It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only in America…Mindless Violence again!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Please oh defenders of dear America, oh machine people, don’t take me so literal! Just a bit of poetic parody!

Sure other countries have violence but believe me, not as much as good old America, and don’t put as much of their people in jail as we Americans do.

Oh sure, defenders of the holy American culture that I am sure many of you denounce yourselves when your own sacred cows are being trampled upon.

I am a conspiracy existentialist theorist merely ruminating on the hapless people of our country.

I expected just such outrage by the self-righteous and thoughtless that would defend this violent madness.

Cause everything has a price its just that we don’t want to PAY UP!

The BILLS ARE DUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Willtell
~snip~

I am a conspiracy existentialist theorist merely ruminating on the hapless people of our country.

I expected just such outrage by the self-righteous and thoughtless that would defend this violent madness.

~snip~

Oh good. So you're admitting it was in fact a troll post.

Excellent contribution!

Carry on!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Tardacus
Carrying a gun—whether openly or concealed—is currently illegal in D.C. and we all know that criminals and murderers always obey the laws so I don`t know how someone could carry a gun into the naval yard and shoot people.

Even if you load a shotgun on video in DC, your house will be raided, searched and you will be arrested. They just put out a rule that you can be arrested for having spent casings in your vehicle. All the while, you are 10x more likely to be shot in DC than accross the river in VA where concealed and open carry is perfectly ok.

Oh and to answer your question, sounds a lot like Adam Lanza, whom managed to get a rifle and handguns buzzed through a secure spot at sandy hook
edit on 16-9-2013 by kingofmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Sure other countries have violence but believe me, not as much as good old America, and don’t put as much of their people in jail as we Americans do.

Did you really just say that????

How can you defend the fact the government in wanting to take away our 2nd amendment rights, and then turn around and mention our corrupt prison system in the same sentence is beyond me and proves my point that your OP is nothing more than "Manufactured Outrage"!!!

Begging for a Police State in one hand and condemning it on the other?

Carry on though. The more you say the less credible you become!

edit on 16-9-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Indeed, as someone else noted, the slaughter of innocent people by gunfire in Norway would seem to be the recent case of one getting it 'right' with absolutely no American help needed.

The crime scene isn't even clear and some are already making partisan hay from it. I assume you've noticed that beyond this thread as well.

I'll never comprehend this mindset which finds opportunity for points among the dead or dying. It exists tho....and that is an uglier side of America than any shooting, IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It isn't so much how much violence occurs in America, it's the fact that nobody learns and makes changes to the system allowing the same things to happen over and over.

The government isn't out to get you. It wasn't a false flag. There needs to be a policy change on guns.
edit on 16-9-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

It think the OP is just highlighting the inescapable fact that the US seems to be having these types of incidents happen once or twice every month or two. Not to say that gun violence doesn't happen and can't happen anywhere else, just that it seems to happen in the US with alot more frequency.
edit on 16-9-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Willtell
Please oh defenders of dear America, oh machine people, don’t take me so literal! Just a bit of poetic parody!

I'm not buying your back peddling. The intent of the opening post was obvious.
It was a trolling post. You got your backend handed to you. Sorry .. you own it.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Willtell

Oh sure, defenders of the holy American culture that I am sure many of you denounce yourselves when your own sacred cows are being trampled upon.

Cause everything has a price its just that we don’t want to PAY UP!

The BILLS ARE DUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So.. you admit to being a troll then?

I see. Politically trolling, hurray....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Here we go again. Only in America is violence so mindless and random. Only in America are innocent people killed by spree killers now on an average of probably one incident a month.

This simply is not true.
Mindless random violence happens in every country in the world.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

"ONLY", "AMERICA", "MINDLESS VIOLENCE", "AGAIN"

4 words when used in-and-out of context, together and seperately, guarantees to inspire and continue the trolling.

Now I understand....Ill pass thanks

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Im sick of this only in America bollocks. So what they have guns. And they should be able to keep them. If you took them away someone would go crazy with a crossbow. Or mad with a mallet. And theres always some nutjob who would mash everyone up with a frying pan!....Point being if theres some crazed bloke who wants to kill, He will...Guns or not!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Kryties
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Navy Yard: Several Dead.

Chinese Incident: No-one dead.

How on earth can you even begin to link those two together or use the Chinese stabbings as an example is beyond me.

If we're actually going to say one example of depraved murder and/or attempted murder is better or less wrong than another because not enough dead bodies lay in the aftermath to count? (odd, confused look)

Then, lets get right down to brass tacks of the Thread's original premise, suggesting mass shootings are strictly an American phenomenon.

Oslo, Norway (2011); Mass shooting claims 77 innocent lives

Zug, Switzerland (2001); 14 dead, 18 wounded in mass shooting incident

Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia (1996); 20 shot and killed on scene. 15 more killed in immediate aftermath.

Dunblane, Scotland (1996); 17 children shot and killed in spree killing

If the weapon of choice and # of people who don't survive the experience are what we define it by to use an example, the above comes FAR FAR above what happened at the Navy Yard, by any estimates given today. I thought the more recent nutjob in China, free hacking young children with a knife was as fititng ..but there is no shortage of weapon for weapon, body for body comparisons to other nation's major crime incidents, if we must get so morbid as to compare it on those terms alone.

America has more ...we have more guns per capita than anywhere else on the Planet. So, it stands to reason we would. Overall violence against other people by average citizens though? I'd take issue with America being unique or even unusual, once population is taken into account to run Per Capita and not TOTAL raw numbers per year.

What comes unusual is the tool, perhaps....but not man's seeming need to do evil and commit murder upon his fellow man.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Just a comment on the title.

Violence, mindless or otherwise, is a facet of the human condition. Be it in the US or elsewhere. To assume 'only' in the US do things like this happen is not accurate.

It's a shame when something like this happens to good folks just going through their day. To make the leap that only to Americans does that happen? Not with you on that one.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

what like when a dictator gets all power hungry and kills his subjects like some kings of england? or cuba, or Tienanmen square where the police went around with the guns and the citizens had nothing? the naval shipyard shooting that's all going down is in a place where people cannot own the type of gun the shooter is using. the nation south of us called mexico is pretthy fuchin chitty in gun crimes, families getting hacked up with machetes and dead chickens where their guts used to be. charles whitman was a spree killer who was dealt with by men with guns who were incidently there.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Kryties
As is linking a mass murder to a stabbing where no-one died.
If you're going to make points, use good examples is all I am saying

Again .. death count not the same but ... NOT FOR LACK OF TRYING.
The intent was the same ... kill, kill, kill.

No guns in the hands of the public - intention, kill kill kill.. result. no fatalities.

Guns everywhere - intention kill kill kill. result. another (not a one off) mass shooting.

When we all stop pretending then we'll be better off.

Sure, chinese guy could have used sarin gas. Or a bomb. Intention when coupled with planning, sure.

But if it's a spur of the moment thing, there is simply, absolutley, and glaringly, No comparison.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Good point.

Easy to miss, or forget, in the heat of the issue.

But I don't know why we do this every single time.

*have these threads, it's like one a month*

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What was the intent of this thread?

Seems to me that it's only purpose is to provoke and antagonise and it makes no attempt at entering into serious discourse.

Pseudo-intellectual claptrap.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

what mindless violence just good ganja in da washington mon

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join