It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for all the anti-gun folks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

LMFAO

I do live in Lala land, remember its a place called "not America" where the VAST MAJORITY of people share my opinion that guns have no place in a civilised society.

time and time again the pro gun side talk about guns being a necessary evil and then turn around and say things like "their not bad" you guys make me giggle

Is it really so hard for you believe that people can be anti gun without being brainwashed?
Kinda says something about your mentality right there.

For the record Im not completely anti gun, I understand they are necessary in many cases for hunting and farmers need them to protect livestock etc etc
Im anti idiots who live in cities having guns, basically if you live in a city and you want a gun your an idiot, or paranoid and have drunk the cool aid.

Hope you get a nice big assault rifle for Xmas

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

warriorscholar81
reply to post by roughycannon

Then you and I sir would not get along, with all due respect.

Would you shoot him?

How did this thread get so long, when it's obvious you're just trolling for a battle.

"What would you sissys do."
"Oh well then if you're OK with that! I'm not, I loves me guns!"

Why not just start it wit that? So much effort wasted to dance when you're not really a chick in that dress at all..

PS, Proud Fist owner, open carry permit and my aim is pretty good too.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

warriorscholar81
reply to post by n00bUK

Lock your doors, thats your answer? LMFAO, you are aware locks can be picked and rather silently at that. What about outside your home? Just leave to chance I suppose, right?

Yes, those lock picking campers with stolen guns waiting to rape your botty are such a prevalent issue, why it was almost negligent to omit them from your OP.

You asked what would peopel do. Now you're ranting on about what they said.

So you didn't actually care.

I hate this new interface for now I must rewrite myignore scripts.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

TinkerHaus
No, you're NOT doing just fine in the UK. You have an underage pregnancy epidemic

Psst, Pregnancy.. it's not something you catch. Just so you know. Whew, maybe more school.

Umm, so to prevent the pregnancy epidemic, they should be shot? Or carry guns?

Never mind, I don't actually really want to know. This thread is massive fail. I've added far too much already.

hooroo you weirdos...

lol

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

Well, I guess I don't see it as directly off topic, as I try to see the bigger picture. If you are allowed to have a gun in your country for hunting, then you have it in your home, correct? So, wouldn't you then at least have that gun available, if someone broke into your home, with a gun? So, you could in fact protect your family? But would you face more dire consequences for doing so, then say, us in America?
That is just where I was going, I don't always get my explanation out in typing, as clear as it is in my brain.

And I have no problem with other countries not having guns, as I don't live there and it's not my business. As long as someone from another country respects our right to do so here, as that is a right our country was founded on. Since we have had that right for generations, it is felt very strongly here.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Im not going to resort to name calling like you so maturely did "sissies" and good for your fist which I also have. Unlike you however I've actually used mine. Also WTF are you talking about dancing in a dress. Your comments are simple and ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

It is a pointless exercise in regards to the USA, to be honest. Over here, very few people want guns so we handle situations in a different manner (for example, you can use excessive force defending your home).

In America, guns are such a part of the culture that it is never going to happen so there is no point fostering an argument either for or against guns - it is what it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
''Don't take mah gurrrns''...........''Don't take mah gurrrns''.......sickening.

You don't need guns when you've got balls.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Flavian

It is a pointless exercise in regards to the USA, to be honest. Over here, very few people want guns so we handle situations in a different manner (for example, you can use excessive force defending your home).

In America, guns are such a part of the culture that it is never going to happen so there is no point fostering an argument either for or against guns - it is what it is.

I fully agree with you.

However (and its a BIG however), there is an active movement to disarm the US. The issue with that is that so many guns are already present in the populace. Meaning, that even criminals have a higher chance of having guns than in an area where guns are not nearly as common. And if those laws change, in the US, do you think those criminals will just follow right along with confiscation attempts? Heck, the law-abiding citizens wouldnt.

In the end, I think it would have more of an effect on reducing violent crime (including gun crime) if we were to focus on more foundational societal issues that lead to violent acts against one another. That said, I am not so sure that gun control advocates (in regards to the US) have much interest in actually reducing violent crime, since so much of their money goes directly towards lobbying rather than investing in real-world programs that mitigate violent tendencies (like education).

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by TinkerHaus

LMFAO

I do live in Lala land, remember its a place called "not America" where the VAST MAJORITY of people share my opinion that guns have no place in a civilised society.

time and time again the pro gun side talk about guns being a necessary evil and then turn around and say things like "their not bad" you guys make me giggle

Is it really so hard for you believe that people can be anti gun without being brainwashed?
Kinda says something about your mentality right there.

For the record Im not completely anti gun, I understand they are necessary in many cases for hunting and farmers need them to protect livestock etc etc
Im anti idiots who live in cities having guns, basically if you live in a city and you want a gun your an idiot, or paranoid and have drunk the cool aid.

Hope you get a nice big assault rifle for Xmas

Actually, there are a TON of countries with armed citizens.

Do your homework.

From reading your posts it's obvious you have not educated yourself on the topic, you are anti-american, and you have been programmed to think this way.

LaLa Land isn't a physical place - it's that place inside your mind where you ignore fact and logic and instead just live in some ideal place you've created for yourself. Well, ignorance IS bliss.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

That is exactly how I sound when I speak, how did you know? Again will any anti-gun folk make a serious attempt to answer the questions I presented. It's not that difficult or maybe it is apparently.

Not one anti-gun person has done so, instead they show up in droves to belittle and deamean those that support firearm ownership. Then have the nerve to accuse me of starting a thread to pick a fight. When all I really wanted was for someone to provide a reasonable answer to at least one of the presented questions.

Maybe it is good that these people don't believe in owning firearms as they would probally be the first to go out and shoot someone for not agreeing with them. If your going to participate then keep it civil and attempt to answer the questions.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I do care however that is not a reasonable solution to the issues presented in the questions, at least not in my opionion.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I don't personally believe that giving up your gun's in the US will be the answer to any of your problem's.
That's not to say that people taking up gun's in the UK where I live would be the answer to any of our problem's either.
Contrary to popular belief not many criminal's in the UK use gun's....I don't personally know anyone who as been victim of a crime where gun's have been involved.
As to what people do here if confronted by a criminal and we have to protect our home and loved one's?...I don't think it's something that most people here have to give too much thought to. It doesn't keep us awake night's, we don't dread it, or expect it to happen because on the whole it never will.
But in the unlikely event it does happen we tend to deal with it the good old fashioned way. My cousin was woken by an intruder...he kicked 7 bell's of crap out of the bloke.

But again, I do not believe that banning gun's in the US will solve your problems.But let's not be under any confusion that the folk's in the UK need gun's for personal protection....we don't need them or want them speaking for the majority.

Just as a side issue...I've never been to the US but if I was to I would probably be more scared of your armed cop's over there! lol

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I hardly know where to start on this one.

One thing i would like to point out is that the constitution says i can have guns.
You could change the second amendment i suppose. We might as well change the
First and fourth while we are at it. I mean hey, it's just paperwork.
Removing rights from the people is a very dangerous slope to head down and you
Will never get those rights back.

And another thing. Why do i give a damn what other countries think about my gun laws?
Believing that my wife (who is a hell of a shot by the way) should only defend herself
From a much bigger man by using a club is stupid. She will not turn over her guns...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

I appreciate your response as it was respectful. I will say that the same logic applies here as far as not losing sleep, dreading or worrying about something that is highly unlikely to happen, being shot that is.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Free country folks, at least it used to be. In regards to our population numbers, gun crime has never remotely gotten out of control (cept for Chicago, Detroit, etc...). Sure there is bad exceptions, but overall things are more then just fine.

If we start banning guns, might as well start banning everything from knives to the internet, hell maybe even soda. Oh wait!.........................................

Look, good for all you people the world over that want to hold hands and prance around thinking life is carebears and unicorns. Other people need to keep to the pulse of a little thing known as reality. When reality strikes you carebears, yall call on the strong to protect you.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

roughycannon
Well here in the UK, only the criminals have guns and we do just fine.

Violence breeds violence.

So what happens when one of those armed criminals wants to come into your home and hurt you or your loved ones?
Ever hear the saying "don't bring a knife to a gun fight"?
Oh yea, I know. Just call the police, right?
Because when second matter the police are just minutes away.
You know you British folks always have somthing to say about the U.S. and our guns. It's not like you guys ever have violent crimes with oh I don't know.. Meat cleavers or knives though right? Wait wasn't there somthing about a crazy guy with a meat cleaver and an almost severed cops head? Surly not. That sort of thing never happen in the U.K. Because I know if it did then you would all be eating your meals with a plastic spork because knives are evil.
We don't need to get into the fact that nearly ever mass shooting happens in "gun free zones". If just one person in that cafeteria had a firearm and could have returned fire then countless life's would have been spared. And for anyone else out there that thinks they are going to infringe on MY 2nd amendment rights then all I have to say is "COME AND TAKE IT"

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LaWnDarTs

So because of a meat cleaver attack we should arm the entire population of a country with guns? brilliant...

Nearly every mass shooting is a gun free zone? again brilliant... I think the key words here are "MASS SHOOTING"

Rather than ban the guns and take them off the streets so the high school kids can't get their hands on them in the first place and stop the problem at its root cause lets just arm the entire population with guns... BRILLIANT!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

warriorscholar81
Ok, so lets say that society reaches the point where we say no more guns. They are too dangerous so we will glady turn them in. Alright so now guns in the hands of the citizenry no longer exsists.

A. How do we protect ourselves and our property from those that would seek to do us harm, (criminals who did not turn in there guns)?

B. How would we defend ourselves in the event of tyranny from the govmnt or in a more unlikely scenario foreign invasion?

I think a large number of people agree with you. It's the ones who still believe the crap the government tells us that believe guns should be banned.

I dont think they should be illegal for the very reasons you mentioned.

Any single death is terrible and should never happen but you shouldnt ban everyone from having a gun because a very tiny minority of people are bad and go out and shoot innocent people. The ratio of sensible gun owners to murderers is huge its not fair on the sensible ones who just want a gun at home for their own protection.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Completely agree with you. If you want a gun free (or as much as humanly possible) society then you have to tackle serious societal issues such as rampant poverty in certain sections of society. Not that i am saying we have things perfect here (far from it) but it is easier for us because we don't have a gun culture.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join