It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Navy Yard work place violence or a coordinated attack?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jalbrook

1. Al-Qaeda operatives were incited to wreak havoc in the hopes of crashing the US economy by forcing more money into security services only 4 days ago.

I don't think 4 days is quite long enough to get terrorist agents into domestic USA and coordinate an attack like this.

2. The target is a government building, rather than a civilian structure.

They attacked the world trade center, so I would see this argument is invalid.

3. A 3 man, multiracial team is apparently responsible. This does not implicate Al-Qaeda specifically, but it is less likely that a group of like-minded individuals found each other and coordinated this attack with no overarching organization or outside support.

Disagree. Columbine was perpetrated by two individuals of like mind.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Isn't it pretty much impossibly early to make any real conclusions? I mean come on.

EDIT: well i suppose there is no reason to discuss it in as much detail as there is available, sorry. ignore me.
edit on 16-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

A buddy of mine in the area told me that one of suspects used a stolen ID from staff member of the base.

You would be amazed at what an ID and a charismatic personality can get you into.

Reminds me of sneaking into a concert as part of the crew in my younger days.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I think through NDAA this very will be a terrorist attack. I doubt that Al Q could organize an event in four days but then again it seems that there are always the fringe followers in radical Islam such as the shoe bomber and the Nidal (even tough name as work place violence.) There are probably more domestic terrorists riddled with struggles due to the state of of the US today and the global economy. If you read the comments out there in chat rooms or even on youtube. I am sure there are many people who make comments of distain of how things are viewed in our legal infrastructure.

The witnesses are stating that the perp was dressed in olive fatigues which probably means he had access to the yard as a contractor or even as a spouse.

edit on 16-9-2013 by mcsandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

| carried a drum in to gain free admittance to a high school basketball game, said | was w/the band. Thanks, for allowing Me to get that off my chest.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
HA! I know definitively that it was not work place violence nor terrorism! It was American exceptionalism!

Russia the OP ED

[exnews]
Sep. 16 3:23 PM EDT

Home » Vladimir Putin » Russian ridicules US over Navy Yard shooting
MOSCOW (AP) — A prominent member of Russia's parliament has exploited the deadly shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington to ridicule the United States.

Alexei Pushkov, who heads the international affairs committee, tweeted Monday that "nobody's even surprised anymore" by such an attack, which he called "a clear confirmation of American exceptionalism."

Pushkov, who also hosts a political talk show, serves as a mouthpiece for the Kremlin's most anti-American faction.

In an opinion piece published last week in The New York Times, Russian President Vladimir Putin criticized America for seeing itself as exceptional. He was referring to a speech by President Barack Obama in which he said America's ideals and principles made it want to hold the Syrian government accountable for a chemical weapons attack and, "That's what makes us exceptional."

I think it is poor taste, even if a super power to make light of this tragedy. It sounds very remedial to reiterate their NYT edit so soon and apply it to this event.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Too early too tell, sounds like a couple of mad men. In the article I read it said that uniforms as well as stolen id's were used. That sounds coordinated.

I wonder how many of our individual freedoms will soon be under attack in the coming weeks because of this.

edit on 16-9-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Looks like the usual nut or maybe two with a gun. Buisness as usual.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

That's exactly what I was thinking. What's missing.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
They has stated on Fox, that they are going to go through his cell phone,, and I'm sure computer with a fine tooth comb..........I wouldn't be surprised if they found a communication from somewhere in the Middle East. I had made a comment sort of along those lines last night in another thread.

The state of the USA is going down the drain, and fast.

Anyone else say false flag????

I really hope I'm wrong.

Side note: Glad to see you back Rez. I hope everything is well.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Thanks Polish. All is well. I work a double job through the summer months running a business, so I have very little time. Summer is about over so, naturally, I'm finding myself perusing the pages of ATS once again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join