It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aluminum Airship of the Future Has Finally Flown

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thats a great idea, I'm really looking forward to his "ask me" thread

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HiddenSecrets

Maybe the government will start hauling it down from outer space

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

It's important to note that it's only a similar craft. The material of which the UFO by Los Angeles was made was strong enough to withstand a full-blown assault that turned night into day over the course of several hours.
edit on 16-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Can you give me little summary of that battle, I am not able to read typical english.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You could ask George Knapp about it tomorrow. As it is, there's nothing I can tell you that Wikipedia can't. It uses exactly the same English I do. And if English is not your first language, Wikipedia has many other languages available. The link is in one of the other posts I made on this thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

In this Nova program they discuss and show new technology that allows them to surveillance pretty much an entire City down to inches. They can also use it to move backwards in time to recreate any crime basically. I looked for the clip and could not find it. Very interesting program however..

www.pbs.org...

Edit. I found the clip if you do not want to watch the whole thing. System is called Argus.

youtu.be...

By the way rewatching the clip.. The Scientist fits my description of evil scientist. There is just something about him that is scary.

edit on 16-9-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Paint it Green and its almost a ringer for Thunderbird 2

I always wanted to see a giant airship fly over. Blimps are cool but small fry really. The Graf Zeppelin was Battleship size... would be SO cool to see

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Do you think there is something like UFO? Do you think there is a parallel earth? Do you think that the government used silver to give some discount to UFOs? Are you a martian?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimmley

Yeah, but Amazon delivers! I was watching "Alaska State Troopers" last night and I saw someone in a village carrying an Amazon box around.

We truly are a global economy!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Why are you asking me these questions? The thread is not about me and I get the sense there is no real point to your interrogation other than to ask questions that sound relevant.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I just wanna know your opinion
If there is a thread named " Know AfterInfinity's Opinion" I would like to ask
. and if comes on the thread then why do you think that government will not give discount?
edit on 08/29/2013 by HiddenSecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Do you think there is something like UFO? Do you think there is a parallel earth? Do you think that the government used silver to give some discount to UFOs? Are you a martian?

This is off topic. If you want my answers, U2U me or start a new thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I had almost forgotten about this, read about the concept around a year or more ago. The tech is very cool, cargo and passenger travel is cool, likely use for domestic surveillance - Not so much...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The Hindenburg's frame was aluminum, not balsa wood! that wood has no real strength, there is newsreel of the Hindenburg fire, the frame can be clearly seen.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

You're right, and the author of the story the OP linked to is wrong, claiming it had a wood frame.

You can even see a salvaged piece of the frame here, and it's definitely not wood (They call it duralumin):

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16-9-2013 by Arbitrageur because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My question is how much cargo could this thing take?

Airships by there very nature cannot carry that much extra weight so is this thing really viable as a transporter/troop transport?
edit on 16-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Based on Alien Technology. I have seen the off world version, this is very much similar. A beautiful piece of machinery, I hope they do well.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Doesn't look very durable to me...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
As with all airships it has one fatal flaw - wind - a strong wind will overwhelm its engine power
edit on 16/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

andy06shake
My question is how much cargo could this thing take?

Airships by there very nature cannot carry that much extra weight so is this thing really viable as a transporter/troop transport?
Who told you airships can't carry much extra weight? That's one of their advantages. If you want to carry more weight, just make the airship bigger.

The CargoLifter was designed to carry a 160 tonne payload (about 2.5 M-1 tanks), where as the huge C-5 transport only has a payload a little more than half that (maybe 1.5 M-1 tank equivalent).

If you read the story linked to the OP you would have the answer to your question about the airship this thread is about. It can lift the weight of an M-1 tank plus quite a few troops, so that's not bad.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join