It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Ison from mars? sol 393

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hello all

I saw these new pics of the martian sky. sol 393 and I wonder if this is Ison from mars?

I'm not sure when they are going to be trying to take pics of it, but these are pretty coo if it is Ison

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 15-9-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Not until about October 1st.
The day or two after that should have NASA releasing some pictures, if any were able to be taken.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

alfa1

Not until about October 1st.
The day or two after that should have NASA releasing some pictures, if any were able to be taken.

Ok next question.. What is causing that in the pic?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Maybe it just a glitch Sir..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

goou111
Ok next question.. What is causing that in the pic?

Was wondering that myself.
The stars seem to be trailed a bit so maybe a longish exposure captured the movement of Phobos.
Somebody skilled in the use of software such as Starry Night Pro could recreate the scene.

Of course, being a conspiracy site, I should say its an insect.

Edit - looking at the other thumbnail images on the page you linked to, there is certainly a bright object moving downward in the sky.
Images at 07:35, 07:36, 07:37 show (probably) Phobos moving progressively downward past a bright star on the left of the image. That star is probably the one in the top left of the larger images you showed at 07:44 and 07:45 as the moon continues to move downward.

edit on 15-9-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

goou111
Hello all

I saw these new pics of the martian sky. sol 393 and I wonder if this is Ison from mars?

I'm not sure when they are going to be trying to take pics of it, but these are pretty coo if it is Ison

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 15-9-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

My God... it's a flying man.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I've got an old copy of Stellarium, and perhaps the elements arent up to date because I cant quite get it to fit the photos, but I think this is whats going on...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The big blob is indeed Phobos, but you got Deimos and Jupiter wrong way around: www.unmannedspaceflight.com...

Just to clarify, Phobos looks like this because of the long exposure. Phobos moves pretty fast in the martian sky.

new topics

top topics

join