It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Cheney, Short of Breath, Heads to Hospital UPDATE: Cheney Goes Home After Tests

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Vice President Dick Cheney has been taken to the hospital experiencing shortness of breath. Doctors have advised him to go to George Washington University Hospital for further tests. The Vice President has a history of heart trouble and has an implanted cardioverter defibrillator

UPDATE: Cheney goes home after tests:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney underwent tests at a hospital Saturday after experiencing shortness of breath, the White House said.

Cheney walked out of George Washington University Hospital on Saturday afternoon, smiled and waved to reporters, but made no comment. Asked how she felt about the incident, his wife, Lynne, said, "Great. Thanks."

An electrocardiogram and a scan of the vice president's implant cardioverter defibrillator showed nothing abnormal, White House adviser Mary Matalin said.

Cheney Goes Home

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney, who has a history of heart trouble, was being taken to a hospital on Saturday for tests after experiencing some shortness of breath, a White House spokesman said.

On the recommendation of his doctors, the vice president is going to George Washington University Hospital for some tests," spokesman Ken Lisaius said. "He experienced some shortness of breath Saturday morning and has had a bad cold, which could be the cause for the shortness of breath."

President Bush (news - web sites) was notified, Lisaius said.

Cheney's cardiologist, Dr. Jonathan Reiner, was to oversee the tests

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This may be a way to ease out the VP IMHO. The often rumored replacement may be underway. Either this is a "planned" event or real, the President may take this opportunity to replace Cheney. Who would be the most likely candidate? Condi Rice? Colin Powell? John McCain? With four previous heart attacks and while Vice President he had what was characterized as a irregularity in his heart beat, Its really time to put him out to pasture.

[edit on 11-14-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Can Bush choose a VP or is there a Constitutionally-mandated order of succession?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
According to an amendment passed in the sixties, Bush can choose a VP but the Senate has to approve him.

I don't like Dick Cheney. I never have, and I never will. But he is a human being and I wish him and his family the best.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Already being played down as not heart troubles.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Let's not jump to conclusions, guys. Cheney has a well-known history of serious heart problems. Sounds to me like his doctors are in "better safe than sorry" mode, and just want to make sure there are no real problems here.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Its an interesting development. With the Secretary of Education leaving, we may see a whole new cabinet from the top down.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe he's got a pretzel stuck in his throat. Oh that was Bush.

Let's all not forget how smiley Arafat was when he was taken to the hospital and how he came out.

Sorry I hate to be rude but he's living a good life off a lot of dead humans.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Of those potential replacements that you named I would be happy with McCain, But I can see Bush selecting Rice. Then Rice vs Hillary in 08.

That last part was a joke btw

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Thatoneguy]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here�s an interesting way of covering the same story.

Click photo to enlarge...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yep it definitley looks like he's having trouble breathin in that picture.

Sorry it was an easy joke. The man has heart problems, ill have them one day too.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Here�s an interesting way of covering the same story.

Click photo to enlarge...
the small picture is bad enough, the large one would give me endless nightmares.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
the small picture is bad enough, the large one would give me endless nightmares.

But under the large one, you can read the news coverage as well...
You can try to read it without looking at the picture

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think it would be interesting to see McCain in there, but I don't think Bush would do that. I am not sure if that would make his agenda go as smoothly as pushover Rice.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
I think it would be interesting to see McCain in there, but I don't think Bush would do that. I am not sure if that would make his agenda go as smoothly as pushover Rice.

Yeah if Bush's 2nd term flops big time McCain would not want to get his reputation muddied in it.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The conspiracy nut in me says that this is a convenient way to get rid of a controversial member of his administration (Cheney/Halliburton).

Remember the 2000 elections?

John McCain: "I endorse George Bush, I endorse George Bush, I endorse George Bush."

I like McCain, so I won�t say much bad about him. Maybe he could shorten the leash Cheney has W on.

Peace,
BG

Edit cuz I kant spal

[edit on 13-11-2004 by beergoggles]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't feel a bit bad for Cheney, somebody actually had a thread here on ATS a few days ago predicting he would be hospitalized as the Halliburton scandals started making waves in the media. The man has built a life time of subversion and scandals, for which he has yet to answer to. They should have hauled his arse off to jail with Kenneth Lay and really my only regret in light of this news is that he will not have to answer to the american people for his crimes. In short, if it is serious, good, that means one less scounderel in our government.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If he dies anytime soon, he will get his judgment and outcome according to the Will of God, as we all do.

So, he's not going to "get away with anything" if he dies before the Bush cabal is charged with Treason, Sedition, Conspiracy, Fraud and War Crimes.

LL1

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
"According to CNN television, Dick Cheney has been suffering from a cold in recent days and was taken to George Washington University Hospital for tests."

VP Cheney has a cold. A bad cold could cause chest pain.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
He has left the hospital, he is fine.

Just a test since his health history has not been the best.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
He has left the hospital, he is fine.

Just a test since his health history has not been the best.
I can now enjoy my Saturday.

<<   2  3 >>

join