It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Indigo5

I was responding to those complaining that this was tyrannical police-state...that folks had been deprived of freedom in place of security.

That is not accurate...you are free to walk the streets...and make that choice...Just don't be an idiot and take offense that you might be confronted by police and questioned since they ARE HUNTING MURDERING WACKOs in your neighborhood.

I dont blame them, since 911, I have seen the US and UK freedoms slowly but surely dwindle away.

I can say that new laws will probably be proposed as a result of this atrocity.
At the very least, the government will try to use this for their own political gain, now that is certain.
Whether they did it or not, they will use even the most heinous of crimes, and spin it for political gain. Tis the nature of the scumbags that apparently represent us.

But hey each to their own, you keep defending them.

link   
Increased security at nearby mall, most likely just a precaution in case there are more shooter(s) at large

link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You're RIGHT, Indigo.

A person does have a RIGHT to walk down the street.

Then they can have;

The RIGHT to an attorney.
The RIGHT to remain silent.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

Confirmed that one shooter is dead, and that they are looking for two others that are *possibly* connected. One of those others because of some video that was seen, with this guy being on video, a victim going down, then this guy being back in frame with a handgun. They need to contact the guy to find out if he was an actual shooter, or a person that pulled their sidearm because of the shooting starting around him. They dont know yet.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

thesaneone
reply to post by Indigo5

Ask Antonioparis if they can leave.

and the schools are on LOCKDOWN.

Who the hell is Antonioparis? Why should I care? And you spoke of "forced lockdowns" which is false.

School lock downs are protocols of securing the school, not a "police-state"

As I provided with multiple links..."Shelter in place" is a REQUEST, not a legally enforced "State of Emergency"

thesaneone
reply to post by Indigo5

I have no problem with the media alerting the people in the area or the police doing there jobs. What I do have a problem with is forced lock downs and people who accept it as an okay thing to do.

I have no patience for folks that engage in BS and "histrionics" while complaining of the same.

link   
It's not a base. Probably no MP's there. Obviously, there were some police officers, two of them were wounded.

Washington Navy Yard The Washington Navy Yard is the former shipyard and ordnance plant of the United States Navy in Southeast Washington, D.C. It is the oldest shore establishment of the U.S. Navy. Wikipedia Area: 41 acres (17 ha)

link   
There will be another update from the police chief around 2pm Eastern time will be shown on NBC live

www.nbcwashington.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
double post...
edit on 16-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

You're RIGHT, Indigo.

Then they can have;

And the right to sue for unlawful detention? They can and should be questioned, but their is nothing mandatory about "shelter in place"...it is voluntary and a request, not a directive with legal consequences, which would require a declaration of "state of emergency" where folks can be fined.

link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Sorry, you're incorrect, sir. Washington Navy Yard (WNYD) is absolutely considered a base.

link   
It's called a Shelter in Place ORDER. Not Shelter in Place REQUEST.

Shelter in Place

Depending on the exact situation, everyone within a specific distance of the incident may be ordered to shelter in place or people within a closer range may be ordered to evacuate while everyone else shelters in place.

And other links showing it is an ORDER .. not a request.

Shelter in Place ORDER

Navy Yards Shelter In Place Order Leaves Victims Sitting Ducks

The Navy has issued a “shelter-in place” order for personnel, which seems to fall right in line with the notion that you’re not supposed to adequately defend yourself in the event of a mass shooting, but instead put your life and safety completely in the hands of police and other local authorities.

Shelter in Place

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am not saying I agree or disagree with "shelter in place", however if you try to escape you could be entering into a "fatal funnel" and become an easy target for the shooter. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Then again if the shooter can gain access to where you are sheltering in place you would probably be in even worse shape.

Perhaps the answer is to let people carry freaking firearms so they can protect themselves.

I am a police officer and there is no way we can stop a threat before they hurt someone unless we are on scene when it happens. Even if our response time is only a minute, that is more then enough time to unload multiple magazines.

As a LEO I do understand not wanting hundreds of people rushing out of the exits. As stated it creates easy targets for the shooter, increases the chance of LEO shooting the wrong person, and also may give an avenue for the shooter to easily escape.

However these are American citizens and they should be able to choose their fate. If they feel it's safer to flee let them. If they feel it's better to stay that's fine. If they feel they should carry a firearm for protection absolutely.

link   

cheebie23
reply to post by BobAthome

Why wasn't the Fort Hood shooting considered one? or was it?

Its America??,if the criminal in that case decides in his heart that it was his Duty too declare the God of His Oath,
too be dead ,,and Allah his God of choice,, then yes he is insane.

link   
TV NEWS REPORTS .... Navy spokesperson says .... 'THIS IS NOT OVER'

link   

BobAthome
reply to post by antonioparis

I know its off topic, but could u get me some ifrared pics of the 3 Cores at #ushima,, kinda curiuos, where they might be ,, apparently they are lost.

A nice ifrared would be cool, seeing they are probably about 1500 deg. Kelvin

Oops, excuse me pardon me , pardon me, excuse me... Awfully crowded in here my friend, hope you dont mind me bumping into you...

link   

Indigo5

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

You're RIGHT, Indigo.

Then they can have;

And the right to sue for unlawful detention? They can and should be questioned, but their is nothing mandatory about "shelter in place"...it is voluntary and a request, not a directive with legal consequences, which would require a declaration of "state of emergency" where folks can be fined.

Right to sue for an unlawful bullet to the head?

Good luck with that one.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It is a base and the front gate is manned 24/7 with a combination of Navy/USMC MPs and contracted police. I see them everyday. The base is also home to JAG, IG, and some offices of NCIS.

link   

It is a base and the front gate is manned 24/7 with a combination of Navy/USMC MPs and contracted police. I see them everyday. The base is also home to JAG, IG, and some offices of NCIS.

link   
Well, from google earth, it appears to be a good place to vaporize from if the trouble-makers had any kind of an escape plan in place prior to the event. Why does everyone seem to burt out that worn out vaguery "terrorism", are y'all actually terrified?, or trying to sound like that retard Dubya?. Go Shopping!, as soon as the "Shelter in Place" request is lifted, it's good for the economy!.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

I found this. This is more like a HQ or ministry, institute, archive etc. than a base.

The Yard serves as a ceremonial and administrative center for the U.S. Navy, home to the Chief of Naval Operations, and is headquarters for the Naval Sea Systems Command, Naval Historical Center, the Department of Naval History, the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General's Corps, Naval Reactors, Marine Corps Institute, the United States Navy Band, the U.S. Navy's Military Sealift Command and numerous other naval commands.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join