It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
this is a fake story. DC has very strict gun laws. there's no way there can be gun violence there.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Indigo5
their is nothing mandatory about "shelter in place"...it is voluntary and a request,

Like I said .. it's a 'shelter in place ORDER' ... not 'shelter in place REQUEST'.
The very words of the order say ... ORDER. They dont' say REQUEST.

National Terror Alert Center - Shelter in Place Order

Example of Shelter in Place being mandatory - Mandatory Shelter in Place Order issued

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
press conference right now

www.nbcwashington.com...

reporting at least TWELVE fatalities

edit on 16-9-2013 by ML8715 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm getting mixed reports on the MSM channels about the shooting being in the base or right outside of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Please Flyers...

You are playing with semantics to further a falsehood.

Was Boston Actually on Lockdown?
What "shelter in place" really means

“The lockdown is really voluntary, to be honest with you,” says Scott Silliman, emeritus director of the Center on Law, Ethics and National Security at Duke Law School. “The governor said he wants to use sheltering in place.

The “shelter in place” request is legally different from a state of emergency

nation.time.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i do not know how this is such big news here in the u.k what about all the people missing in colarado reports are from 500 to 1200 people and not a word on t.v yet 4 dead in a shooting over all the channels

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

You can find all you want online. I work with people at WNYD every day of the workweek. Others here have as much or more knowledge of it. It is most definitely considered a base, regardless of what you're reading on Wikipedia.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The persons ID used to enter the building was he arrested at home or just questioned?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Latest information from the Base to all base personnel (including me) as of 1408 hrs:

"The crisis situation at the Washington Navy Yard is still active and entry/exit to the base is suspended. The situation continues to unfold and immediate resolution is not expected. Shelter in place is still enforced".

link   
police chief confirming they are still on the lookout for 2 more people involved with the shooting

sidenote: can we stop fighting about the "shelter in place order vs request"?

link   

Indigo5
Please Flyers...
You are playing with semantics to further a falsehood.

No .. I posted information straight from the US government on what a shelter in place means.
Sorry .. but the folks in DC are on mandatory shelter in place.
It's SMART for them to stay inside and out of harms way.
But it's not voluntary. It's an ORDER.

Whatever. You aren't going to listen ...
Moving on ...

link   
reply to post by Indigo5

DC is governed by a general of the military.
It is a order from a general.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Why do you keep beating this dead horse? If you leave the areas that are under shelter orders you will pay a consequence and don't tell me that people in this situation on this thread are wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

ML8715
police chief confirming they are still on the lookout for 2 more people involved with the shooting

sidenote: can we stop fighting about the "shelter in place order vs request"?

Well said !

start a thread on it PLEASE

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

antonioparis
Latest information from the Base to all base personnel (including me) as of 1408 hrs: "The crisis situation at the Washington Navy Yard is still active and entry/exit to the base is suspended. The situation continues to unfold and immediate resolution is not expected. Shelter in place is still enforced".

UNDERLINING the important part for certain posters.

TV NEWS just said that Shelter in place will be enforced for at least a few more hours ...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

DC mayor just called it Naval Command Seat. I understand that "base" stands for "base of operations". This used to be a shipyard and ordnance production facility. Now it is a complex, but not a base. Naval base is at Norfolk.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Indigo5
their is nothing mandatory about "shelter in place"...it is voluntary and a request,

Like I said .. it's a 'shelter in place ORDER' ... not 'shelter in place REQUEST'.
The very words of the order say ... ORDER. They dont' say REQUEST.

National Terror Alert Center - Shelter in Place Order

Example of Shelter in Place being mandatory - Mandatory Shelter in Place Order issued

You are confused...ALL "SHELTER IN PLACE" are voluntary...If it was a legally enforced "ORDER" it would not be a "Shelter In Place"...It would be a "State of Emergency" It is like a storm or tornado warning.

They can call it an order...but they are still without legal consequences. Tornado warnings are the same thing...Yet they don't arrest storm chasers.

edit on 16-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by dam00

They dont know if these two others are involved with it, thats why they are looking for them. They need to find out.

link   
reply to post by antonioparis

What are the moods of the people with you?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Semantics, call it what you want. Coming from personal experience in dealing with it on a daily basis, its a base, in addition to whatever else you wish to term it as.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join