It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for all the anti-gun folks

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

LMFAO

No one in Australia drinks Fosters.

That was the only part of your post that wasnt completely ignorant and was actually worth replying to.

Thanks for playing

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

This has gotten a bit out of hand, I just get defensive and lash out when people from other countries act like they know what is good for America or what Americans should or should not have and/or want.

The bottom line is I am more concerned with how my fellow Americans feel about this issue than people who it really has no relevance to.

So I sincerely apologize if I have offended you, at certain points in the conversation it was my intent to do just that, I am normaly above such childish behavior but I get tempermental sometimes.

I hope we can just accept that we agree to disagree in a civil fashion. I also know that fosters is not popular over there. I was just being facetious, in all honesty I have always wanted to visit Oz. Reconsidered however in light of the fact that those nasty funnel web spiders scare the bajeezus out of me and with no guns I wouldn't be able to shoot it. Just kidding about that last part.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

Whoa!!!!!

I was not expecting that.
I sincerely respect that post dude.

Since you took the initiative to be the bigger man, apologies also if I came across as a prick.
I consider this a borderless forum, what happens to one of us happens to all of us at the end of the day regardless of where we are geographically. Race, colour, religion and nationality are all just tools used to divide and conquer in my opinion.
If I have thoughts on something American related I will share it, same as Im sure you have on other topics that werent American related

I know I can come across as militant on this topic and I have honestly tried to calm down so I can engage in intelligent discussion instead of childish bickering.

Now we both know its not personal I genuinely hope we can butt heads on the topic in future and keep it on topic and not get offended

You have a new fan and I will read any future posts you make with a much more open mind

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Its all good and much respect, your right we are all stuck on this rock together and it is up to all of us to try and make it a better place.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

warriorscholar81
reply to post by 0rbital

I was simply suggesting that coming from the line of people you do then that MAY or MAY NOT have an impact on your cultural and societal viewpoints as a whole.

I'm not from Australia, never even been there. Doesn't mean I shouldn't defend the place if I feel someone's insulting it unfairly though. You're redeemed by your last posts though, I sometimes post based on instant reaction too, rather than letting my composure settle first, so I can relate, so overall no harm done.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

No worries, but you do realize Americans get judged so harshly and hated by most of the world based on what our lazy, corrupted and greedy "leaders" (if you can call them that) do. Most Americans are decent folk if not misguided. We certainly are misled, misunderstood and misrepresented.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

Ok, so lets say that society reaches the point where we say no more guns. They are too dangerous so we will glady turn them in. Alright so now guns in the hands of the citizenry no longer exsists.

There is a place where this is a reality, its a mythical place called "everywhere outside America"

that's kinda ignorant...

how about places like afghanistan? or maybe viet nam?

hell, people have guns in England, Scotland, and Ireland.....and in Australia....granted, it's not as widespread as it is here, but people have them...

there are a LOT of countries where civilians own guns..it's not just an American thing...and to say so, demonstrates an astounding level of ignorance on the subject..

why lie?
edit on 26-9-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

roughycannon
Another thing...

Guns are NOT natural they are man made, if you need something artificially created to protect your society I would take at serious look at your society being the root of the problem.

Why not sort out why crimes happen in the first place before you start arming everyone with guns.

lolwtf?

so, in your estimation, using baseball bats, hockey sticks, knives, hammers, or whatever else to defend yourself, is a sign of a problem, because they don't grow on trees?

crimes happen because criminals don't care about, or follow the law....they want what they want, and they do what they gotta do to get it....

crimes happen because bad people exist.....when you can tell me how to fix that, maybe we can talk..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

greavsie1971

buster2010

roughycannon
Well here in the UK, only the criminals have guns and we do just fine.

Violence breeds violence.

Seeing what the violent crime rate is in your country you are hardly doing just fine.

We are actrually. If you look at some reports that claim violent crime in the UK is higher than the US, you will see they were fabricated by the UK conservative party in order to fix the figures and finance the police more.

It was bull!!

so you're saying that home office cooked the numbers, to get more funding for the police service?

do you have any evidence to back that claim?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

i would like you to explain exactly how the security is imagined...

here is the definition of the word.

se·cu·ri·ty
[si-kyoor-i-tee] plural se·cu·ri·ties, adjective
noun
freedom from danger, risk, etc.; safety.

freedom from care, anxiety, or doubt; well-founded confidence.

something that secures or makes safe; protection; defense.

freedom from financial cares or from want: The insurance policy gave the family security.

precautions taken to guard against crime, attack, sabotage, espionage, etc.: The senator claimed security was lax and potential enemies know our plans.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

greavsie1971
At the end of the day, British people feel they do not need guns to protect themselves. US people feel they DO need guns. I think that speaks for itself.!!

well, you see, that's the thing...

just like in the states, not everyone in the UK is against guns either...

i'm SURE there are plenty of people over there who feel it is dangerous enough to warrant owning a gun for their own personal safety...

there are quite a few of them on this forum.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

greavsie1971
If the govt comes for you with their drones, tanks, missiles, airplanes, soldiers etc. what use is a gun?

individually, it does nothing.....when the people come together, and act in concert for their common defense....that's what's known as a militia..

Militias freed us from the grip of the crown.

It's funny that you should mention tanks, and drones, and planes, and whatnot......we've been throwing those things at afghanistan for over a decade now, and would you care to tell the class EXACTLY how well that's worked out for us?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

greavsie1971

buster2010

roughycannon
Well here in the UK, only the criminals have guns and we do just fine.

Violence breeds violence.

Seeing what the violent crime rate is in your country you are hardly doing just fine.

We are actrually. If you look at some reports that claim violent crime in the UK is higher than the US, you will see they were fabricated by the UK conservative party in order to fix the figures and finance the police more.

It was bull!!

The crime figures that always get brought up in these discussions are BS, they include things like domestic disputes and bar fights where no one was seriously injured and no charges were laid.

Simple fact is no one feels scared enough to want a gun, in the western world it is uniquely American to feel the need for a firearm.

don't let the canadians hear you...or people in mexico, or other latin countries....

i gotta ask again...why would you cling to this false claim?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Painterz
A. The same way the rest of the world manages it without having a populace armed to the teeth. You know, those parts of the world with no guns and a level of crime and violence that is a fraction of what it is in the States. We like to call the system 'police'.

i would love for you to tell us all about this magical land where police can be everywhere, and stop every crime, and everyone is always safe all the time, no one wants for anything, and personal responsibility is obsolete...

tell us about it, i'd love to visit..

B. If the government decides to crack down, a few armed civilians will do jack squat against trained military professionals. Whereas if Canada invades... wait, no, I can't treat that question seriously, if any country is ever in a place where they can afford to invade the continental United States, then they will do so with such overwhelming force that again, armed civilian militia will do absolutely jack squat.

Japan was in a position to invade the U.S. Mainland....the bulk of our military forces were overseas fighting in various theaters, and Japan was thinking it wanted to invade...

they didn't, because they realized that most of the citizens were armed....they realized it would be a bloodbath, because we would fight for our homes...they realized it was a really bad idea. they were afraid of citizens with guns, because they knew we could, and would, stop them

again, i site Afghanistan....we've been throwing everything short of nukes, and bio-weapons at them for over a decade now, and we're no closer to "winning" now, than we were when we got there.....all we have to show for it is thousands of dead service men and women, thousands of dead afghans, trillions of dollars of debt....and no progress....

keep in mind that the afghan people are armed and equipped WORSE than we in the states are....farmers, shepherds, and other regular people, armed with AKs, and worse, have held back the most powerful military on the face of the planet, for over a decade....

i think you have too little faith in the human spirit, and capacity to rise to great challenge against overwhelming odds...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

i salute you, for your open-mindedness, and ability to process, and accept the concept of different cultures being..well, different cultures..

i appreciate that you understand that things work differently in other places, and that you do not sit there, and ridicule people who do things differently, for not thinking and living as you do.

you, sir, are a class act.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

and this is one of the most intellectually dishonest statements i've ever seen, regarding the subject.

the implication here is either that removing guns completely from the equation (impossible) would either completely put a stop to violent crime (it would not), or that it would just stop shootings, which is also very debatable..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

k21968
that as far as any one knows he sold before he died.

lol, not anymore..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

no, the brainwashing comes in when you comtinue to parrot talking points, even after having been presented with facts that show those talking points to be untrue.

the brainwashing comes in when you insist that your opinion is truth, reality, absolute, and are completely unwilling to accept new ideas, concepts, or facets of reality.....your little corner of the world is all you see, and you fail to accept that not everywhere is like where you are...

it's a huge disconnect, and is actually part of the problem that makes guns necessary over here, and why the gun debate is a debate at all..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

winofiend

warriorscholar81
reply to post by n00bUK

Lock your doors, thats your answer? LMFAO, you are aware locks can be picked and rather silently at that. What about outside your home? Just leave to chance I suppose, right?

Yes, those lock picking campers with stolen guns waiting to rape your botty are such a prevalent issue, why it was almost negligent to omit them from your OP.

You asked what would peopel do. Now you're ranting on about what they said.

So you didn't actually care.

I hate this new interface for now I must rewrite myignore scripts.

dude, it's called discussion.....

he asks "what would you do", then the person answers "i would lock my doors", to which a perfectly reasonable response is something to the effect of "do you think that will stop anyone?", or "do you really think that'll help?"

it's conversation...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

winofiend

TinkerHaus
No, you're NOT doing just fine in the UK. You have an underage pregnancy epidemic

Psst, Pregnancy.. it's not something you catch. Just so you know. Whew, maybe more school.

Umm, so to prevent the pregnancy epidemic, they should be shot? Or carry guns?

Never mind, I don't actually really want to know. This thread is massive fail. I've added far too much already.

hooroo you weirdos...

lol

it's called social commenary...

someone said they were just fine....he was listing things that indicate that the statement is not entirely accurate....

being "just fine" is a matter of opinion, of course, and is completely subjective...different standards mean different criteria for the classification of "just fine"...the pregnancy thing may have been off topic, but it was mentioned, among other things, to make a point..

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join