It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun video from Bombardier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I found this video after watching video of the CSeries first flight today. It talks about the egress/bailout training the crews have to go through before they can fly. Including FAA and Canadian certification people. It also shows a little of the egress equipment on board.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Great Vid Zaphod! I am however confused!

The emergency doors were fine! The hatch above the cockpit was weird. I would have thought the wind factor would have made that escape route difficult not to mention a possible meeting with the tail section.

But what on earth was the funny seat they were all sitting in. Looked like something out of the Thunderbirds???

P

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

pheonix358
The hatch above the cockpit was weird. I would have thought the wind factor would have made that escape route difficult not to mention a possible meeting with the tail section.

That would be for use on the ground, after landing.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Thanks, I though that may be the case but still one hell of a jump to the ground. Still, I suppose we are talking the military as opposed to someones grandma!

P

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what would they carry in those tanks in the video? There were several round ones and others along the sides of the plane .

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

That piece that dropped down, flush with the floor, falls out of the aircraft in flight. It leaves a nice opening that they then drop through, if they have to bail out.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

chopperswolf
Just out of curiosity, what would they carry in those tanks in the video? There were several round ones and others along the sides of the plane .

"These tanks are filled with water and engineers can transfer water between the tanks during flight to shift the weight of simulated cargo or passengers. The center of gravity, or CG as pilots call it, is important to the flight characteristics of any airplane. During flight test, Boeing must ensure the plane is safe and efficient at full forward and full aft CG as well as any combination between the two."
www.wired.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

Some more examples:

787-8

777-200LR

Airbus

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

hellobruce

chopperswolf

"These tanks are filled with water and engineers can transfer water between the tanks during flight to shift the weight of simulated cargo or passengers. The center of gravity, or CG as pilots call it, is important to the flight characteristics of any airplane. During flight test, Boeing must ensure the plane is safe and efficient at full forward and full aft CG as well as any combination between the two."
www.wired.com...

Looks more like beer kegs to me. All on-board the vomit comet!
787 Tanks/Kegs

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by pheonix358

That piece that dropped down, flush with the floor, falls out of the aircraft in flight. It leaves a nice opening that they then drop through, if they have to bail out.

Neat! Thanks.

P

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The tanks hold the chemtrail chemicals of course - just wait for the chemmies to get hold of this one......

According to the Montreal Gazette the egress system

.....allows the crew to bail out by rushing to the aircraft's mid-section and take turns sitting on a metal contraption that would then catapult the parachute-equipped members out of the bottom of the aircraft. The manoeuvre, however, could only work above a certain altitude.

Can't quite see how that works from the video - perhaps they fall out backwards & it resets somehow??
edit on 17-9-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join