It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for all the anti-gun folks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Its only nonsense until it happens. You anti-gun people try so hard to belittle and demean those that support firearm ownership. It really is pathetic, you accuse us of being paranoid and maybe we are but fail to recognize your own paranoia. Are you really that scared and cowardly that your answer to your fear of maybe, possibly and unlikely being shot one day is to take guns away from everyone.

Go ahead and tell me how then you propose to going about that? I mean really tell me, I would love to know the plan and logistics behind such an endeavor.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Pick any random crime and I could lay out the most likely reason behind it. A lot of crime stems from poverty which causes a sense of hoplessness and despair and/or anger as well as a lack of options and things to lose.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Oh you misunderstand, I am fervently against over regulation of firearms and especially against disarmament.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

roughycannon
Well here in the UK, only the criminals have guns and we do just fine.

Violence breeds violence.

Seeing what the violent crime rate is in your country you are hardly doing just fine.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

I agree with you, its not. Im anti-disarmament.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Lock your doors, thats your answer? LMFAO, you are aware locks can be picked and rather silently at that. What about outside your home? Just leave to chance I suppose, right?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Really I've never heard of such a place and next you will tell me the earth is not flat.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

roughycannon

Not really, I know a few people in the UK with guns.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Op, I hope you don't mind, but I have a question for the people that live in countries other than America.

One other issue with guns here in the US, is hunting. (Yes, I'm pro hunting)
So, is it that you are not allowed to own any gun?
So you can only hunt with a Bow, or something?
Do none of you hunt?

This is just an issue that has confused me, when it comes to countries that don't allow guns, but never gets brought up.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
People seem to forget that countries that have been disarmed have seen violent crime rates increase. The same people also seem to forget that there are intricacies that should be considered when comparing violent crime rates.

I posted a thread with a video that very clearly shows the reality of the statistics.. Here is the video from that thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, you're NOT doing just fine in the UK. You have an underage pregnancy epidemic, and the rates of violent crimes have shot up exponentially in metropolitan areas since your people were disarmed.

The black and white of the matter about you anti-gunners in the UK and Aus claiming that you don't need firearms in the hands of civilians is that you've been PROGRAMMED to fear firearms. Stop trying to brainwash the rest of us.

edit on 16-9-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

buster2010

roughycannon

Seeing what the violent crime rate is in your country you are hardly doing just fine.

We are actrually. If you look at some reports that claim violent crime in the UK is higher than the US, you will see they were fabricated by the UK conservative party in order to fix the figures and finance the police more.

It was bull!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

LOL

I have no paranoia where guns are concerned, its not a reality for most people outside the USA or 3rd world countries to worry about guns. Hell, I currently live in a 3rd world country and no one here is worried about guns. Criminals here use knives and poles to rob people, if as you all say crims will always have easy access to guns how come I never hear about shootings or hold ups over here?

In the western civilised world its only in America that guns are a serious issue.
It is totally amazing to me that you cant see this is a result of guns being (relative to the rest of the world) ridiculously easy to get.

Im over belittling or being condescending to gun owners, it gets no one anywhere.
The only reason I even bother writing here is because I think its important to have balance in a discussion, if people like me dont chime in it just turns into a massive "we love guns" circle jerk.

The sad truth is Americans are now so psychologically dependant on their guns and the imagined security they bring that they will never be gone from your society.

The proliferation of weapons will not make you all safer if TSHTF or if the gov ever comes for you

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
At the end of the day, British people feel they do not need guns to protect themselves. US people feel they DO need guns. I think that speaks for itself.!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Star for you sir

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

And what does it say, because I don't get your point?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If the govt comes for you with their drones, tanks, missiles, airplanes, soldiers etc. what use is a gun?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Also, for those of you that want to ban guns..

Cars kill more people each year than guns. Ban cars?

Heart disease and cancer kill more people each year than guns. Ban cigarettes and other cancer/heart disease causing things?

Drunk drivers kill more people each year than guns. Ban alcohol?

You people have been programmed and the fact that you can skip over these seemingly blatant FACTS and can somehow reconcile this logical fallacy in your mind proves it. You don't care about saving LIVES - you're just afraid of firearms.

If you really want to save MILLIONS of lives, start a ban cars or ban smoking campaign.

Also, what of us lawful firearm owners who would never use a weapon against another person unless our or someone else's life depended on it? What about our rights? What about those of us that hunt, or target shoot, or compete with firearms? Should we give up our hobbies and ways of life because a FRACTION OF A PERCENT of people who have access to firearms can't handle the responsibility?

If your answer is YES, then you should also agree we should ban automobiles and cigarettes, because some people get behind the wheel and become killers.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

greavsie1971

buster2010

roughycannon

We are actrually. If you look at some reports that claim violent crime in the UK is higher than the US, you will see they were fabricated by the UK conservative party in order to fix the figures and finance the police more.

It was bull!!

The crime figures that always get brought up in these discussions are BS, they include things like domestic disputes and bar fights where no one was seriously injured and no charges were laid.

Simple fact is no one feels scared enough to want a gun, in the western world it is uniquely American to feel the need for a firearm.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

warriorscholar81
reply to post by greavsie1971

And what does it say, because I don't get your point?

Really? Read the post above.
edit on 16-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

greavsie1971

buster2010

roughycannon

It was bull!!

If you look at teh FBI and Home Office crime statistics, which are totally unaltered, and you compare the rates of violent crimes in METROPOLITAN areas, you see that your reply is complete horse crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join