It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

jimmyx

queenofsheba
It's going to be really interesting to see how this turns out at the end of the day, what the "official" version turns out to be. CNN using "Shooting Rampage" on the screen, that ought to grab viewers' attention. Have to instill fear or they might lose their audience.

what would you like them to call it "an orderly shooting"??..."a well-thought-out firing of a weapon"??..."the discharge of ammunition into human bodies"??
edit on 16-9-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

To be honest, "rampage" is becoming as overused in crime descriptions as "repudiate" was out of warring politicians' mouths. It would be less emotionally provoking for the media to simply go with something more balanced, such as "shooting incident", especially since no one knows the motive yet.

Speaking of the media, CNN is still plastering "2 shooters" on the ticker for me (in FL) So which is it, 1 or 2 people going trigger-happy?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie

mikelkhall
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Fox does a good job of bashing themselves.

oh what a witty comeback. i guess if you like to watch the trash networks, CNN, HLN MSNBC you would say that.

i stated facts, that corrected the members post.

LOL, and Fox isn't trash?!?! C'mon man, turn off the propaganda already...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie

mikelkhall
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Fox does a good job of bashing themselves.

oh what a witty comeback. i guess if you like to watch the trash networks, CNN, HLN MSNBC you would say that.

i stated facts, that corrected the members post.

I was just having fun. I don't watch television at all. Can't stand it. Use my computer for everything.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This will be spun as an attack on a military instillation on American soil by a Iranian or Syrian. It will lay the ground works for Obamas war he most desperately wants.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Press conf:

1 shooter dead
2 possible shooters on the loose in olive military fatigues

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

camaro68ss
This will be spun as an attack on a military instillation on American soil by a Iranian or Syrian. It will lay the ground works for Obamas war he most desperately wants.

Possibly. Or they may spin it as a Muslim soldier losing his shiz over military action. Or just a guy hitting his breaking point over Syria. Any reason is possible to theorize at this point.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
Press conf:

1 shooter dead
2 possible shooters on the loose in olive military fatigues

lol. There go the three shooters again. So how do 2 shooters get away with the building contained like it was?

link   

IrishCream
I heard one shooter in all black, even a possible ski mask and a SECOND shooter dressed in fatigues! Everyone was saying at least 2 shooters for well over an hour... while the event was still ongoing... while people were being shot in multiple locations within that one block radius.

I can see "false flag" all over this, no matter what the ultimate agenda!

With breaking news there will always be conflicting reports and false information as different media sources have a different "reliable sources" standard as they rush to break the story.

NPR at least has the integrity to include disclaimers as this story breaks..

As happens when news such as this is breaking, there will be conflicting accounts. We'll focus on information from authorities in a position to know what's going on and from news outlets with reporters at or near the scene. If things change, we'll pass along that information.

NPS coverage here:
www.npr.org...

As for Single Shooter vs. Multiple Shooters...That is ALWAYS the confusion.

Mostly because all law enforcement MUST assume multiple shooters until they are 100% certain otherwise....because they will not be certain on the number of shooters until days later after all witnesses have been interviewed, a timeline constructed and the incident is reconstructed in time and place.

So until they KNOW 100%...they operate as if there are multiple shooters.

edit on 16-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   
Press conference just now, DC police said one confirmed shooter dead and said it's unconfirmed but there are possibly two more shooters, one white and one black, still at large.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Reporting both a white and black male. So we are back to 2 additional shooters according msm, AGAIN asking people to remain indoors while the search continues...

Shelter in home....
Schools in lockdown...

So if you even tried to go get your child, you would not make it...
edit on 16-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

My comment had nothing to do with a shooter's "story", other than trying to figure why certain people do such things and taking measures to try to keep these type things from happening in the future. People are a product of their environment...Find out how to keep people from making such poor decisions...But wait, if society was somehow "Fixed", most of these people who are out there to save the day would be un-necessary.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

ikonoklast
Press conference just now, DC police said one confirmed shooter dead and said it's unconfirmed but there are possibly two more shooters, one white and one black, still at large.

Did the press conference say whether or not the dead shooter died of self-inflicted gunshot or return fire?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The two others that they are looking for are not even confirmed as shooters at this point, so people drawing conclusions about multiple shootings at multiple locations are just guessing. One of the people they are looking for was in a military-style uniform with a beret and a handgun. As if some people think this would be out of place on the base?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I want to know more about the HAZMAT at the childrens hospital. This was on EMS live and nothing else. They did say during the conversation to use Spec Operations line. HRT or SWAT maybe?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Shelter in home.... Schools in lockdown...

If the other(s) are not found soon, wonder if DC will get a door to door search, much like Boston.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ok.

Public shooting. Check.
Get all the media. Check.
State that there may have been more than 1 shooter. Check.
Scare the population. Check.

Lock down entire city and impose draconian police-state atmosphere. . . . Pending.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a 107 year old deaf and blind man 'threatens' his roommate and the FBI, ATF, SWAT National guard is called in , but at our own NAVAL Installation in DC, the local fricking leo are the ones called in?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

EXactly.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
News asking people to report on shooter in tan uniform wearing beret.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ewww, LEO now going to Blackberry to communicate...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join