Shots Fired Inside US Navy Base In Washington

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

A gunman has reportedly barricaded himself inside a room after shots were fired inside a building at the Washington Navy Yard.

According to the Washington Post a police officer was shot nearby.

The US Navy says there are reports of multiple fatalities and injuries in the attack, inside its Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters.

"There is one confirmed injury. Emergency personnel are on scene and a 'shelter in place' order has been issued for Navy Yard personnel," the navy said in a statement.

Shots Fired Inside US Navy Base In Washington

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is still breaking I will add more sources as i find them

According to the BBC

Personnel at the base have been ordered to "shelter in place", the Navy said.

The US Navy said shots were reported to have been fired at the Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters at the yard in south-east Washington DC. Dozens of emergency vehicles have converged on the site.

As many as 3,000 people work at the command, which engineers, purchases, builds and maintains ships and submarines for the Navy.

US Navy Twitter feed for further up-dates

According to USA Today

WASHINGTON -- A "shelter-in-place" order was issued at the Navy Yard here after "several" people reportedly were shot Monday at the Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters, the Navy said. Washington's Metropolitan Police Department reported that four people were shot and that a suspect was on the loose in the building.

The shooter was described as a black male with a dark complexion, approximately 5'10" to 6 feet tall, 170 pound with a black shirt and black hat. He is believed to be barricaded somewhere and have multiple guns.

The Navy released a statement saying only that one injury injury was confirmed, but later said on its Twitter feed that "several' people were injured. The Navy said earlier tweeted that there was an "active shooter" at building 197 at the Navy Yard, and that three shots had been fired at 8:20 a.m. ET.
edit on 16-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

CNNare reporting much of the same

At least one person was injured Monday after a person fired shots inside the Washington Navy Yard, the U.S. Navy said. An official told CNN's Barbara Starr that "several" people sustained injuries, according to phoned-in reports from the building. The incident occurred at 8:20 a.m. when several shots were fired inside the headquarters for Naval Sea Systems Command in southeast Washington, D.C. An "active shooter" remained inside the building, the Navy said.

Additionally here is some early news footage.

edit on 16-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the updates, this really sucks. Praying for those involved and for this to come to an end soon with no more loss of life.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thread already started

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by creepykreeperson

I really wish people would start using ban to post breaking news like this.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I tried and for some reason it would not post or it would be there.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Almost every thread I have ever started in BAN has been moved, almost immediately...for one reason or another. ALMOST without exception. I stopped even trying to post in it quite some time ago for that reason. Easier to post in a dedictaed topic forum than try to second guess what is permissible in BAN, IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

meh fair enough

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Looks like those strict gun control laws that D.C. is known for are really working out. Oh and whats that, the site of the shooting is a gun free zone you say. How could this be? You mean someone with no concern for rules or laws broke them. Who would have thought?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Wow

3 potential gun men!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
False Flag Op.

In!

Said it first.

Ah Mondays are gooooood.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

MarsSentinel
False Flag Op.

In!

Said it first.

Ah Mondays are gooooood.

and you base the "False flag" on what exactly

what proof do you have,

people are dead and injured and you fly in right away with the "false flag" line with zero proof.

shame on you.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Already posted on the other Thread going on the current events forum....

Sounds pretty bad!

Wonder what the reasons are for this one??

2 Gunmen... one dressed in black and another i army uniform!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
According to BBC news there's more than one shooter, anyone heard that ?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
While I am not making this claim, but it would not surprise me the very least if this ends up having something to do with that alwhateverfrack guy calling for attacks on us soil

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by scrog77

yeah lots of reports saying than 3 shooters or so

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have to agree that it is strange that this incident takes place a few days after the talk and agreement with Syria!

It's as if something had to happen to take all our minds off of Syria!

This does seem to happen a lot i he US.... really have to wonder whether having guns is he best thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That is all coincidence that this point unless someone has some evidence of a false flag that is just speculation

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
this happens daily in chicago in black Community. But once it happens in a white community, it makes headline news for a week.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

camaro68ss
this happens daily in chicago in black Community. But once it happens in a white community, it makes headline news for a week.

What you have a shoot out on a military base every day?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join