It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

### HELP! S.O.S. HELP! -- ATS.5/3 Issue Tracking Help Needed -- HELP! S.O.S. HELP! ###

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

One thing I noticed immediately (probably already noted by someone) is that when in my profile, listing the messages I've left, I click on a link to go to that thread and see if I've gotten replies, and nothing happens.

Also, the links (little icons) under people's avatars don't work either.

That aside, I like the new look, although I could do without the huge emoticons and text when typing messages.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I don't think so my friend, I just seem to not be able to locate my replies on my PC or my iPONE as of late. At one time, Both worked until recently. It's no big deal really to me though, I can deal with that for now.

I never get any kind of response whatsoever for some strange reason. Who knows at this point though? All we can do is try to help out if we can. Other than that, everything works fine on my end, and on my iPhone, iPad, LapTop and PC. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

SheopleNation
Skep, The replies buttons are not working whatsoever now.

Are you referring to the replied-to private messages that come through the message center?

If so, I'm not seeing the same thing. I clicked through to this post of yours through the reply notification.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

AntiNWO
One thing I noticed immediately (probably already noted by someone) is that when in my profile, listing the messages I've left,

There's no way to leave messages in your profile right now, so I'm not sure I understand.

Also, the links (little icons) under people's avatars don't work either

You should have a private message from me, sent via clicking the icon in your profile.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I've noticed links not being displayed on threads linking to an external source to the article posted. Has this been an issue? I've noticed this in both Firefox and IE...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Propulsion
I've noticed links not being displayed on threads linking to an external source to the article posted. Has this been an issue? I've noticed this in both Firefox and IE...

There's not much I can do without an example.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
Isn't this on the master list already as #7?

Yeah. Missed it. Made the update minutes before leaving the office. I applied a strike-through.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This one...

9. "Archive" thread list sorting order. Link 1

Was just fixed. Though I will be updating the page soon to include pagination of some type for the default chronological view.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Hi Skeptic,
I love the new interface, it's easy to read. I can't understand why there're such complaints. I'm still learning the new AtS but it looks SO COOL!! Congratulations for the huge work.

I come to ATS every night. I'm always on an Ipad 4/Safari. With I can help somehow just call!

(And I DO like the smilies too!)

Oops: is it on purpose the preview background button shape is missing?

edit on 18-9-2013 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
12. Can't "unfavorite" or "unsubscribe" without page refresh. Link 1

The complaint...

Im having an issue where if i Favourite a Thread or Subscribe it, i cannot right away Undo them... i have to refresh the page then click on the icon to undo it.

I don't consider this an issue since there's no real-world use-case where someone knowingly clicks a subscribe button, then immediately want's to unsubscribe -- other than accidental click.

Given the Ajax method, there's no viable correction for this as the action is "subscribe" at page-load, "unsubscribe" at next page-load.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
13. Links to posts invalid in "modified" thread views. Link 1 Info 1

Original complaint:

One more thing I noticed is that when you are viewing posts in a thread from a specific member (or for just your own posts), the link locations to individual posts are no longer necessarily valid because they contain the page number of the modified view, not the actual page number in the whole thread.

I can't replicate this. Do you have an example?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

S.O., I too have seen this recently. If I see it again I'll post it here for you to try yourself.

edit on 9/18/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

My vote is let the senior members do the list of tweaks and the prbblem list. Reach out to some of them and LISTEN TO THEM. Their senior members, because folks LISTEN TO THEM. Listen to your membership. They are after all the heart & soul of ATS.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Original complaint:
One more thing I noticed is that when you are viewing posts in a thread from a specific member (or for just your own posts), the link locations to individual posts are no longer necessarily valid because they contain the page number of the modified view, not the actual page number in the whole thread.

I can't replicate this. Do you have an example?

Sure, here is an example:

When viewing this thread, if I would like to provide a link to your post (the one I just replied to), I can right-click on the "Link" icon for your post and copy the link location, which is as follows:

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread971023/pg5#pid16955980

It is on page 5 of the thread, with the proper post ID, and the link will work. Linky

Now, if a thread is very large and I would like to view just your posts in the thread so I can include a link to one of your posts, I click on your user profile icon and select "posts in thread". Now I am viewing only your posts in the thread (the "modified" view referred to in the description). I locate the post I would like to include a link to, right-click on the "Link" icon for your post and copy the link location, which is as follows:

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread971023/pg2#pid16955980

This link will not work. The post is actually on page 5 of the full thread. The post ID is correct, but the page number is 2 based on the modified thread view. Linky no worky The link will just take you to page 2, because the post is really on page 5.

I can see where it would be difficult to include an adjusted page number in the link.

One possible solution is to provide a link like this in the modified view:

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread971023/pg2&mem=SkepticOverlord#pid16955980 Linky

The link will take the clicker to a thread view of only your posts, but at least it will go to the proper post.

Another possibility would be to just remove the "Link" option from posts when viewing only a specific members posts in a thread.

Lemme know if this explains it well enough. Thanks.

edit on 9/18/2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: more

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Hey SO, that custom code you were talking about worked a charm. Now when I click the link to go directly to one of my posts, it's perfectly placed. Not too high, not too low. Well done.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Working on a revamped social wall right now. Staff is testing it.

Sneak peak...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
This one didn't make into the master list, but it's been an annoyance.

When clicking through to a specific post on a page, the menu will overlap the top few lines of the post.

This has been fixed, the post now begins just a few pixels below the sticky menu.

The overlap is still there for me, okay I said before the toolbar.. you call it the menu, but the point is that it is still an overlap. Put it this way, only some of the icons are overlapping, and they are the from the far right of the menu, have dropped down a line, and appear starting from the left. There are a heap of other issues as well, PMs are unreadable unless you go to 'properties' and access the URL and post it in a searchbar and access them that way, which is not so good. The image upload appears to work, but the actual image is not available, or that the bias is to the right and not accessible to me, since that is where a portion of the screen is so I can't even give you a screen capture of anything.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Are you referring to the replied-to private messages that come through the message center?
If so, I'm not seeing the same thing. I clicked through to this post of yours through the reply notification.

Sorry for the delay Skep.

Yes, The replied to private messages, which as you know my good Man, has always shown poster's who reply to one's posts, not messages. Never quite understood that one, but no matter.

Also, same thing after clicking the 'see replies to your threads' green icon button on the top right of the menu bar, which is located right next to the green 'go to your list of posts' icon button. it shows no replies in either, but just so you know they both did on my PC and iPhone last week, just not now. Both IE and FireFox.

I know this is not just my issue, someone posted about it in the chit chat forum, and even posted a screen shot. No big deal though my friend, just wanted to give you a heads up last night so you could add it to the list of headaches that I know you're dealing with right now.

Love the New ATS though. ~$heopleNation

edit on 18-9-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Klassified
Ok. I got out my old 15 inch laptop, which runs a screen resolution of 1024 X 768. Everything looks perfect on ATS. No cutoffs on either side. Text wraps properly. And I'm able to click the time signature to the right of threads I've posted in.

So this doesn't seem to be a problem with ATS's new layout. I will however, get out my 1280 X 1024, and see if there's any difference.

ETA: Forgot to mention. I used Firefox.
edit on 9/16/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

I said I would do this, and I have. Everything looks and works good at 1280 X 1024 on Firefox, Chrome, and IE10. Although IE10 doesn't run near as good as the other two on ATS. No surprise there. That's why I quit using it years ago.

I did try IE8 from a friends computer, and noticed more problems than any other browser I've tried. Again. No surprise there. It's obsolete, and no one should be using it, anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join