It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only in America…Mindless Violence again!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Only in America?? Yes, if you completely ignore all other countries. Yes only in America. My god people, use that mushy thing in your head before posting.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

This happened on a secure base where only the security force is allowed to carry weapons. There's reports of more than one shooter. Does this sound like the normal workplace violence to you?

link   
Only in America?

Hardly.

South Africa, Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras - to name but a few - have vastly higher murder rates.

But I agree about guns; roughly three quarters of US murders are due to firearms.

But apparently they don't want to reduce their murder rate to the UK level.

link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Indeed, read Orwell's 1984 where only the government has the tools for self defense. Disarming law abiding citizens gets us closer to 1984, not farther. Inversion indeed.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

DAZ21
We can't blame the OP, yes these things happen all over the world, but no where else on earth is it force fed to us constantly.

Let's blame the real culprits, the media. It's them that shove this in our faces, a shooting gets more news coverage than a bomb in Iraq that kills 40.

or.... you could blame the people that actually committed the crime. I know in ATS world their are some that refuse to ever blame criminals but I think they are more the cause of violence then the media.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Galvatron

Willtell
Only in America…Mindless Violence again!

MASS SHOOTING AT DC NAVY YARD
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here we go again. Only in America is violence so mindless and random.

Only in America are innocent people killed by spree killers now on an average of probably one incident a month.

Only in America will there be speculation and conspiracy theories that this one incident like the others is a black op and NWO plot to take away guns from the masses and do away with the sacred 2nd amendment.

Only in America will we have conservatives form a hive mentality to defend their precious guns.

Only in America will we now have the Liberals blaming this all on guns and not people.

Only in America

Come on boys…Gear up the madness machine!

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

Disgusting and Ignorant. You seem like the type to take any opportunity to subvert eh? This post seems like trolling, but is disguised to make it appear "legitimate". Anyone else agree?

This "thread" leaves the trolling behind and goes straight to harpooning.
Geez.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Willtell
Here we go again. Only in America is violence so mindless and random.

Oh just stop it. That's absurd. There is violence all over the planet .. not 'only in America'.
Trolling with manufactured outrage.
Where is a thumbs down emoticon when you need one?? UGH

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Kryties
Navy Yard: Several Dead. Chinese Incident: No-one dead. How on earth can you even begin to link those two together or use the Chinese stabbings as an example is beyond me.

Oh come on. It's not for lack of trying on the part of the Chinese stabbing guy.
There is violence all over the planet.
To troll manufactured outrage like this thread is doing is transparently silly.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

We could blame them if we knew the agendas of these people that go on shooting sprees.

But you can't know which individual will commit a serious crime, but you can find the cause to alleviate the symptom.
edit on 16-9-2013 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Only in America...really? Have you been to Africa? Do you know what kind of things they do over there? How about the middle east? Where they cut peoples hands off for thievery. In Africa they cut the breasts of nursing mothers so can not feed their babies. So America is the only place with violence huh?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

FlyersFan

To troll manufactured outrage like this thread is doing is transparently silly.

As is linking a mass murder to a stabbing where no-one died.

If you're going to make points, use good examples is all I am saying

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Kryties
As is linking a mass murder to a stabbing where no-one died.
If you're going to make points, use good examples is all I am saying

Again .. death count not the same but ... NOT FOR LACK OF TRYING.
The intent was the same ... kill, kill, kill.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Imagine if the navy yard killers only had knives though.....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Kryties
reply to post by FlyersFan

Imagine if the navy yard killers only had knives though.....

Guns for show, knives for a pro.

The reason why no one died in the China incident, is because the offender didn't know how to use it, but it wasn't for the lack of trying.

Could have been a bad shot too, were he to have a gun.
edit on 16-9-2013 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Actually if you thought it out and did it right you could probaly kill more people with a knife as they are silent and do not draw attention. You could stalk and slit the throats of one person at a time. It might take longer but it could be done. Just a little patience and planning.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

All the while half the state is loading their guns and heading for the men with knives....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Only if and after they are made aware. Those guns wouldn't take back the lives already taken in the intial strike.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

This thread is about mindless violence not just death.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Amen brother!!! Glad to see a lot of people including myself agreeing w/ you.

Should we start handing over our guns now? ( laffs)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Carrying a gun—whether openly or concealed—is currently illegal in D.C. and we all know that criminals and murderers always obey the laws so I don`t know how someone could carry a gun into the naval yard and shoot people.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join