It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON and the Ten Plagues of Egypt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Extremely interesting post! Well written and put forward! S&F for you!

I've read about the comets you speak of and the connections to plagues etc.... it's certainly interesting. And in my opinion it certainly has merit. I mean, it would make sense right? If a comet was large enough or had a large enough tail to sweep past earth, we are essentially getting alien debris that humans know nothing about. I guess it's logical to think that could damage us humans.

A fascinating and quite scary theory.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I must say, I work at a call center for a certain phone manufacturer ...not saying names, My day consists of 20%coffee, 80% ATS, And this thread was a mindF*#@&, very very interesting to ponder, thanks for the input!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I must say, I work at a call center for a certain phone manufacturer ...not saying names, My day consists of 20%coffee, 80% ATS, And this thread was a mindF*#@&, very very interesting to ponder, thanks for the input!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That's some great conspiracy stuff. Excellent conspiracy thread.

That being said .. I think Ison is too far away to do anything to us AND it's not going to be nearly as spectacular as they were hyping it up to be. So it may end up being a dud ... (which, in apocolyptic terms, is fine by me)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Excellent thread!!!! Kudos to you Rez!

From what I understand about space, it is filled with living organisms.

Comets carry these organisms (building blocks of life) and if I am not mistaken we are to pass through the tail of the comet. The comet comes sooo close that I for one will not be surprised if it indeed brings a deadly pandemic with it.

"They" say it has happened in our past.

There are Paleontologists who believe from their studies comets and the like carry diseases and viruses (living organsism) which in turn travels through our atmosphere. It could come from the dust in the tail... no doubt. The dust itself has bacterial cells and signs of life all in it!! I dont think people really understand the biology of a comet.

I guess we will see what happens, if anything, sooner than later.

Hopefully we will be able to see it with the naked eye and it doesn't get off course and slam into us. My main concern is that which I mentioned above.

Panspermia, if correct means we came from seeds brought forth from comet/comets.

en.wikipedia.org...

As far as the ten plagues of Egypt... who knows. I don't doubt the theory... it remains on the fence.

The 1918 Flu Pandemic some say was caused by Haley's Comet.
journalofcosmology.com...
edit on 20-9-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I found this interesting from your link about the 1918 flu pandemic. Even the ancient Chinese cultures associate plagues, wars and and animal die-offs with comets

Ancient Chinese astronomers chronicled numerous episodes where the apparition of comets preceded plague and disaster. Meticulous observations were compiled in 300 BC in a series of books known as the "Mawangdui Silk" (Ling-feng 1976) It details 29 different cometary forms and the various disasters associated with them, dating as far back as 1500 B.C: "Comets are vile stars. Every time they appear in the south, they wipe out the old and establish the new. Fish grow sick, crops fail, Emperors and common people die, and men go to war. The people hate life and don't even want to speak of it." -Li Ch'un Feng, Director, Chinese Imperial Astronomical Bureau, (648, A.D).

That's a good article you've posted with a lot of information about whether viruses may accompany these comets. It ties in the possibility of many plagues throughout history with passing comets.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I wonder if by "in the South" they mean south of china, coming from the Southern Hemisphere or seen in the southern hempisphere?

We had a beautiful green comet fly by last night (Friday 20th September) at about 10.30pm that was seen from Sydney to Brisbane (approx 950kms), moving north.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is definitely one of the most interesting threads I've seen on this site and sadly it looks like it's dying down now. Hope more people have input on it I've been following it for a couple days now.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Just looked up a lot about comets on Wikipedia.

List of epidemics
This show the epidemics there are a lot of them.

List of periodic comets
Didn't know there where so many comets and here are some Non-periodic to look at to.

Here something cool Comet vintages are years during which an astronomical event, happen before harvesting wine that attributed successful wine making.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

For seven days and seven nights
Man will watch this awesome sight.
The tides will rise beyond their ken
To bite away the shores and then

A fiery dragon will cross the sky
Six times before this earth shall die
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the sixth heralds in this prophecy.

The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

you could be onto something MamaJ, love the name btw as i call my wife the same thing. it is a well known scientific fact that viral and fungal spores and Archaea are among the most hardy life forms we know of and could easily survive inside a comet, a comet break and entry through our atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

"For several days around January 12, 2014, Earth will pass through a stream of fine-grained debris from Comet ISON," says Wiegert. "The resulting shower could have some interesting properties.
Auroras Underfoot (signup)
According to Wiegert's computer models, the debris stream is populated with extremely tiny grains of dust, no more than a few microns wide, pushed toward Earth by the gentle radiation pressure of the sun. They will be hitting at a speed of 56 km/s or 125,000 mph. Because the particles are so small, Earth’s upper atmosphere will rapidly slow them to a stop.
"Instead of burning up in a flash of light, they will drift gently down to the Earth below," he says.
Don’t expect to notice. The invisible rain of comet dust, if it occurs, would be very slow. It can take months or even years for fine dust to settle out of the high atmosphere.

science.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join