It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

### HELP! S.O.S. HELP! -- ATS.5/3 Issue Tracking Help Needed -- HELP! S.O.S. HELP! ###

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Looks nice too.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord
The Social Wall is back:
The return of the "Social Wall" to ATS.5/3 -- But revamped with more.

Yikes, I just tried to post on someone's wall and got this message: "You do not have permission to post in this forum. (1)"

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

It works now.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
1: new new emoticons are not displaying properly for me (black lines offset from green circle).

2: bottom line of peoples signature is cut in half and cannot really be read (note: only if they have filled the signature box).

3: when an announcement bar is at the bottom of my screen any inset video will overlap the announcement when I am scrolling the page (and only the video, the post will not cover it).

nice job on the new format. now that I have become more familiar with it I find it easier to use.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think it would be helpful if there were some sort of notification function informing a member that they have unread messages in their inbox. If, for instance, a member were not a habitual user of the messaging system and did not make a habit of checking their inbox, they would never know if they had any messages until they thought to check. Given how sometimes an important chain-letter is sent by moderators or administrators, this could pose a problem.

edit on 19-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
I think it would be helpful if there were some sort of notification function informing a member that they have unread messages in their inbox. If, for instance, a member were not a habitual user of the messaging system and did not make a habit of checking their inbox, they would never know if they had any messages until they thought to check. Given how sometimes an important chain-letter is sent by moderators or administrators, this could pose a problem.

edit on 19-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

This already exists. When you have no messages, the "envelope" icon in the top right (between the RSS feed and and search buttons) is just an outline. When you have messages, the icon changes to a fully colored white icon as an indicator you have new messages.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Oh, thank you!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Here's how the icons appear in each ATS theme, both empty and full:

White Theme

Dark Theme

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The replies are showing up now on my PC and iPhone.
~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I don't know if anyone has said this or if it's been addressed but will there be anything that alerts you when you have a message?

NM! As soon as I hit enter I saw the post above me.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

ATS seems to have some lag time tonight, boss. You working on things? Or is it my ISP?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Should be better now.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Sorry, my message was poorly worded. What I meant was, if I go to my profile and look at the list of my posts, I click on a post to go to the thread, and nothing happens, but it's a moot point since it's working now. May have been a problem with my browser. It does weird things if I have a page open with Flash.

As for the icons below the avatar, I thought they all should do something. Now I understand that only the "sillouette" icon brings up the menu.

edit on 9/20/2013 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What about the backward slashes in my signature? Is that a bug? Because I didn't put them there, and every time I try to take them out, they pop back in.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

10. "Unflagging" a thread does not "take". Link 1

The unflagging of threads you've flagged is now working.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

13. Links to posts invalid in "modified" thread views. Link 1 Info 1

This one is fixed.

Since it's so difficult as to border on impossible to calculate the correct page in the "posts in thread" view, the link push-pin has been removed from that view.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yeah the same thing happens to me. Just remove the quote ( " ) markers until it is fixed and you should be fine. Worked for me. ~$heopleNation

edit on 20-9-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have a question: Is there any way at all to return to the old format before 9/9/2013.??
I am not at all comfortable with the new layout, and I find it slows discussions, reading, researching
immensely. Are we being slowed down intentionally.??

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Hey SO. Thought you might want to see this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Big gap between the OP, and the first reply.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Klassified

Hey SO. Thought you might want to see this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Big gap between the OP, and the first reply.

Looks like an errant closing italic tag (see source code for this user's sig below):

<div class='signature'>The one great mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets. <br /> Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. <br /> The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.</div></i></b>

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join