTER???? Who you callin' Youngster?? I'l have you know I've seen 60 come and go. You're probably one of those whippersnappers that are just jealous of my advanced years.

And you're goin' to CHINA? I'll bet they have respect for the elderly over there, not like those American kids that make fun of me just because I use a cane and oxygen, and don't have any teeth or hair. True, I have to sit down and wheeze every two or three minutes, but what's wrong with that?

I tell ya, I don't get no respect. (Copyright Rodney Dangerfield)

(Please tell me that you knew I was joking. I have teeth. (More joking. (Hey, look at that, nested parentheses, how cool is that?)))

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Dear spatacus699,

Thank you for the wise comments. They are very applicable. To most people, in most times.

I don't want to get maudlin, but my memories are important to me. I've gone through an event that took away a lot of my memories. Some bad ones are gone, some good ones. Some old memories are gone, so are some of the recent ones. I'm grateful to have memories available some place other than my head.

Remember? An unexamined life is not worth living? My memories help me examine my life. Those I have helped, or hurt. Where I have gone wrong or right. Very few people can help me with the important memories.

And connections to people now? That's another tricky situation. Just believe me when I say the ATS family is meaningful to me.

Thank you very much for sharing your wisdom with me. You've got a good heart, and I hope to see a lot of you in the threads.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

And you're goin' to CHINA?

My wife is Chinese, if we still had our profiles you'd know that and Yes, I'm long past 60 and Yes, they Respect their Elders to the point of having them live with them.
I'm glad you enjoyed the videos and it sounds like you're a little happier,,,

I've noticed that some of my friends have not actually posted, I think their lurking, I find the gray and green bothersome and I can't look at the screen a long time. Even though the eyes are old.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

new_here
reply to post by Night Star

Hello, my long-lost sister-elf, Night Star!!!
And Charles... I think you were on my friends list. You should have been if you weren't. Can we be friends?

My beautiful little fairie friend! How I have missed you! You were definetly on my friends list. I see some of my friends here in this thread so I'll have to hold onto this thread to keep track of them.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Please send me a Google map of your nearest enchanted forest, and I'll see what I can do. The butterflies won't be a problem, I have several dozen trained from the cocoon. The problem's going to be the rainbow. At twilight? Do the laws of Physics allow that? Would you be satisfied with a bunch of glow-sticks?

In the enchanted forest we have magik, so the rainbow will already be there. It's quite lovely at twilight actually. I'm sending one of our dragons with the directions as you will not find it on google maps or any other map in your realm. My faery friend and I shall be waiting.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
...for delight and sorrow to wash away like a purge,
to empty the filled,
to fill the emptied...
to flesh the scaffolded edifice anew...

Good hearts should never feel lonely.

with love & respect,

Å99

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by new_here

I may give you the job of watching to make sure I never say anything hateful.
I accept the job! I will sprinkle fairy dust on any hateful posts I find and transform them into a basket of kittens.

Do not let my mother know that you called me Charlie. I don't care, but if she ever buys a computer, gets on the internet, joins ATS, and sees that post, she'll blister your wings at a distance.
Ouch! Dear Charlie's Charles's Mom... if you jump thru all those hoops and somehow find this thread, please note that at this moment on, I am a reformed fairy- a most contrite fairy, who would appreciate if you would put down that blow-torch...

Yes I am married but I am a natural-born hugger, so we have a conundrum on our hands (arms?)
Well, I don't know. Don't let your husband see this. [( HUG)] If you don't tell anybody, I won't.
Thanks for the [(HUG)] ...who could possibly know? It's not like the whole world can see this... Oh wait...

Please send me a Google map of your nearest enchanted forest, and I'll see what I can do. The butterflies won't be a problem, I have several dozen trained from the cocoon. The problem's going to be the rainbow. At twilight? Do the laws of Physics allow that? Would you be satisfied with a bunch of glow-sticks?
Not on Google maps, sorry. It's a Secret enchanted forest. (Every time the Google car comes by, a pack of dwarfs car-jack it, and the elves built an invisible dome of concealment against the satellites... just ask Night Star.) But it's really easy to find. When you get to SC, just turn left at the first cow on your right, go past two cotton fields and turn left at the banjo player with 3 teeth. You can't miss it! Glow sticks will be cool- can't wait to see how you get them to stay up there!!!

I'm going to miss the vampires, though. (I have two tuxes, and it's nice to get out for a formal occasion) But for you? I'll do it.
Oh do wear your tux- just keep your fangs to yourself.

Don't be late now!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Night Star

new_here

Hello, my long-lost sister-elf, Night Star!!!
And Charles... I think you were on my friends list. You should have been if you weren't. Can we be friends?

My beautiful little fairie friend! How I have missed you! You were definetly on my friends list. I see some of my friends here in this thread so I'll have to hold onto this thread to keep track of them.

Indeed! Maybe Charlie Charles will let us throw a party here and invite all our friends!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

(Please tell me that you knew I was joking. I have teeth. (More joking. (Hey, look at that, nested parentheses, how cool is that?)))

Hahaha... You must write computer code. If you don't, you should-- nested brackets galore, so you're a natural!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Night Star

In the enchanted forest we have magik, so the rainbow will already be there. It's quite lovely at twilight actually. I'm sending one of our dragons with the directions as you will not find it on google maps or any other map in your realm. My faery friend and I shall be waiting.

How kind of you, Night Star... I'm afraid my directions might get him lost. I forgot about the right turn at Uncle Bill's Still on the Hill-- you know, where the dwarves get plastered every Friday night...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here and NightStar

Dear gentle, magical creatures,

You're enchanted forest party sounds like something worth waiting a lifetime for. Many years ago I decided that reality was not living up to expectations, and had to be replaced. Unfortunately, it keeps hanging around trying to get rehired. It refuses to take "Get Lost!" for a final answer.

One of my greatest wishes is to have the means to travel around the country to visit people like you, grimpachi, bigfatfurrytexan, and all the others who've offered invitations.

Oh, thanks for telling me about Uncle Bill's. I always wondered where dwarves, elves, and various magical creatures went to get plastered. I was thinking about that a couple of days ago when, looking through a lawn and garden shop, I saw the lawn ornaments. Now I know where plastered elves and fairies come from.

I hope they weren't relatives.

You're right about holding on to this thread. Of course, I will too. It would be nice if every ATSer stopped by to refresh acquaintances and friendships.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It would be nice if every ATSer stopped by to refresh acquaintances and friendships.

Howdy!!

Just stopping in for a wave before work...

*waves and offers a handshake* Madcat...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I always wondered where dwarves, elves, and various magical creatures went to get plastered. I was thinking about that a couple of days ago when, looking through a lawn and garden shop, I saw the lawn ornaments. Now I know where plastered elves and fairies come from.

I hope they weren't relatives.

HAHAHAHA!!! Excuse me while I get something to clean the spewed coffee off my computer screen...

Oh lookie, the Cheshire Cat... Howdy Akragon!
edit on 9/18/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Making good progress on the revamped "Social Wall" for ATS.5/3. Here's a sneak peak...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank You Sir, that looks really Cool!

Thanks again for listen.
That does look Great and I hope our friends list will reappear, but we can't have everything now can we.

Thanks Again.
edit on 18-9-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Dear SkepticOverlord,

Thank you very much for your efforts, they are appreciated.

What I'm learning from this tiny thread, tucked in an obscure corner of ATS, is that there is a current of friendship and caring among some of the members. This thread is becoming a place where we can get together, smile, and encourage each other for the struggles to come in our lives and here.

It's this feeling that I was hoping somehow to preserve. Anything you can do to nurture that is gratefully accepted. Yes, I suppose ATS has to move with the times, but it also has to keep its heart, its family.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Oh Thank you kind sir!!!!!!!!!!! It means a lot to so many of us here. We love our ATS family!!!!

edit on 18-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hi Night Star,,, How are you,,, still sprinkling your Fairy Dust of Happiness I hear.
That's GREAT!

See you soon in our friends list again Sweet Heart

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

This is for My Fairy Friend Night Star and new_here.
I can just see Fairies dancing in the woods, that of-course would be a Miracle.

The name of this song translated to English, Miracle

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

guohua

Hi Night Star,,, How are you,,, still sprinkling your Fairy Dust of Happiness I hear.
That's GREAT!

See you soon in our friends list again Sweet Heart

new_here sprinkles the faery dust. I'm an elf. LOL

Always love your videos!! So many talented and lovely young ladies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join