It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feinstein calls for stricter gun laws less than 8 hours after Naval Yard Shooting begins..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Because the military is not what it used to be.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
SHE carries! if SHE HERSELF were there in the Naval Yard this morning, the incident may have ended earlier. the woman is a hypocrite. i'm sure she was enraptured when it was announced the alleged shooter was actually licensed to carry concealed. many of the other mass-shooters were not, to my knowledge. gives her a soft place to dig her claws into the legally-armed.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm always sickened when someone decides to use a tragedy as their political mouthpiece. And nonetheless on the same day that it occurred? Not right at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
She's not even American, she's a dual-citizenship israeli. And like the rest of her kinfolk is quite fond of her uzi.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

If anyone can find a grain of sand of integrity, honesty, or where she is serving the public's best interests in anything she says, instead of lining her pockets, I have cheap land on the block! Just a not; Her husbands
S F post office selling hot water stuff... oh well.

Never waste a crisis, Even the Fake Ones They Create!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

SecretWeapon
Is it too early to call this a false flag in an attempt to further gut the 2nd Amendment?

The only positive thing out of this is MORONS like McCain are not blaming Vladimir Putin for the shooting.

About time someone takes a heavy iron baton in hands and whacks the MORONS in DC repeatedly until they do something really workable on the gun control.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You know, I might actually be able to understand where she's coming from, if someone
was taken pot shots at her. But, no body is and I don't understand that either.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That hag is bat# crazy. The only thing I see her as being good for is a tree ornament. Tall, sturdy tree.....short sturdy rope........priceless

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I guess the DC chief should be happy it was just a shooting instead of a WMD. If they are proud of a 7 min response time they are frakking stupid. 7 min is all a person needs to arm and set off a WMD. There is no cure for crazy. We can only prepare for the worst and hope for the best nowadays it seems

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I could quote statistics that prove she is wrong until I was blue in the face but much like the rest of the rampant treason, propaganda and agenda driving that is taking place in our country, words do little to curtail the criminals that continue to grasp to the last clutches of protection their office holds.

Feinstein is going to realize that Americans are not buying the lies being sold by Washington en masse as she is used too in her past. This country is finally starting to show signs of life as far as weeding out the propaganda from the truth and if the trend continues, she had better hope she has a cabin in the mountains when the real questions start being asked.

She is guilty of crimes against the Constitution, racketeering, inciting panic, multiple civil rights violations, collusion and mob action. Thats just to start with. She is the reason God invented trees and our framers gave us the Constitution, so we know when to use them. She is a clear and present danger to the United States and an enemy to the true state of the Republic.
edit on 16-9-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This woman is scary in so many ways. Why does anyone take her seriously? Oh right sorry, the same people who believe Barack *Obama* is actually the savior of our country (and the world).

edit on Tue Sep 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Unfortunately, the military today could not handle that. Think of it as the equivalent of arming every frat boy and sorority girl on a college campus. It would have to be select people who carry firearms.

The stuff I've seen in my time, better that they weren't armed.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Gee, no shocker here that the Lichmistress of the DPRC is using the dead for her own agenda, I wonder if the bodies were even cold before she considered making a statement? This woman (and I'm stretching the use of the word woman here) has absolutely no shame about how she pushes her personal vendetta, yet the people of the DPRC still keep voting her back into office time and time again even though she has continually pushed business out of the state with her policies.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Link

In the wake of the shooting at the Navy Yard, Obama spokesman Jay Carney said the president is implementing executive actions and reiterated his commitment to strengthening gun laws, including expanding background checks to sales online and at gun shows.

“The president supports, as do an overwhelming majority of Americans, common-sense measures to reduce gun violence,” Carney said.

Even as it was unfolding, the Washington shooting was reigniting talk about guns. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a leading advocate of gun control legislation, mourned “the litany of massacres” the country has suffered in the form of mass shootings.

“When will enough be enough?” Feinstein asked. “Congress must stop shirking its responsibility and resume a thoughtful debate on gun violence in this country. We must do more to stop this endless loss of life.”

Here it comes...we are the enemy...not the terrorists!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

matafuchs
If there were less strict conceal and carry and gun laws in DC and less gun free zones the tragedy that unfolded may have been stopped sooner.

Gun-free zones do not have much to do with it. Pretty much whole Europe is a gun-free zone. I do not know the laws of every country in EU, although concealed carry is not allowed in nearly all countries. Why such things do not happen there/happens much more rarely (per capita)?

reply to post by beezzer

The main reason for gun deaths going down lies in the development of life quality and technology in recent decades. The same thing has happened in other Western Economies too, yet there the gun violence rates have dropped significantly more than in US, who still has over 4x times higher gun violence rates than in other OECD countries, which all have significantly lower amount of guns in the hands of citizens.

The fact that the gun violence dropped has nothing to do with the larger number of gun owners, but in the reasons mentioned above. If there were stronger gun laws, it is very likely the gun violence rates per capita would have dropped even more to somewhat similar level with other advanced economies.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

wingsfan
She's not even American, she's a dual-citizenship israeli. And like the rest of her kinfolk is quite fond of her uzi.

And fond of taking our rights away like many dual-citizenship Israelis. People like to complain about Obama putting Muslim Brotherhood members in government but never look to see how many positions of power dual-citizenship Israelis hold in government.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ok so Diane wants our guns and in the same breath says the US would be a safer place to live in we had a gun ban. So this shooting happened on a US military installation under the noses of what is considered by some as the most powerful military in the world which leads me to this.

If the mighty military can't protect us from criminals even on their own bases then how is the general public supposed to feel about protection from law enforcement. Lets face it law enforcement is not the military and even the military in all their might cant protect us. So how does Diane see this going down?? I mean even a moron can see this happened on what should be some of the most secure ground in the US.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

roaland

Its a MILITARY BASE! i think the question we all need to be asking is why on earth are they not allowed to carry a sidearm while on base? did they all not get firearm training? Its the military, if they were issued a sidearm, for cryinoutloud, let them carry the damn thing while on base. how stupid is that a bunch of trained navy personel aren't allowed to carry their sidearms but a subcontracted security staff that NOT MILITARY are allowed to? gezz this whole thing makes my head wanna explode with how stupid this has become. A military base is a gun free zone where only a subcontracted security force is allowed to carry? so when they mess up and someone gets in with a gun, the ppl trained for battle with guns have to wait for the contractors to come in and save them, allong with the cops apparently. wake the hell up ppl, its not guns that are dangerous, is the dumbasses behind the gun, so let atleast our fricking MILITARY carry frigin guns....oh i should of just not even responded.....
edit on 16-9-2013 by roaland because: (no reason given)

I think you've been watching too many movies. I understand that in the movies every soldier in the military seems to come equipped with a pistol, but that isn't true in reality. I certainly can't speak for the navy, but in the Army they don't just issue firearms, especially pistols, to every soldier who enlists or signs up to carry around. Not to mention even it they do issue you a pistol it is required to be kept in your unit's armory. This is also the case if you buy a firearm and live on base.

While in the Army, I fired a pistol all of 1 time and that was just because my unit was running a bunch of ranges and wanted to fire off a bunch of extra ammo. Normally the weapon that the Army issues soldiers is an M16 which is very cumbersome to carry about your person everywhere you go (trust me I know I was also deployed in Iraq and had to do that very thing). Not to mention ammunition is located in a completely different area on base than your unit's armory.

Actually, I don't even know what you are talking about when you said that the soldiers had to wait for the contractors to save them. Are you unfamiliar with what an MP does? It stands for Military Police and they would be the guys they'd call in this situation. They DO carry firearms on their person and are trained for these sorts of things.
edit on 17-9-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

victor7

SecretWeapon
Is it too early to call this a false flag in an attempt to further gut the 2nd Amendment?

The only positive thing out of this is MORONS like McCain are not blaming Vladimir Putin for the shooting.

About time someone takes a heavy iron baton in hands and whacks the MORONS in DC repeatedly until they do something really workable on the gun control.

Take note all....."heavy iron baton....whacks.....". Feel the force, feel the resolve and power and hear the footsteps out along the water way. Lunatic fringe..... well rise to you this time again and again.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

There are probably millions of old WW1 and WW2 weapons in Europe to this day, hidden under floorboards, behind false walls and in the attic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join