It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey have Shot down Syrian Helicopter at the Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just coming in now on BBC

I'm looking for more info now, can't seem to find anything.
edit on 1692013 by InkontinentiaBouquet because: (no reason given)

(Reuters) - Turkish warplanes shot down a Syrian helicopter on Monday after it violated Turkish airspace, Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc said.

I still can't find a lot on it, it seems to be drowned out with news of the shooting in America.

MOD EDIT
www.reuters.com...
edit on Mon Sep 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by InkontinentiaBouquet

Where is the link, or at least a quote or two. ?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

koperniguz
Reuters: www.reuters.com...

Thank you

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
nvmd
edit on 16-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Seriously, how's that a Thread??

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here you go a little bit more on the shooting...

Two pilots who reportedly ejected from the aircraft before the explosion but were reportedly killed by opposition forces after landing safely on the ground, according to Doğan News Agency.

But we also have this...

Hatay Gov. Celalettin Lekesiz said they had received information about the incident but added that the reports needed to be confirmed. The details are being investigated, he added.

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

tsurfer2000h
"Two pilots who reportedly ejected from the aircraft before the explosion..."

The OP is about a helicopter being shot down. How can pilots eject from helicopters?

If the Turks have shot down a Syrian heli, then they are merely flying with their word. I have respect for all countries bordering the dysfuntional Syria for all the work they are doing with refugees.

Regards

edit on 16/9/2013 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/9/2013 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

This is the 2nd thread I've come across of yours w/ absolutely no information. I see your new... You should go over some of the rules because it's getting irritating ... lol

I'm not perfect either... I had one of my threads dumped and I still can't figure out why... lol

But please... Add more info then a headline. We don't take people's words anymore... We needs facts... Proof ... Info... Names... And a beer. Once we have all that.. We're good! lol

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hmm.. Sounds like something to wait for more detail on through the day. So far we have a Syrian Helicopter shot down....withthe pilots ejecting. (as another post mentioned..I GOTTA see that one... Imagine the obvious issue here)

What kinda gets me on this though? The Syrians were apparently engaged and destroyed by Turkish forces....yet far enough inside Syria for the men to float down into the waiting arms of the FSA...apparently for summary execution.

Why not drift over into Turkey if that were that close? They would have likely lived as POW's, anyway. If they weren't close enough?? What was Turkey DOING firing on a Syrian helicopter inside Syrian airspace anyway?

Something is very wrong about this whole thing?

(From a link supplied above)

Turkish military aircraft taking off from a base in Malatya shot the M-17 helicopter after it allegedly continued to violate Turkish airspace despite repeated warnings, after which the chopper fell onto Syrian soil, Arınç said.

No sense... It makes no sense... Every Syrian in the war by now has to know that capture by the FSA means death. Usually, very hard and very messy death they seem to enjoy dishing out. Yet...this happens? Hmm... I'll be real interested to hear reports in a few hours when some facts have been gathered to report.
edit on 16-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I didn't mean to do it like that, I heard the News readers mention it so I started the thread thinking I would add the link but people came here before the links and I've ruined my thread.

If I could start over I would say that I think Turkey is being provoked by someone for some reason but I don't trust any of the sides involved.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

InkontinentiaBouquet

I didn't mean to do it like that, I heard the News readers mention it so I started the thread thinking I would add the link but people came here before the links and I've ruined my thread.

If I could start over I would say that I think Turkey is being provoked by someone for some reason but I don't trust any of the sides involved.

FYI for future threads, just type your opinion and what is going on....Give us something and just type in to sit tight while you dig up the details. This way people will wait a few minutes! I clicked on it the second you made it and just started laughing at 3 total words in the thread....You have to explain what is going on and submit your links. Hopefully this helps you down the road!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

The OP is about a helicopter being shot down. How can pilots eject from helicopters?

Now, I don't make the news I just post what they report.

It does look as though they updated or changed the story as what I posted is no longer part of the story..But that is a good question.

Although in the original story they said there were eyewitnesses that said it was a plane so who knows what was shot down.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Heck OP, I gave ya a flag. (Just did)

If someone with a hundred threads under their belt opened an OP like that? We'd have ourselves a big ATS Roast with the OP as the guest of honor. lol.... Seen that happen enough times..

That's just not right when someone is brand new though, eh? At least you had the courage to jump right in, despite (obviously) not being entirely sure of what you were jumping with. That means more to me than someone taking 2 hours to write their first masterpiece of an OP with total precision. Really!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh dear lol, I wanted one of my first threads to be a parody of Audens O Tell Me the Truth Aout Love that I wrote whilst feeling creative and thought I'd get round to it but nooo, I'd rather state that the news reporters are reporting news. This could have all gone so differenly haha.

On the plus side, it's worth clicking to see Sheldon smiling I think.

P.s, thank you for the flag.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

InkontinentiaBouquet

It's not a race to see who can get the subject posted first. It's a race to see who can get the thread posted first with the most available information as possible with links to the source of your information.

OP, your threads will get better with time.

edit on 16-9-2013 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thank you all for your patience. I like it here already. I will try a lot harder in future.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'll bet ya some of those ATS points they are hiding back there somewhere, you're an old pro at this for how it works inside a month or two. lol....

I think your reaction to the sharp criticism says everything. As a brand new user, especially? I like your style.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
good find op i had not heard about this today strange a helicopter fell into syria

helicopters normaly fall down must have been right on the border

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
At least one of the pilots managed to parachute out, just to be turned into swiss-cheese by the rebels.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join