It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare to Question Your Sex Life

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Questions about your sex life. Questions about your 'social' history. All on electronic medical recording of questionable confidentiality. Doctors fined for not asking intrusive questions. Welcome to 'pass it to find out what is in it' Obamacare.

New York Post

Are you sexually active? If so, with one partner, multiple partners or same-sex partners?” Be ready to answer those questions and more the next time you go to the doctor, whether it’s the dermatologist or the cardiologist and no matter if the questions are unrelated to why you’re seeking medical help. And you can thank the Obama health law.

“This is nasty business,” says New York cardiologist Dr. Adam Budzikowski. He called the sex questions “insensitive, stupid and very intrusive.” He couldn’t think of an occasion when a cardiologist would need such information — but he knows he’ll be pushed to ask for it.

The president’s “reforms” aim to turn doctors into government agents, pressuring them financially to ask questions they consider inappropriate and unnecessary, and to violate their Hippocratic Oath to keep patients’ records confidential.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Questions about your sex life. Questions about your 'social' history. All on electronic medical recording of questionable confidentiality. Doctors fined for not asking intrusive questions. Welcome to 'pass it to find out what is in it' Obamacare.

New York Post

Are you sexually active? If so, with one partner, multiple partners or same-sex partners?” Be ready to answer those questions and more the next time you go to the doctor, whether it’s the dermatologist or the cardiologist and no matter if the questions are unrelated to why you’re seeking medical help. And you can thank the Obama health law.

“This is nasty business,” says New York cardiologist Dr. Adam Budzikowski. He called the sex questions “insensitive, stupid and very intrusive.” He couldn’t think of an occasion when a cardiologist would need such information — but he knows he’ll be pushed to ask for it.

The president’s “reforms” aim to turn doctors into government agents, pressuring them financially to ask questions they consider inappropriate and unnecessary, and to violate their Hippocratic Oath to keep patients’ records confidential.

Yes, but if you have nothing to hide why should you care!! After-all; maybe some answer you give to the doctor can help the government do an intervention (on your behalf and societies) to preclude any problem for the nanny state that 'only they can determine' will be a problem or benefit for you and society.. Well meaning and wonderful programs .... they need and want to know everything.... Wow I feel better just knowing they care.... As no doubt by your post you do too..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I wonder if pleading the 5th is appropriate for all of the questions that will be asked of us from now on?

This is all getting so much more ridiculous than they could have ever dreamed.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
While the asking of the questions is pretty annoying, if asked these questions in regard to something unrelated I'd just do the same thing I do when I get asked about doing drugs. Lie or not answer the question. I don't admit to anything of record that I don't have to, Hippocratic oath or not.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
A cardiologist doesn't need to know if you are gay or straight. A neurologist doesn't need to know how many sex partners you have or how often you have sex. None of the doctors need to know any of this except perhaps an OB/GYN or a urologist ... maybe an infectious disease doctor. But for all doctors to know these things and for this kind of information to be on electronic information for all doctors and staff to see ... and for the government to see ... it's intrusive and unnecessary. IMHO.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think I'll just bring some video footage to the doctor and let him sort it all out for himself if he really wants to know so bad.... that should traumatize him enough to never ask me for details like that again. The rest of you need to come up with your own plans!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why? I am straight as an arrow and it doesn't bother me in the slightest......Does it bother you if you are gay? Must feel something inside about it being right or not if simple things like this bother gays....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You know what just repeal this whole thing.
Im sick of hearing about it and the more I hear the less I like.
Washington, get out of peoples lives or get out of washington. That's enough.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Chrisfishenstein
Why? I am straight as an arrow and it doesn't bother me in the slightest......Does it bother you if you are gay? Must feel something inside about it being right or not if simple things like this bother gays....

Gay. Straight. Bi. Transgender. It doesn't matter. It's INVASIVE and UNNECESSARY. If you want to tell a neurologist how often you have sex and how many partners you have .... good for you. I sure don't. It's none of his damn business and it has nothing to do with what he is 'doctoring' me for.

Oh .. and I'm a 'straight' married female who doesn't screw around outside of marriage. So I have no 'social shame' kinds of things to disclose. It's just simply no ones business.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Chrisfishenstein

Gay. Straight. Bi. Transgender. It doesn't matter. It's INVASIVE and UNNECESSARY. If you want to tell a neurologist how often you have sex and how many partners you have .... good for you. I sure don't. It's none of his damn business and it has nothing to do with what he is 'doctoring' me for.

Oh .. and I'm a 'straight' married female who doesn't screw around outside of marriage. So I have no 'social shame' kinds of things to disclose. It's just simply no ones business.

Its just none of their damn business. That's exactly right.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Nephalim
You know what just repeal this whole thing.
Im sick of hearing about it and the more I hear the less I like.
Washington, get out of peoples lives or get out of washington. That's enough.

Unfortunately it's not that easy anymore. Many insurance companies have already updated many of their plans to help implement PPACA and if the bill would be repealed, it would leave more Americans than ever before without medical insurance. We gotta live with it until it fails, so that the politicians can get a slap in the face and hopefully fix it (wishful thinking there...)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Everyone has an opinion I guess....I just don't see how this is that big of a deal

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Last time I went to the doctor they asked if guns were in the house.
I simply didn't answer the question.
That's not relevant to a doctors visit.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is really nothing all that new. The insurance companies have been doing this kind of stuff as long as I can remember (hint: I'm old). You've seriously never answered an insurance coverage questionnaire that asked, 'How many pillows do you sleep with?'

I'm so tired of listening to all the political griping about ObamaCare. I say, let's scrap the whole thing, go back to the way it was, let the system crash (it's crashing now), and then only the 1% will have healthcare. Which is par for the course anyway. I mean, they're already making 20% of ALL the money earned in the country, are the only cohort whose collective wealth has increased during the 'economic recovery', can buy their way around the education system, why not healthcare, too? Turning hospitals into for-profit businesses and doing away with that wasteful 'ya gotta treat everyone' requirement will forestall any more failures. We'll fix it like we do everything else in this country --- infrastructure repair, federal budget deficit, soaring energy costs, et al --- we'll complain, point fingers, blame, and fix nothing.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Yep, that is the easy way around this. Refuse to answer or tell them what they want to hear.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Despite the ever growing sentiment of tolerance in our society there is still some degree of condemnation of gays. A lot of gays fear that resentment for many different reasons like losing there job due to unwilling disclosure of their orientation for example.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

My Primary care doc has been asking me about my sex life for the past 20 years. What's the big deal?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow - I've never read the NYP. And what incredible stories have I missed!

Just now, I can read about "Miss New Yorks pudgy past" (isn't that the woman who gained the title "Miss America"?)
Or "Amanda Knox: Trial hell left me broke and broken" (isn't there still some legal problem back in Italy so she will never visit that hellish place either?)

Or this thing about Obamacare.

I am not an expert on the so-called Obamacare, but you should look at this problem with another view: how about laws on the protection of private data? There should be a law against anyone who wants to look at my or your private data (NSA: I am looking at you right now!..).

How about that thought? More privacy, less problems with governmental datamining.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

Hello Ms. Sibelius, I don't think the debate is over here yet.

Perhaps you should go solicit more funds from your special interests.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is silly fear mongering; a primary care physician will ask many questions that seem out of bounds if they're actually doing their job but most never bother to even ask questions that are pertinent. And after working for pediatricians, I know that asking about 'guns in the house' is SOP to make sure that the guns are responsibly stored. Seeing as how many kids manage to shoot themselves or their siblings from unsecured guns, maybe this needs to be discussed more often. If gun owners were ALL responsible, obviously these accidents wouldn't happen.

As far as your sex life, that can impact your health also; it's not necessarily an intrusion any more than your prostate or GYN exam is... or do you squawk when your doc gets out the rubber gloves?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join