It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think I Have A Ghost, She Is Trying Very Hard To Communicate...Help

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just a thought but does the landlord change the locks when someone new (YOU) rents the property?

I don't want to scare you anymore than you already are and I don't wish to label the guy over the road as something he isn't but maybe he could have a key If he was friends with/cared for the previous occupant? MAYBE if you're spending time away from the property he could be "visiting" the place himself? This might account for items being moved??

Please note that I'm NOT trying to dismiss your other experiences or that other things may be going on.

Mental illness has many forms and its all too easy to label someone (we all do it) but maybe he's lonely and is hoping you'll be his new friend? By continuing the care for your lawn etc maybe he thinks he's ingratiating himself to you.

Sorry if this was off topic!
edit on 17-9-2013 by souljacker because: I didn't want to do something wrong!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

shells4u
A lady named Ruth died in my bedroom before I rented this place. Before renting I was only told that Ruth had died suddenly, but I had assumed she was in hospital when she passed.

I do not want to discredit anything. But you cannot rule out that you built this up in your brain. I've got a lot to learn on the matter, and I do know that we don't know everything about the brain.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I am sure you are right...today, I feel like an idiot...I started looking at it in a more practical way and the reason I think my shower came on by itself was more to do with water pressure, the fan was a circuit issue, and I think that the guy across the road scared me and then the old lady dying in my bedroom just got mixed up in my brain...easier to confront a ghost than having to confront the living...now that I stepped up and confronted the guy and reported to the landlady I feel better...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by souljacker

Yes...I went to the hardware store and installed a new lock and installed a new chain lock as well...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I notice a lot of coincidences everyday. It comes together more and more. The brain, to me, is like to the ocean. We know a lot, but not everything.

I do believe a few ghosts have been in my presence. I just wanted to say, I feel you.
edit on 9-17-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I just wanted to say, I feel you.
reply to post by Mugen

Thank you for having empathy for me...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

shells4u
reply to post by Annunak1

now I think maybe her death was not an accident....I think I need to just move...

The first thing I would do is check out the whole place with a black light...especially the bathroom, since that's where most of the activity is. Blood stains supposedly show up under a black light even after it's been cleaned.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

aries58

i don't believe in psycics,mediums,channelers,etc..

I just pinched myself, and it hurt... so I definitely do exist. I know I've helped two spirits cross, and there was nothing "woo-woo" about it. I also have experienced things psychically, and I channeled something when I least expected it, so I respectfully beg to differ on all three counts.

The phonies out for money give the rest of us a bad reputation. You'd be amazed at how plain and regular we really are! We still have to keep our true identities hidden sometimes though, because hateful people exist as well, and just like anybody else, we feel the need to protect ourselves.

Since 2008 I've learned that these gifts come from God, and they can be taken away by God if you abuse them or make trivial jokes out of them. I've learned it's not an either/or situation with faith and spirituality; they can walk peacefully hand in hand. I'm happy you've been able to see some of the beautiful things you mentioned!

I offered the OP my heartfelt advice based on my own experiences and what I've learned in the past five years. I'd tell anybody else the same thing. All I can do is speak my truth and hope that I can be of some help. That's what it's all about.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
First of all, do not assume that this is the spirit who is in your rental house. In the past there have been incidences of malevolent entities who have taken up residence in a place where someone has recently passed away, and have used this to hide their true identity. I am not saying it happens often, but it is possible. Many people will think all of this is nonsense, but for anyone who has experienced paranormal activity, they will understand that there is a whole different world right in the midst of our own, which usually cannot be seen by us. Some people who are born with a certain brain chemistry are able to see these beings, either all the time or at certain times, depending on the person and their acceptance of their "ability."

I ALWAYS recommend one thing in ANY case of a haunting...Get one of these types of people in your house. This is the only way to get accurate information about what is going on. The other way to get it is from the spirit directly, which is easier said than done, but there are ways, although getting this kind of information usually takes a lot of time, and simply comes naturally through various occurrences. If the lady is who is in your rental, then odds are there is a reason for it. It could be as mundane as "she was not ready to go" and "cannot accept what happened to her," which is death. I don't know how common this would be, but I would bet that it happens quite often.

I didn't mean to scare you with the talk of evil entities earlier, but that is something that is a possibility. Another thing is that there are often more than one entity present, even though you don't know it. Personally I believe it has something to do with the natural location, geology and whatnot, sort of like how running water might either draw or energize spirits. Some believe there truly are "portals" of sorts, and if one is nearby, then there will be many spirits in a certain vicinity. Personally I am not so sure of this.

But I do know that there are spirits who are NOT those of dead people, spirits that have never existed on our physical plane. I cannot explain where they come from, or how they got there, as I have no clue. I do believe there is a Creator, and beings, angels if you will, who are good. There are also "bad" beings, who feed off of the energy of mortals. I realize how all this sounds, and had I not experienced things myself, I would probably not believe in ghosts period. But that is not how things worked out. But I have not had anything drastic happen, such as many have had happen to them.

I can understand that you might be afraid. Knowing there is something you can't see in your house is scary, no doubt about it. And you don't know what to do. Most people don't. This is why I am telling you to get online, and find someone who can help you. Often times there are paranormal groups, if they are relatively professional, who can put you in touch with one of these people, and they might have one on their team as well. Not everyone who claims to be a medium truly is one, so it might be necessary to get a couple of different ones to come in, and see if their information lines up. If so, and they don't share information, you can be certain that you know what is going on.

The best case scenario for you imo, since there is already a ghost in your rental house, is that the ghost is simply that of a nice person who passed away. A spirit that will not make too much trouble for you. Some hauntings are relatively harmless, while some can actually cause death in various ways. Those are quite rare, but somewhere in the middle are hauntings that cannot be lived with. They are just too scary and disruptive, and too mentally draining. Something else you might try to do is get some people you know to come over, without telling them what is going on. See if they pick up on anything. There are people who are sensitive to such things, yet don't even know it. This is because they haven't really ever been in a situation where there was anything to pick up on. But someone like this is probably not going to be too "gifted," since those who are truly gifted know it after they grow up and think about their childhood experiences. Those who can actually "see dead people" as it were often don't realize what is going on until they get older. And they see these people in all kinds of places.

I suppose it's because there are spirits all over the place. I think that people like this often attract such beings as well, for various reasons. I can understand why you wouldn't want to talk about the things that are going on. The reason I am sort of telling you some of what I know is because you seem new to this in some respects. So just in case you don't know what to expect, I hope this helps you. Here is what you can expect: everything that has been happening, will continue to happen. These things usually get worse as opposed to getting better, if left alone. Sometimes they will go away, and I have personally witnessed this. Sometimes it can actually be a living person who is "causing" the haunting, but this usually happens to them no matter where they go. I doubt that this is what is happening with you.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

What sort of help do you seek? Do you want to try ad communicate with this unidentifiable entity, or get it out of your place? If the latter, that is possible. If the former, all I can recommend is not to, but that is your decision.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The most radical way of solving matters like this is to close you up completely. I did that 20 years ago by a series of self invented mental exercises. I have always been good at mental excericises. And they worked exactly like intended. What it does is that it totally close you off, so you cannot have certain experinces anymore (!). Sure a spirit can move something in your house, buy you probably wont hear or see anything anymore. Or feel anything. Ever. But thats like a last resort, a very radical way of dealing with the problem. I managed to do that when I was younger, and sometimes I regret it now. Because its not so easy to revert. I had a few problems back then with visions and visits at night that disturbed me greatly and it was my way of surviving. I wont tell how I did it in here. But it worked almost too well..

But you can close yourself off temporarily too. Like a switch. A medium can tell you how to do it, they do it all the time.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just start taking random pics around your house, you might catch the ghost.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

What sort of help do you seek? Do you want to try ad communicate with this unidentifiable entity, or get it out of your place? If the latter, that is possible. If the former, all I can recommend is not to, but that is your decision.
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

After much consideration and quiet contemplation I have decided to do nothing.........I dealt with the man across the road....talked to the land lady....so the guy is now respecting my property line....I got out my old Bible it is laying on the bed(in the room in question)....I have been sleeping in the other room....until I can repaint with the type of paint that was suggested in one of the earlier posts, and then I will be replacing the carpet...I have to also replace the curtains in there and elsewhere...I am going to do these things as I can afford to do them...Slowly and respectfully...but I will not be communicating or entertaining with any real or imagined spirit. I will not be burning sage or anything like that...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ok.. First let me say Hi, I'm a Paranormal Investigator of many years and most of the advice given to you so far is from movies.. It doesnt work.
As for sleeping during the day and staying awake at night.. Pointless. Activity happens day and night, spirits/ghosts/energies don't just appear at night that's just lore.
This is a common misconception..
First you need to decide if you want to get rid of this. Once you acknowledge it it will only encourage it. I would not suggest mediums as most are fake (any that charge for a service stay away from, in my experience the ones that charge are not legit.)
Look on line for a Paranormal Group (scientific based) within your area to take a look and do an investigation. Their actually are MANY natural explanations for what you are experiencing.

You can PM me here if you wish to talk more.
Good luck

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hello there just wanted to say I can relate some

My fathers house was custom built in the 1950's by a woman who immigrated to oklahoma from france. As she got too old to take care of the house after her husband died, she sold it to my family in 1999.

From what I understand she went to live with her son, and then eventually moved into a nursing home to be taken care of full time. She was in the nursing home probably by 2005-2007.

Just this last year though some very strange things have begun happening around the house, I see what I feel to be a woman. It is really just shadows and movements but it just feels like a light presence or a presence that doesn't want to be sensed truly.

I believe she has died recently and has returned to her home once again, but some things have been happening as a result.

Like I said I have seen shadows (at most from the waist up or a "piece" or small fragment of her dress). My cat sees her with me, but it's like he has known she was there for awhile.

In the living room the floor is kind of uneven and it creaks as you walk on certain boards, and everytime before I see her shadow I hear her coming around the fireplace (island fireplace) and walking over that board which is super distinguishable.

But just this past saturday the most insane contact happened and I am truly trying to find a way to reason this out.

I was nodding doing some QBASIC block IF statement exercises for my programming class and watching some college football when I began to nod off, but not fall completely asleep.

All of a sudden my computer flips on from a dark screen and I hear a siri like voice say "Smart"..

It snapped me out of my nodding and had nothing to do with anything I was thinking about at that moment, kind of got my heart racing too because I have no voice emulation software or anything on my laptop.

So I close my eyes after freaking out for like 10 minutes or so and then my computer flicks on again and it says "Technology".

I am officially baffled, how can my computer talk if there is no voice emulation?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

ZaffyDenver
I would not suggest mediums as most are fake (any that charge for a service stay away from, in my experience the ones that charge are not legit.)

I agree with you 100% on this, ZaffyDenver. I've sort of fallen into helping spirits cross (long story) and I would never think of charging anybody for this. I feel like I'm helping the spirit as much as or more than the person having a problem. So far I've only helped two cross, but it was the most rewarding thing I've ever done as a human being!

There's other ways of making a living, and doing this kind of work is not something I'd charge for. I can see if someone is doing it ONLY as a way of making a living, they might accept donations or something, but it still feels like I'd be "pimping out" a gift from God and I don't want to do that.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZaffyDenver

Credentials...or it did not happen...@ SDSU THEY HAVE COURSES AND YOU CAN GET LIGIT DEGREES...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

I was nodding doing some QBASIC block IF statement exercises for my programming class and watching some college football when I began to nod off, but not fall completely asleep.

All of a sudden my computer flips on from a dark screen and I hear a siri like voice say "Smart"..

It snapped me out of my nodding and had nothing to do with anything I was thinking about at that moment, kind of got my heart racing too because I have no voice emulation software or anything on my laptop.

I was waken this morning by a flash dream where a blond news lady was showing me a tv news flash...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

I agree.. If it is a true gift you would not charge.
I have a fear that someday some poor person is gonna be terribly hurt at the hand of someone that hasn't really got a clue what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I am so glad you have checked.. Though I still air on the side of caution.
It's a very delicate matter. Yes these things that happen to you are unsettling but you need someone that deals with helping you AND the possible spirit/energy within your home.

Regardless of wether or not people have studied this field, NO ONE is an expert, this is a field still in its infancy and it's self still being studied.
I urge you to be careful.

Good luck

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join