It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON and the Ten Plagues of Egypt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

antar
Was actually looking for the thread I replied in this morning about the comet, this I think needs to be brought to the forum for further thoughts and discussions as we approach the finalization of Government preps such as the MREs, Military training exercises and FEMA region III plans for flooding , to name just a couple of the synchronicity surrounding the Oct. 1st date. On the other thread it was brought up that HAARP has been shut down and what the reasons for that might be. I think the link below is also telling when considering why we are being pushed to be at ready.

www.npr.org...

****This is not a hit and run post even though this is not the intended thread, I have a DR appointment and will be back.
edit on 17-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

Whoa..that's interesting. Thanks for posting this info. Glad you came to the wrong thread

It is interesting to note all the preparations the government is taking. Also, consider the huge drill they are going to do in November as if the entire electrical grid went down.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

At least the governments of the world have built those gigantic underground cities for us all to escape this looming disaster.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It's entirely possible, I thought it sounded like nuclear war to me, however - I thought the hail mixed with blood could be some kind of ash clouds or something. Even if that were the case, I would not be surprised if it happened before comet ISON shows up. Also, the Book of Revelations mentions it covering a third of the earth, so I thought that it would not be a localized event.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
why is it that every known comet out there is about to cause havoc on earth...It think it was Elenin until recently.

I'm just waiting for the Haley Bop to pull breaks and reverse course... straight to earth...since none of these pussy comets manage to do any real damage.

I rose hell with my 71 comet with the factory cleveland 302 in it.
That is where the fear of comets originated.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

jjkenobi
I enjoyed the thread. Very thought provoking. According the to Bible the Israelites wandered the desert for 40 years after leaving Egypt before entering Canaan, not seven. I have read some theories about the ten plagues being caused by a massive volcano eruption but I haven't come across a comet theory before.

Scientists come by their theories by hashing things out amongst themselves then they look for evidence to back their theories. Meanwhile they look for evidence that can back their theory and other evidence is often overlooked that is in contradiction to their beliefs. This is normal human behavior.

There is no law that says we can not make up hypothesis, but it is evident that we haven't the resources or equipment to test the hypothesis. We could supply ideas to scientists though so they can see possibilities. Who cares who gets the credit for discovering something new, something that may be more right than consensus of the time. We would never have the resources or access to special knowledge to prove it anyway.

We are allowed to think on our own, except in cases involving management of the government and it's spending of money
, so why not think and put the ideas out there for the scientists to pick up on. NASA is starting to monitor the internet to get ideas and have been asking the public to report observations of things they see. They know a million eyes trained on the sky can actually assist them in finding out more of reality.

Sure you have to weed out all the grass to make a good dandelion garden but at least you are going in the right direction. Dandelions are good food and medicine yet we cherish the grass. The last sentence shows you that it is important to recognize what is truly reality. We need the knowledge and perception of all people in the world to ascend to a higher civilization. It has to be done in an organized and civilized way though. Everyone knows something really well because of their interest. Sometimes what they know is not pertinent to a progression of society though. Some of the things we think are important, are not. Other things we take for granted are very important. Sometimes truth is pushed aside for profit too.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Two things right off the bat that are off.

It wasn't Ramses II, that's the Cecil B Demille version of history.

Secondly, the Exodus of Egypt is generally thought to be 1447 BC.

I have a friend that swear the Jews were the Hyksos, and we've been going back & forth over this for years, and the dates don't match up with history in this regard, so I'm fairly certain on the date of the Exodus.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I know, while others are contemplating some form of terror attack, my mind keeps thinking it will be something natural, and since no one knows when an EQ or other natural disaster will strike I tend to think it just might be some kind of celestial event that they see but are not coming forward with at this point to the public.

I mean, if say the US was struck by an incoming meteor or comet, that would be the best time to see sleeper cells activate a jihad. I don't know, I wish our governments could just trust us and let us know prior to an event. For the majority it would be best but then they judge us all by the least of us. You know how they say we are only as strong as our weakest link.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

One other thing is that if you were a farmer, you would know that plagues have been hitting us for the past few years, seems the insects are getting stronger and thicker every year. But when they knock out one type another springs up to replace those. The plagues in Egypt this year really freaked me out.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Wormwood is what caused the Plagues of Egypt and it is a Brown Dwarf Star. Every new Telescope built lately or Satellite for that matter that looks into space is mainly seeing in Infra-Red, especially the new (Lucifer) Vatican Telescope.

A Brown Dwarf is dark until it gets very close to another Star or Planet. It is composed of mainly Iron Oxide and that is what turns the waters red like blood. That is also what causes Fire and Brimstone, it heats up from the friction with our atmosphere. Anyone who has put a torch on rusty metal would know what I am talking about. Excessive Iron in water also makes it taste very bitter, hence where they got the name Wormwood as the plant does the same thing.

I don't think Ison is a Comet as it has many objects in tow with it and the dark star may be heating up as it nears the other planets. What I do know is there has been a frantic effort to build many Infra-Red Telescopes lately in many places around the world and in space. They know this Brown Dwarf is coming as it has already been pulling on the other planets, our moon and Earth itself. Hell the Vatican's new Telescope named Lucifer should be a dead give away.

The destroyer is coming so get right with God now before its too late!!! This Star will make the Japanese quake and Tsunami look like a small random event in comparison as it rocks earth.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Ah, so it wasn't 2012 we should have been concerned about, it was 2013!!

Seriously though, I've seen 3 comets in my lifetime and they are a wonderful spectacle that disappear after a month or two. I believe that Comet ISON will be of a similar ilk.

If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me, I told you so. If I'm correct expect me to tell you, I told you so!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

schadenfreude
Two things right off the bat that are off.

It wasn't Ramses II, that's the Cecil B Demille version of history.

Secondly, the Exodus of Egypt is generally thought to be 1447 BC.

I have a friend that swear the Jews were the Hyksos, and we've been going back & forth over this for years, and the dates don't match up with history in this regard, so I'm fairly certain on the date of the Exodus.

I'm curious to know who generally thinks the Exodus was 1447 BCE. Was it science? Was it biblical scholars? Was it Jews? As I mentioned in my OP the orthodox Jews accept the Exodus as being around 1312 BC to 1317 BC which would be just a couple of years after Comet ISON would have made an appearance to Earth if the comet is indeed doing a 333 year trip around our solar system.

Dating the Exodus: Another View

Article above breaks it down pretty well the differences between the scholarly view and the Jewish view. The bible itself was written by Jews as a historical record of the Jewish people and the Passover is their holiday, so I think I'm going to go with them on this one.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

He says that NASA tries to minimize the comet nuclei to almost nothing and has done so with this particular comet as well, but he disagrees. They downplay it as small, but McCanney believes it is a large comet.

Mildly interesting OP.....but you know what really gets my goat?

NASA are constantly accused of lieing and obfuscating the truth with events like this.....but how many times have they been wrong?..............and how many times have the CT been right?

We had a veritable plethora of conspiracy theories regarding comet elenin in the months preceding it's arrival, everything from the next coming of Christ to the annunaki returning in their mother ship!

NASA said it was simply a comet that may or may not be observed in the sky depending on location and weather conditions....they were spot on.

Now we have this latest rapscallion of a comet approaching....NASA say it's just a common or garden comet that will come and go.

Conspiracy theorists claim that it is everything from a massive triangular spaceship from the Andromeda Galactic Council or some other cock 'a mammy fictitious space council, to this latest claim that it will be revisiting the 10 Biblical plagues of Egypt on good old planet Earth!

Facts of the matter are...NASA frequently gets it right.....Conspiracy Theorists always get it wrong.

I'm putting my money on NASA on this one.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

No, no, no NASA = NAStAy

No way is this Comet a run of the mill cellestial fly past. It's a monster waiting to eat us up and spew us into the black hole hiding behind the moon. Everyone knows this, come on!!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Oh go on then!....you've convinced me you sweet talking thing you!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

What a load of ignorant rubbish. I far from trust NASA, but they have actually sent craft to comets, I am sure they know a lot more about them than this man claims. As already has been said, every comet is a portent of doom yet we are still here. Everything is going like clockwork (literally).

We do not know exactly what caused the plagues of Egypt, and if they are indeed accurately portrayed. As for the black death, that was caused by fleas from rats infecting humans, poor hygiene, lack of medical knowledge, the possible reduction of cat populations (although I can't find any concrete source for this, but knowing how ignorant people are, and how destructive religion is, its entirely possible). Not a comet.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Great post. Have you checked out the name meanings of the two astronomers that discovered the comet? One of the guys names translates to wormwood. Artyon is derived from Artemisia, which is also a Latin name for a common herb called wormwood. Wormwood of course is referred to in the bible several times, most notably in revelations, as some kind of death star. All of the names and the name of the place where the telescope is located sounds a little too coincidental.

FYI
William Bramley's book "The Gods of Eden," has some great information about comets relating to plagues.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
For Argyle and Firefly;

What I've said about this comet is that if this is the same comet returning every 333 years, it may wreak havoc. If this is the tenth time around since the Exodus, I can only pinpoint two times during those past ten occurrences that anything may have happened in regards to plague, 3,333 years ago and in 1347 during the Black Plague. That's two out of ten fly by's so that means we stand a pretty good chance of being okay this time around as well. But, I would like to point out that we are already experiencing a rash of drug-resistant bacteria and mutating viruses worldwide right now. There is plenty of reading on this here at ATS.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Immanuel Velikovsky postulated that it was the planet Venus which was a comet prior to coming into a orbit that caused the 10 plagues.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I've asked this same question every time a thread like this appears. But of course I'm just a shill with a closed mind. In truth the world ends at least ten times every year due to some celestial object. You just haven't noticed it because NASA is lying when they say we're all still alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join