It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many more victims before Americans demand the repeal of "gun free" or victim disarmament zones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
People, its not a coincidence: Newtown CT, Blacksburg VA, Fort Hood, Columbine, Aurora etc.

The perpetrators of these crimes are not randomly choosing these locations.

They are specifically targeting these areas because they know they can inflict maximum casualties. They know that honest, gullible, naive, law-abiding citizens will respect these stupid laws and leave their firearms outside the invisible border of the "gun free" zone.

Professor John Lott on gun free zones.

Shortly after the gunfire, Mason said, someone on an overhead speaker told workers to seek shelter and later to head for the gates at the complex.

Yah, go hide until police arrive...

And please, lets not even start the "banning guns" nonsense.

Its a right, not a privilege.

From 1989:

edit on 16-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Well, this is a local issue so it comes down to the awareness/intelligence of the local population and their elected/appointed/employed leaders. As such, I have confidence it won't be widespread unless federal laws attempt to interfere (again/more).

Getting rid of the current implementation is tricky since it presumes changing the beliefs of a culturally misinformed and/or disengaged populous (as some of you may know, not so easy).

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So your proposed solution to gun violence is to introduce more guns into the equation? I don't see how that helps. The more people you have shooting in the same place, the worse it's gonna be.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

So your proposed solution to gun violence is to introduce more guns into the equation? I don't see how that helps. The more people you have shooting in the same place, the worse it's gonna be.

There are numerous reasons for why I'm for the 2nd Amendment, here's just one:

So..let's say an actual criminal, Big Pharma psychotropic drug head or say a false flag operative/Manchurian Candidate walks into their intended "soft" target (aka Gun Free Zone) with the intention of killing as many people as possible, they pull their gun and empty their magazine/clip/tube into the crowd...now, either scenario #1, he/she will kill or injure 10-30 people or more if he/she can successfully reload.... OR, scenario #2, that shooter will get one, maybe two rounds off before he/she is met by an armed resistance with equally deadly force that can and will incapacitate or end that shooters life, prior to a room of otherwise helpless unarmed people being slaughtered.

Now, if my family were to be out in public and the above occurred..you can bet your bottom $ on scenario #2 being the route I would want..100% The reason being because you certainly cannot rely on the shooter showing mercy, you cannot rely on the police to prevent the crime and most importantly, you cannot rely on politicians because they will NEVER be able to disarm those that refuse to be disarmed..PERIOD

If I'm wrong, please help me understand...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Here's another reason why the American people should not ever be disarmed, albeit a less likely scenario but....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
here we go again saying having a gun stops shootings,i live in a town in scotland where only farmers or serious hunters have guns,have i heard of 1 shooting in my town?no and i don,t really hear about shootings in glasgow,u know why?cause 1 in thousands if not more has a gun so hardly ever is there a shooting,when u put a gun in everyones hand then you have a problem.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Obama made it clear today he will be using this to continue pushing his agenda (his eyes were sure red - seems exhausted). Anyway - I can't say it makes me feel safer to see people walking around with guns - not everyone would be well trained and there is always the "what if" they react to something benign.

But... There is no way I want to see any rights taken away. It's really very simple and has been repeated time and time again - people with bad intentions are going to get them no matter what. If someone in that building would have had one (for goodness sake its a military installation) this may not have been as bad. Take them away from good people you give the bad guy more power. Today's tragedy drives that home.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

The way I see it, the second amendment doesn't make a difference. It doesn't make a damned bit of difference. It won't stop someone pulling a weapon in the middle of a busy street or opening fire on a crowded bus. People wanna go ballistic with their guns, they will do it. I don't have any advice except pray. Pray that it won't be you or your friends or family.

I'm sorry, but that's how I see it. By the time you realize your weapon is necessary, someone is probably already dead. Maybe several someones. Fighting for your right to carry a weapon is fighting for your right to limit the damage and drop the shooter before they put a bullet in more than a couple of people. Beyond that, carrying a gun doesn't magically make people bullet proof. It just enables you to end the game early.
edit on 16-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

Y'know, you're right. There's no saving this pathetic mess of a society. Screw it. Toss free guns into a big pile in the center of every room, every crossroad, every village, town, city, and just let Americans fully express themselves as they're clearly conditioned to do so.

Then, when they're all done being free and exercising all their God-given rights, the rest of the world can come in when the last corpse drops and bulldoze the mess over, plant new trees, and begin putting something here that makes sense in its place.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Heh. That's basically what they're doing around the world. Children and women get shot every other day. It's like being a wild animal in the jungle, but your weapons are a lot more dangerous and your enemies are a lot smarter and more capable.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Heh. That's basically what they're doing around the world. Children and women get shot every other day. It's like being a wild animal in the jungle, but your weapons are a lot more dangerous and your enemies are a lot smarter and more capable.

um...not in the developed world that the US is (allegedly) a part of. In the modern developed world, the gun death rate is negligible compared to this nuthouse. If you want to equate the US to Iraq or Rwanda, then you're kind of on your own out there, since no one else on the planet agrees with you. Only the kill rate is the same, but then, that's my point.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Glad to see another member speaking their voice with conviction...maybe next time your lazy ass can do a little leg work to support your views. Right, or wrong...

www.pewsocialtrends.org...

www.theatlanticcities.com...

edit on 16-9-2013 by facelift because: add 'your'

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I don't think Pols care one bit what the citizens demand these days.
Just sayin..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

That's a question I'd like answered myself. Businesses and other locations which reject legal citizens carrying under permit may as well have this in their window.

Source

It's just illogical.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

gladtobehere
People, its not a coincidence: Newtown CT, Blacksburg VA, Fort Hood, Columbine, Aurora etc.

The perpetrators of these crimes are not randomly choosing these locations.

They are specifically targeting these areas because they know they can inflict maximum casualties. They know that honest, gullible, naive, law-abiding citizens will respect these stupid laws and leave their firearms outside the invisible border of the "gun free" zone.

Professor John Lott on gun free zones.

Shortly after the gunfire, Mason said, someone on an overhead speaker told workers to seek shelter and later to head for the gates at the complex.

Yah, go hide until police arrive...

And please, lets not even start the "banning guns" nonsense.

Its a right, not a privilege.

From 1989:

edit on 16-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

I was just reading about a school with armed guards that got shot up and two military bases. But I bet you had a point.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

So what stopped that shooting?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

1104light
I was just reading about a school with armed guards that got shot up and two military bases. But I bet you had a point.

You mean that school where the guard did engage the shooters and potentially kept the number of wounded and killed down:

Deputy Gardner exchanged fire with Harris and Klebold, which stopped the pair from firing at students. Gardner's actions allow teacher Patti Nielson and student Brian Anderson (who were both shot at and injured) to escape and survive.

and those two bases that are "gun free" save for the MP's who carry unloaded guns?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I wonder if having guns taken from people would be done under the threat of being shot. Sounds rational. Then I wonder if a country were a body of organisms, and a particular sect of organisms had no defense mechanism, which organisms become food? Then I also wonder why people become fixated on lessons already learned from history, and can't focus on moving forward. It's hard to make everyone happy, unless you focus on what makes everyone happy. Seems like we're on an endless loop of pushing for various legislative control that divides people more and more, instead of making plans to do things that bring people together. I'm might be waaaayyy out there though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

You mean that school where the guard did engage the shooters and potentially kept the number of wounded and killed down:

Really? How many kids did the armed guard save when he killed the kids shooting up the school? I missed that.

Deputy Gardner exchanged fire with Harris and Klebold, which stopped the pair from firing at students. Gardner's actions allow teacher Patti Nielson and student Brian Anderson (who were both shot at and injured) to escape and survive.

Exactly so the kids moved on and killed other kids. Wow, what a help.

and those two bases that are "gun free" save for the MP's who carry unloaded guns?

Fort Hood is a gun free base?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 1104light

He didnt kill them. He was on the other side of.campus when they attacked and never got closer than.60 yards to them. However every bullet they exchanged.with him is a bullet.not flying at others. He also covered and saved ayt least 15 other children as they exited.the.school.

Fort Hood is "gun free." All arms are locked away save.for a few MP's who carry unloaded.weapons. All bases are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join