It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Russia to reopen Soviet-era Arctic military base

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by MrSpad

If the russian military is such crap, and they can still sneak into the middle of US naval exercises and make the US navy look like idiots..... Well what would they look like at the peak of their game?
edit on Tue, 17 Sep 2013 00:04:13 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Umm That was the CHINESE that did that,and the Naval men let them do that as a excuse to get more funding. NO commanders were relieved of duty or punished for the break in security. Is that not strange?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not to worry! Canada is developing stealth snow mobiles! No wait... stop laughing and hear me out! We got this!

Stealth Snowmobiles

When the Russians come calling with their nuclear subs, we'll... well... be really really quiet! I'm sure we have contingency plans. Maybe arming polar bears with fricken laser beams on their heads? Either way: Your northern ally stands prepared!

Better yet, call up Dr. Evil and order up some sharks with "frickin laser beams attached to their heads!"
The "Commies" subs won't stand a chance.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Hmmmm, you may be right..... I could have sworn I seen a story about two years ago about a russian sub doing it, but now, all my searches are only bringing up an incident from a chinese sub in 2007..... Either the russian story was scrubbed, or I don't know what else could have happened. Weird.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Russians are less subtle. They just come right out and give us the raspberries in our own back yard.

Russia probes US military defenses: submarine in the Gulf

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

All an attempt to make Russia greater in the eyes of the World and at home.

Russia's Defense Ministry at the weekend hailed the arrival of a Russian naval task force on the island where the base will be located--the New Siberian Islands--as "the return of Russian military presence to the Arctic."

Nothing like scoring a few more buckets after the Syria win Putin had.
edit on 20-9-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by MrSpad

If the russian military is such crap, and they can still sneak into the middle of US naval exercises and make the US navy look like idiots..... Well what would they look like at the peak of their game?
wrong communist country lol that was china that had a sub pop up near a carrier

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

blackz28

TKDRL
reply to post by MrSpad

wrong communist country lol that was china that had a sub pop up near a carrier

Using Russian Teck. he means,,,

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Which the chinese claim as theirs so we dont really know who is telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

The S-500. Oh goody. Whatever they spend to make it, we'll spend 100x's that much for one friggin plane capable of getting past it. I can hardly wait. The Cold War is back.

As a side note.

dont you think if this train of thought continues in the USA it will be it downfall?

Enemy makes or does something so make something 100x more complicated and more expensive to counter it.

Look at vietnam , Iraq and Afgainistan? All that money and tec doesnt seem to have made them any more easier.

Look at the war on terror? A rag tag band few hundred Islamic nutz get lucky and take down 2 building and now you have a multi hundred billion doller survaliance and police state, a popultaion in still in fear than die in a terror and a shredding of rights your people hold dear.
I would say Al Queda scored a victory there for the USA to pill in so much resources to prevent something that less likley to kill you than lightning.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Ok, so they reopen their base and the first thing they do is reactivate their two nuclear subs and then pull an Israeli-style commando raid on Greenpeace and haul them off the ship to that base. The ship was then steered to Murmansk with two crew members hiding in a locked radio room. story here

The northern Canadian port of Churchill, regardless of melting permafrost and ensuing sinking muddy roads was the object of lotsa lotsa government money. It also happens to be the last stop on the south to north direct highway of the North American Union. Yes, the grand announcement of a few years back is becoming or has become reality. (Please don't ask me for the various links to this, as I'm feeling ready to fall asleep)

There is a lot of oil and gas exploration going on up there at the moment. It will be interesting to see what further develops on this new trade route. With tongue in cheek I wonder if Churchillians can see Russia from their port? OK , I'm slapping the back of my hand. I'm off to bed. Nite all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join