It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for all the anti-gun folks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

greavsie1971

buster2010

roughycannon
Well here in the UK, only the criminals have guns and we do just fine.

Violence breeds violence.

Seeing what the violent crime rate is in your country you are hardly doing just fine.

We are actrually. If you look at some reports that claim violent crime in the UK is higher than the US, you will see they were fabricated by the UK conservative party in order to fix the figures and finance the police more.

It was bull!!

The crime figures that always get brought up in these discussions are BS, they include things like domestic disputes and bar fights where no one was seriously injured and no charges were laid.

Simple fact is no one feels scared enough to want a gun, in the western world it is uniquely American to feel the need for a firearm.

Charges WERE filed, or else it wouldn't have been reported.

And watching what happens to violent crime after guns have been banned is VERY relevant, as it shows what happens when people no longer have a serious deterrent to trying to rob, rape, murder or otherwise molest another person.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

TinkerHaus

greavsie1971

buster2010

roughycannon

Seeing what the violent crime rate is in your country you are hardly doing just fine.

We are actrually. If you look at some reports that claim violent crime in the UK is higher than the US, you will see they were fabricated by the UK conservative party in order to fix the figures and finance the police more.

It was bull!!

If you look at teh FBI and Home Office crime statistics, which are totally unaltered, and you compare the rates of violent crimes in METROPOLITAN areas, you see that your reply is complete horse crap.

Gun crime?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

warriorscholar81
reply to post by Klassified

Oh you misunderstand, I am fervently against over regulation of firearms and especially against disarmament.

I understood. I was just giving you a helping hand along with the S&F. LOL.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Imagined securtiy? I assure you that the bullet I would put in a would be attacker with a pole, pipe or knife or whatever is not imaginery. So yes there is a sense as well as a real added layer of security in carrying a firearm.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

greavsie1971

TinkerHaus

greavsie1971

buster2010

roughycannon

It was bull!!

If you look at teh FBI and Home Office crime statistics, which are totally unaltered, and you compare the rates of violent crimes in METROPOLITAN areas, you see that your reply is complete horse crap.

Gun crime?

That's the problem, you obviously are going to see a difference in GUN CRIME when comparing areas where guns are available and areas where they are not. That is the problem in your logic.

Instead, you need to measure what happens to crime as a WHOLE both with and without guns.

Many people have no common sense, or real abilities with logic. That's why so many people are so easily force-fed their thoughts and beliefs.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

warriorscholar81
reply to post by greencmp

No you didn't answer anything, rude much?

I assume you are joking too but, just in case... (sometimes it is tough to tell, we need a sarcasm font!)

Question:

A. How do we protect ourselves and our property from those that would seek to do us harm, (criminals who did not turn in there guns)?

Answer:

That's easy, they will station a cop in every house.

Don't you feel better? I think I have answered your silly question, paranoid much?

edit on 16-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
In the UK we are not afraid enough of violent crimes to want guns available to all. In the US you are all desperate to keep your guns. Therefore you do feel that they are needed because of the crime there. Does that not speak for itself?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I love how according to anti-gun folk any study that shows numbers that counter their argument is alwasy b.s. or made up by conservatives, LMFAO.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You were serious about that... OMFG, LMFAO...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

greavsie1971
In the UK we are not afraid enough of violent crimes to want guns available to all. In the US you are all desperate to keep your guns. Therefore you do feel that they are needed because of the crime there. Does that not speak for itself?

No, in fact I don't see the relevance at all.

We're not in fear of violent crimes. We're just individuals with strong desires to protect ourselves and our families. We are people who enjoy hunting, target shooting, building, and admiring firearms. The average person having access to firearms is THE BIGGEST reason we escaped your country and it's tyrannical ways and therefor has been recognized and celebrated as a part of life in our society.

Your country has no problem at all lending support to dropping bombs on innocent people all over the ME - so you have no moral high ground from which to speak.

Guns are here to stay in the USA. You better get over it real fast, or you'll be crying about it until the day you die.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

NO they werent filed in quite a few of the reported incidents, some of them were things like the guys who monitor the CCTVs seeing a scuffle and calling the cops, both parties had left by the time they turned up but it was still counted in the stats as a violent crime.

Ill admit crime has gone up in OZ, not murder, rape or armed robbery,
things like muggings and random assaults after a few too many drinks. Guns being everywhere would not help this at all, in fact would most likely make it worse as these idiots would now have guns!!!

Its not brainwashing for people to believe they can live in a gun free society, Id say if anything its brainwashing and deliberate fear mongering that makes people want them.

Who profits when you guys buy guns again? quite a few of your leaders are involved with gun manufacturers or distributors in 1 way or another if Im not mistaken, but yes its all of us outside the US who have been brainwashed (I want to put an eye rolling emoticon here but cant find one, Ill use a sad face not for the post but because I cant find the right emoticon and that makes me sad
)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

warriorscholar81
I love how according to anti-gun folk any study that shows numbers that counter their argument is alwasy b.s. or made up by conservatives, LMFAO.

But it is a fact. they were ridiculed for it. In the UK is is quite a known fact. Google it. We found it quite hilarious.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

NO they werent filed in quite a few of the reported incidents, some of them were things like the guys who monitor the CCTVs seeing a scuffle and calling the cops, both parties had left by the time they turned up but it was still counted in the stats as a violent crime.

Ill admit crime has gone up in OZ, not murder, rape or armed robbery,
things like muggings and random assaults after a few too many drinks. Guns being everywhere would not help this at all, in fact would most likely make it worse as these idiots would now have guns!!!

Its not brainwashing for people to believe they can live in a gun free society, Id say if anything its brainwashing and deliberate fear mongering that makes people want them.

Who profits when you guys buy guns again? quite a few of your leaders are involved with gun manufacturers or distributors in 1 way or another if Im not mistaken, but yes its all of us outside the US who have been brainwashed (I want to put an eye rolling emoticon here but cant find one, Ill use a sad face not for the post but because I cant find the right emoticon and that makes me sad
)

You're going to have to back these statements up with fact, because here if charges are not filed a crime isn't reported or recorded.

Really? Would you go start a fight if you knew that everyone was carrying? Somehow I don't think most people would.

I live in one of the most gun-prolific states in the USA. Everyone has guns. I also live in a metropolitan area. We have one of the lowest crime rates in the country.
Contrast that with places like California, Illinois, etc, where guns are prohibited to a great extent.. If this isn't starting to paint a picture for you then you are a lost cause. You will never change your mind because the programming is so effective.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

--Robert. A Heinlein

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

warriorscholar81

You were serious about that... OMFG, LMFAO...

Misunderstanding, I was joking, you were joking, I clarified thinking you might have been serious, you were serious, I ended with serious comment (this message)

thought you were offended because no quoted question and the 'rude much'

Whew! thanks for clearing that up-

one more

edit on 16-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

warriorscholar81

A. How do we protect ourselves and our property from those that would seek to do us harm, (criminals who did not turn in there guns)?

B. How would we defend ourselves in the event of tyranny from the govmnt or in a more unlikely scenario foreign invasion?

A. The same way the rest of the world manages it without having a populace armed to the teeth. You know, those parts of the world with no guns and a level of crime and violence that is a fraction of what it is in the States. We like to call the system 'police'.

B. If the government decides to crack down, a few armed civilians will do jack squat against trained military professionals. Whereas if Canada invades... wait, no, I can't treat that question seriously, if any country is ever in a place where they can afford to invade the continental United States, then they will do so with such overwhelming force that again, armed civilian militia will do absolutely jack squat.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

TinkerHaus

greavsie1971

No, in fact I don't see the relevance at all.

We're not in fear of violent crimes. We're just individuals with strong desires to protect ourselves and our families. We are people who enjoy hunting, target shooting, building, and admiring firearms. The average person having access to firearms is THE BIGGEST reason we escaped your country and it's tyrannical ways and therefor has been recognized and celebrated as a part of life in our society.

Your country has no problem at all lending support to dropping bombs on innocent people all over the ME - so you have no moral high ground from which to speak.

Guns are here to stay in the USA. You better get over it real fast, or you'll be crying about it until the day you die.

We have guns for hunting in the UK too. You believe ALL guns are banned here??????????

Many gun clubs here for hunters. Just not available to common folk who have no training in hunting and firearms.

I cant believe you are bringing the ME into this argument after all the drones, chemical weapons (depleted uranium) Nuclear weapons (Japan). Come on. This is ridiculous.

To sum it up as you clearly have the wrong idea about the UK. We have guns. For hunting. Many of them in the country. It is a popular hobby here.!!

Why you so aggressive. Im just saying why we dont want them available here.!

Chill out brother.!!!

edit on 16-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Thank you, practicaly everyone carried in the wild west and for the most part it people were better mannered, spoken and behaved then. You didn't have juvenile thugs hanging outside of c-stores waiting to punch the first weaker looking person to walk outside because it's an entertaining game to them.
We live in pretty f-ed up times and personally I would feel safer if my state allowed me to carry. I own firearms and have been known to have a fiery temper and I have never went out and killed anyone simply because they pissed me off.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Why the aggressiveness boys?

Im just trying to explain why we dont want guns in the UK.

Whats the problem?

I know you want guns and thats ok by me. You have a different culture. Thats ok too.

Chill out !!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

--Robert. A Heinlein

One of my favorite quotes! RAH RAH RAH!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Riiiigggghhhhttt...so the question remains unanswered then.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join