It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'He doesn't juggle. He doesn't twist balloons into animal shapes. He just stares': Who is the cr

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I saw this reported on CNN last night... Oh gawdd

I think the OP has highlighted some good points. In every report I have seen pertaining to this clown, some details have changed or been exaggerated, while some remain fairly consistent.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Well this clown is on Facebook, and he says that he has a big suprise coming at the end of the week.

So I suppose it could be a big deal, depending on what he has in store...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Why are so many people afraid of clowns?
Did television and movies mess you up that bad or is it some kind of inside joke?

I see a guy in a clown suit. Not a clown.

Just seems like ridiculous paranoia.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

yourmaker

I see a guy in a clown suit. Not a clown

You do know what a clown is right?

edit on 18-9-2013 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I've always wondered if a person put their mind to it what kind of things they could prank. I think there's a lot you could prank. You could really scare people if you tried.

Long as you don't break any laws doing it.
edit on 18-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

DAZ21
reply to post by Realtruth

Well this clown is on Facebook, and he says that he has a big suprise coming at the end of the week.

So I suppose it could be a big deal, depending on what he has in store...

What I find interesting is the fact that people get so excited about some nobody clown, yet we have so many people that are oblivious to the real clowns in our world. Our current leaders and current way of life is what we should be aware of, not a guy in a suit and mask screaming for attention.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

DAZ21

yourmaker

I see a guy in a clown suit. Not a clown

You do know what a clown is right?

edit on 18-9-2013 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

Its a man in a clown suit right?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

I was thinking the same thing, I read the book before seen the movie, it was some spooky story, the book was way better.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've had this fear of clowns since I was really little. When I was 5, I punched one at a friends party according to my mom (I don't remember it). To this day, I'm creeped out by them and won't take my daughter to parties with them or the circus (My wife is well aware and volunteers to do this). It's completely irrational but it is what it is.

That said, this guy is completely harmless. Unless he does something unlawful they should just let it be.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

If I, or a family member got nightmares from him, I would have to go and stand outside his house and stare at him, maybe even get a lawn chair, cooler and solar charger usb deal and pop on my mobile wifi hotspot an netflix but make sure I stare at him eveytime he comes by, never talking to him, only staring, might do this in my boxers and a moo moo, or a rabbit suit, still undecided.

But honestly it's a dude in a clown suit, we live in America remember? Let freedom ring!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

yourmaker
Why are so many people afraid of clowns?
Did television and movies mess you up that bad or is it some kind of inside joke?

A generation that grew up with 'It' by Stephen King.

And Tim Curry as Pennywise. Blame him. It's his fault.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I'm 41 and hated clowns since a kid. Definitely not "It"

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Apparently the Clown did an interview....at first i found it rather funny...he says he was pranking people...
North Hampton Chronicle

In an exclusive interview with the Northampton Chronicle & Echo, the Clown said he could understand why people had been “extremely frightened” by him but he insisted his exploits were intended in good humour.

The clown, who wants to keep his real identity anonymous, said: “I just wanted to amuse people.

“Most people enjoy being a bit freaked out and then they can laugh about it afterwards.

“It’s like watching a horror movie, when people get scared they usually start laughing.

“Naturally, some people would have been extremely frightened by what they saw, but I hope many are starting to see it as a bit of harmless fun.”

The Northampton Clown said he was “absolutely amazed” by the reaction to his appearances in the town and was pleased that he had got so many people talking about Northampton.

Then i read this, and started to wonder a little....it is still funny but this makes it a little more questionable...

When did you start dressing up as a clown?

In 1715, when i first realised many people in the world were afraid of clowns.

What was your intention when you first started being pictured in the clown suit?

I just wanted to amuse people. Most people enjoy being a bit freaked out which they can then laugh about after. It’s like watching a horror movie, when people get scared they usually start laughing. Naturally some people would have been extremely frightened by what they saw but i hope many are starting to see it as a bit of harmless fun.

Are you scared to go out in Northampton now?

No, but it’s proving more difficult to keep my identity a secret.

How old are you?

298, and I awake every 30 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join