It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for all the anti-gun folks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

I completely agree. It is a completely different cultute and just to reiterate, I don't think there could be any way that your population could be disarmed that would cause anything but problems.

Edit to clarify: I agree that enforcing gun control over on the US is a bad idea. Not because I think guns are a good thing, but because it's got to the stage where it's far too late.

I am just trying to show what it's like in our neck of the woods without the usual "I'm right, you're wrong" arguments.

Again, let me know if you have any questions and I'll answer respectfully.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Tronsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

applesthateatpeople
I'm 35 years old.

I live in Detroit.

I have never owned a gun.

I have never had trouble defending my home.

Guns are for COWARDS.

Get a dog.

Well congrats! Your ten foot tall and bulletproof.
I hope you never have to defend your home from ( COWARDS )
You think I own guns because im paranoid and worried for no good reason.
I see it a little different. I have auto, home, and life insurance.
Im not afraid to drive my car. Im not scared to die. But when something
Happens ill be prepared.
I also have a spare tire in my trunk but i don't expect getting a flat today.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Only people with guns will ever have a reason to use them.

Live by the [gun], die by the [gun].

Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

applesthateatpeople

Good luck with that.

Tell that to the Jews...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71

applesthateatpeople

Good luck with that.

Tell that to the Jews...

I see.

So, we are not just talking about America, we're talking about all nations.

So, you think everyone in the world should have a gun.

Teachers.

Census workers.

Postal workers.

Paperboys.

Third world tribes.

Librarians, ice cream truck drivers, waiters, debt collectors, everyone...

...and that will make us all SAFER???

People actually think that???

Woah, this is getting surreal.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

Simple answer? We wouldn't. That is, of course, the whole point. History proves that guns prevent tyranny, and thus tyrants always go after the guns first.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

LadyGreenEyes

Simple answer? We wouldn't. That is, of course, the whole point. History proves that guns prevent tyranny, and thus tyrants always go after the guns first.

Gandhi proved that nonviolent non-cooperation can end tyranny.

You either aren't aware of this, or you just left it out purposefully...
I wonder why.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

I am aware of many places where the leadership took all the guns, then proceeded to kill tons of people. One case of peace, versus many of slaughter? The one seems an exception to the rule. People really aren't all basically good.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

LadyGreenEyes

I am aware of many places where the leadership took all the guns, then proceeded to kill tons of people. One case of peace, versus many of slaughter? The one seems an exception to the rule. People really aren't all basically good.

One case?

Surely you've forgotten that Gandhi started this in South Africa...

...then went back to India.

Jesus also used similar methods.

Guns are nowhere near as effective as courage.

Show courage... turn the other cheek. It works really well. Try it sometime.

The best way to expose evil is to let it play out... people will see the truth faster...

If you start killing the killers, it blurs the line between right and wrong...

...that is why noncooperation worked so well.

It amplifies the evil.

Your thinking is dangerously flawed.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

When someone breaks into your home in the middle of the night, do you really think standing there will help? i am not saying that, in some situations, courage isn't effective, but claiming that, because someone was effective that way means ALL threats can be met that way isn't realistic.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

LadyGreenEyes

When someone breaks into your home in the middle of the night, do you really think standing there will help? i am not saying that, in some situations, courage isn't effective, but claiming that, because someone was effective that way means ALL threats can be met that way isn't realistic.

Have you ever had someone break into your home?

Most burglars wait until you are not home.
Most burglars do not carry guns.

Burglars sneak around like rats.

Even on the off-chance you are home, and the off-chance the burglar has a gun, and on the off-chance the burglar intends to shoot you, even if you have a gun, you are still at a disadvantage unless you yourself are also a killer.

Hesitation can cause you a lot more trouble...

A situation like this has no easy way out. People that crazy are not as afraid of your gun as you are afraid of them.

Dealing with people like this is similar to dealing with an aggressive animal.

Hold your ground. Keep eye contact. Do not step back, even one step. No fear.

Pulling a gun is a good way to shot.

Maybe they had no intention of using the gun, they just wanted to scare you. You pull your gun and now they feel they have no choice.

Guns do not protect you, they only make situations more intense, and that is no way to calm a situation.

edit on 20-9-2013 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

applesthateatpeople

LadyGreenEyes

Have you ever had someone break into your home?

Yes. This happened multiple times when I was a child, and some in the neighborhood were HOME when it happened, and people were attacked. the COP friends of my mother's, people she went to school with, said shoot them before they get in, to be sure nothing bad happened. Not all break-ins are from burglars, either. Home invasions, with people in the home, aren't uncommon.

applesthateatpeople
Most burglars wait until you are not home.
Most burglars do not carry guns.

Burglars sneak around like rats.

Again, not all break-ins are burglars. Where I live, which is mostly low crime, there have been rapes where the person entered the home, at night. Unarmed residents were all victims. Someone entering MY house like that would not exit on their own.

applesthateatpeople
Even on the off-chance you are home, and the off-chance the burglar has a gun, and on the off-chance the burglar intends to shoot you, even if you have a gun, you are still at a disadvantage unless you yourself are also a killer.

My life or theirs? My children or them? No problem. I don't want to have to kill someone, but i will, if necessary.

applesthateatpeople
Hesitation can cause you a lot more trouble...

Training with a weapon means a person knows how to use it. Knowing you could die if you don't is excellent motivation, too. Guns stop crime all the time. One old friend of mine posts weekly stories on how a gun owner stopped a criminal. It's not uncommon. They don't tend to make national news, but they happen.

applesthateatpeople
A situation like this has no easy way out. People that crazy are not as afraid of your gun as you are afraid of them.

Dealing with people like this is similar to dealing with an aggressive animal.

Hold your ground. Keep eye contact. Do not step back, even one step. No fear.

Add, steady aim, and shoot, and you are on track. Anyone entering my home uninvited is a threat, and I will defend my children and myself. I have excellent aim, too. Clean-up would be a pain.

applesthateatpeople
Pulling a gun is a good way to shot.

Do you mean to be shot? If they have a gun, they aren't there for fun and games. I know my home better than they do, too.

applesthateatpeople
Maybe they had no intention of using the gun, they just wanted to scare you. You pull your gun and now they feel they have no choice.

Sure, they might intend to rape first, then kill you. You act brave. I will shoot.

applesthateatpeople
Guns do not protect you, they only make situations more intense, and that is no way to calm a situation.

I could list quite a number of links that prove this isn't true. Would you like to read some stories?

10-year-old chases off attackers

Store clerk chases off robber with gun

Pawn shop owner chases off armed robber

Armed citizens chase away home invaders

Little old lady runs off five robbers from her store

82-yr-old bar owner chases off armed robber

Gun owner wins against home invaders

There are TONS of these stories. The criminals flee, and the would-be victims aren't.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You forgot about all the stories where children gain access to daddy's gun...

Your right to own a gun, means an idiot's right to own a gun too.

Read my earlier posts on this page and the page before...

I live in Detroit. Every neighborhood here is a bad one...

I have had a gun pulled on me twice in life. Neither of those times did I need a gun to get out of the situation.

You go ahead and shoot all the people you want. Killing a man will leave a darkness inside you. It happens to the best of people.

You kill the wrong person, and you may very well invite more trouble than your little six-shooter can handle. Happens around here all the time.

And when that happens, will you still think you have protected your children?

Violence does not prevent violence.

Violence does not protect you from violence.

You make it sound like it's so easy to shoot someone. Sorry, it's not. Maybe it is for you, but not most people.

If everyone has a gun, you think that makes us safer???

Seriously?

You make it sound like guns should grow on humans.

You think if everyone had a gun, there would be no rapes or home invasions?

You think gun can clean up a city?

Why isn't police work more effective if guns can clean up a city...

Well, I guess shooting everyone would end crime...

Lol... I don't get it. Why are people such cowards?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This old chestnut again.

Comparing gun control laws in the USA and the UK is classic apple and pears.

Gun ownership is engrained in US society and psyche.
Prohibition of anything that is as customary as the Right To Bear Arms is in the US always has a negative effect, The Volstead Act is proof of that. The introduction of UK like gun control laws in the US would be catastrophic.
Does that mean that there shouldn't be any review of current gun control laws?
I'm not sure - that's for you guys over there to decide - your country, your business.

But as an outsider looking in I'd say that something has to be done - what's happening now isn't working - but I suspect that maybe a reflection of deeper issues within US society - but like I say, the US knows best what is right for the US.

And exactly the same applies over here in the UK.
The FACT of the matter remains that gun ownership is not and never has been as common here as in the USA so what is right for you most definitely is not right for us in this instance.
This may surprise many in the US but even the vast majority of criminals, not just petty or opportunist criminals but professional one's as well, do not carry guns when committing crimes.
Gun crimes are still very, very rare and tend to make national news when they occur.
Yes, many can gain access to illegal guns if they so desire, but most wouldn't have a clue where and how to go about getting one and they are still exceptionally rare.
The vast majority of people don't want to see any relaxation of our gun control laws.
Yes, violent crime is an issue over here - all joking aside the UK can be a very violent place at times - but it's not as bad as is sometimes made out, even shouting in an 'aggressive manner' can be deemed a violent crime depending on circumstces.

The UK has enough problems at present without compounding them with increased availability of guns.

The USA has enough problems at present without compounding them by implementing UK like gun control laws.

Horses for courses.

edit on 20/9/13 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Too late to change things in the US now, there is no way of getting rid of guns after all these years, that will never work...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

applesthateatpeople

No, I didn't, and they are outnumbered by the sort I posted. FAR outnumbered. In those cases, it's typically parents that didn't bother to ever teach their children about gun safety. My mother had a gun when I was young. We knew, and we also knew it blew big holes in things and could kill, and not to touch it. And, we weren't left unattended when too young to know better, either.

applesthateatpeople

Rights are for all, or for none.

applesthateatpeople

I have had a gun pulled on me twice in life. Neither of those times did I need a gun to get out of the situation.

In Detroit? Consider yourself either very lucky, or divinely protected, then.

applesthateatpeople
You go ahead and shoot all the people you want. Killing a man will leave a darkness inside you. It happens to the best of people.

I don't WANT to shoot anyone, but I WILL shoot someone that breaks into my home, and threatens the safety of my children. Allowing harm to come to them would be a lot darker.

applesthateatpeople
You kill the wrong person, and you may very well invite more trouble than your little six-shooter can handle. Happens around here all the time.

If it's that bad, MOVE. Hint: it's Detroit, and its that bad. Besides, I don't use a "six shooter". I prefer a nice Glock, with a good amount of rounds and fast reload time. Hollow points.

applesthateatpeople

I know very well how to take care of multiple threats. In the part of the country I come from, that's virtually genetic. Messing with mine is a BAD idea. If they break in, believe me, THEY picked the "wrong person".

applesthateatpeople

Self protection does, and violence does, too, on occasion. Do you need more links?

applesthateatpeople
You make it sound like it's so easy to shoot someone. Sorry, it's not. Maybe it is for you, but not most people.

If they threaten my family, damn right it would be easy.

applesthateatpeople

Seriously?

If only the criminals have guns, do you think that makes us safer? Seriously? Living where you do, most of those guns are illegal. Think about that. Places that allow gun ownership ARE safer, Statistics PROVE this.

applesthateatpeople

It's a proven fact that less are successful where more home owners have guns.

applesthateatpeople

Are you kidding....?

applesthateatpeople

The 82-year-old was a "coward"? The other elderly woman that chased off five would-be robbers was a "coward"? That's a pathetic argument.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

applesthateatpeople
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Read my earlier posts on this page and the page before...

Seriously?

You think gun can clean up a city?

Well, I guess shooting everyone would end crime...

It's funny how you you can forget all those stories of people defending themselves.
By the way it's an idiots right to not own a gun too.

You should drop the coward line also cuz it dont fit the situation.
Try putting the worlds bravest chicken in a cage with the worlds most cowardly lion.
You will end up with mcnuggets. All because the lion had a slight edge.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a: there is no point in taking your guns, since you got way to many.

b: since you got way to many guns, its easy for the so called "criminals" to get a gun and robb you.
to your question with the government, they already doing #, you got your guns and you do nothing about it, so your questions is rather unlogical

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

warriorscholar81
Ok, so lets say that society reaches the point where we say no more guns. They are too dangerous so we will glady turn them in. Alright so now guns in the hands of the citizenry no longer exsists.

A. How do we protect ourselves and our property from those that would seek to do us harm, (criminals who did not turn in there guns)?

B. How would we defend ourselves in the event of tyranny from the govmnt or in a more unlikely scenario foreign invasion?

First of all you' re assuming that these two questions have merit.

Protection. I think in most cases of robbery, better to just give them the wallet than kill them. you kill them you got noting but trouble . better to give up your wallet. and make some phone calls. I'm with you on the out of the ordinary assault , that seems to be, more common these days.

Government tyranny , well that's always the big threat. And a ready supply of arms can be viewed as an asset.

I'm just saying that we may be at a point that not everyone should have a firearm. something to think about with what seems to be an increase in well armed irrational behavior as of late.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Nerf the world. Rubber bullets for everyone. Don't worry, if the impact don't kill you cancer, aids, disease, famine, drunk driving, cigarettes, airplane exhaust, chemical burning, farts, too many apples, too much oxygen in your blood stream, dementia, biological weapons, radiation, someone with any kind of fight training, waking up in the morning, going outside, riding the bus, holding your breath, taking your kids to the park, can and will kill some of us. Just the mere act of being born guarantees your death.

Get over yourselves, both sides, and realize neither opinion friggin' matters (cant cuss because we are all kids). If it did you would not be on this forum. You would be bangin' females/males with a big pile of coc aine.

And that is the purpose of life kids.

Straight from the streets of Oakland, worst gun violence rates in america.

I know i breached some of the ToS or whatever, but quite frankly i don't give 2 clits.
edit on 20-9-2013 by tokinjedi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join