It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As world watches Syria, Egypt launches major campaign against jihadists in Sinai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Of course once again people are shown to be easily distracted. I had a buddy tell me that Egypt had to be peaceful because he hadn't seen anything in the news about it lately. I wanted to slap him.

While the eyes of the world are on Syria, Egypt's military is routing jihadists from the vast and lawless Sinai Peninsula -- and, according to some regional observers, showing the U.S. how to conduct a war on terrorists.

When you have a determined enemy, and have superior firepower, you take the fight to him, not hunker down and wait. That's suicide.

"I am more than sure that the Muslim Brotherhood and its leadership in Egypt were actually encouraged by the Americans -- and not just in Egypt," Mordechai Kedar, a highly respected analyst of Islamic groups, and a former Israeli military intelligence officer, told FoxNews.com. "The State Department sympathized with the Muslim Brotherhood because they wanted Islamists to love America. They will do anything in order to look nice in the eyes of these Islamists."

I've seen and heard this quote plenty of times. The right hand is doing things to distract while the left plays it's nefarious games. And people keep falling for it.

The Middle East will not go away anytime soon. Most other governments seem to be aware of many of the goings on there. But the US Gov't?, they seem to be blind and have no clue.
edit on 16-9-2013 by TDawgRex because: Spelling...again!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

How ironic that the egyptian people would be the ones to throw off the yoke of their oppressors not once, but twice, and turn around to fight islamic extremists in defiance of U.S power brokerage. There is something really strange going on behind the curtain in the highest rooms of power. "The war on terror" has been used on one hand to justify the erosion of liberties at home, while being used on the other to prop up the very people it was supposed to be waged against abroad. I can't help but think that this was all by design, and things didn't go as planned in Egypt.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

That makes sense to me.

I can see Morsi looking out his window one day and saying, "Well, this isn't going as planned. Put me through to the White House!"

Of course the answer came back, "We're sorry but the President is in the middle of a round of golf and cannot be disturbed at this time. Please leave your name and number and we will return your call...Thank you." BEEeeep!
edit on 16-9-2013 by TDawgRex because: Crap! Spelling again! Screw spell check!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
These guys were causing trouble in 2011 and got a beat down by the Egyptians and Isrealis and faded away. Until the Brotherhood when in power stopped funding Hamas. So Hamas funded these guys to make life in the Sinai bad for the Muslim Brotherhood so that they would relent and go back to funding Hamas. Instead the MB conducted a military operation and they got crushed again. After the coup they are back again funded by Hamas who now want the new Egyptian gov to fund them. Its a crazy game and shows that their are no black and white sides in the region like people think.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The Egyptians gave the MB a whole year to produce results that were good for the desperately seeking Egyptians for freedoms

what they finally concluded is that the
MB was a USA engineered suppression Regime that is anything but free & demorcraticly focused

the Egyptians are giving the world a lesson in dealing with Jihadists & murderers extrodinare'

they are putting into action the rejection & despisal of the 0bama regime...USA policies

more power to them...
& let the EU & especially France take note about all thosee Muslims that want to bring You-All into the Abyss they are in

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Yep, it's a insane web.

I would venture to say that the US keeps diplomatic openings to all parties, but to stop funding or backing them. It's their neighborhood after all.

I actually see Egypt becoming a better nation for its citizens after this all dies down. But there will still be atrocities in the meantime.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by MrSpad

Yep, it's a insane web.

I would venture to say that the US keeps diplomatic openings to all parties, but to stop funding or backing them. It's their neighborhood after all.

I actually see Egypt becoming a better nation for its citizens after this all dies down. But there will still be atrocities in the meantime.

Yep, the US is happy to deal with whoever is in charge of Egypt because they the Egyptian Army is in the US back pocket. We were fine with Mubarrak until he was no longer wanted so the US said if the military puts down the protestors they will lose funding so the military left him high and dry. The the MB came into power and the US made nice with them as well but, when they started talking with Iran and clamping down on things the US let the Egyptian military know if a coup were to happen it would be ignored in the US and their funding would be fine. And now whoever takes over the US will make nice with while keeping the military on the side to remove them if they prove unworkable.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The Egyptians gave the MB a whole year to produce results that were good for the desperately seeking Egyptians for freedoms

what they finally concluded is that the
MB was a USA engineered suppression Regime that is anything but free & demorcraticly focused.

Actually, it's just the opposite.

The U.S. went out of it's way to try and keep the Muslim Brotherhood out of the Egyptian elections. The MB even said they had no intentions of putting up a candidate for President, right before they did it anyway. They made a bunch of promises that they couldn't keep and started pushing Islamic law on the people to a point where they weren't happy any longer and turned on them. The U.S. did more to help the Egyptian military get rid of the MB then they ever did in helping them get into office. Morsi proved himself to be more of an extremist than a moderate.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

By the way, didn't we end up cutting off funding anyway recently due to humanitarian issues getting out of hand from both sides?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

According to Senator Patrick Leahy, U.S. aid has "temporarily" been cut off for now. In the meanwhile, the next aid payment wasn't supposed to be made until September 30th, so I'll guess we'll have to wait and see how truthful that statement is.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Deetermined
reply to post by MrSpad

By the way, didn't we end up cutting off funding anyway recently due to humanitarian issues getting out of hand from both sides?

Not yet. Its been talked about mostly to get the military to speed up the transition back to a civilian gov because every day they don't the fact we are breaking our own laws about funding coups gets hotter and hotter.

top topics

join