It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Preps For Wide Scale Pacific Rim Emergency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Does anyone have any more information regarding this story?

The original story posted on site banned from this site , however I have researched and posted a link to a document supporting the story.

www.fbo.gov...

They are looking for providers for disaster relief dispersal within the Pacific Rim Zone.

Further clarification of the story would be appreciated.
edit on 15-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

It seems there is going to be a training drill?

That's if I read it correctly. Either way, interesting find.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Seems to me they are looking to fill inadequacies in disaster relief preparations.
Not expecting any disasters. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be looking either.
In other words, there is absolutely no chance of any impending doom that
will surely come to the pacific rim without the CDC making massive
preparations for it so get over yourself.

edit on 15-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

Hmmm , that's a rather large area for a training drill wouldn't you think? I mean the whole Pacific Rim.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm not seeing much on the preparations exact that September is National Preparedness Month and one regarding the Cascadia Subduction Zone.

This news source mentions Southern Oregon, here, which links to source with the claim by OR State Emergency Officials as follows,
Sept. 12, 2013

State emergency officials will spend next week urging Southern Oregon residents to prepare for a magnitude 9.0 earthquake that could seriously disrupt food, water, transportation and other vital services.

"People need to have an emergency plan for their families," said Kim Lippert, spokesman for the Oregon Office of Emergency Management, which will head out on a road show to discuss the potential disaster and ways to prepare for it.

A workshop will present information about surviving and recovering from an earthquake at 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, in Medford City Hall, 411 W. Eighth St.

State officials say Oregon is due for a magnitude 9.0 Cascadia Subduction Zone earthquake.

Cascadia Subduction Zone earthquake, 2012 informative thread,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oregon.gov site shares,

September is National Preparedness Month Are you prepared for disaster?

Throughout the month of September there are activities locally and nationally to promote emergency preparedness. Get involved and keep your family safe.

Oregon Office of Emergency Management

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I seem to recall several instances when a training drill was being conducted something bad happened.

911, the train bombing in England somewhere, the Boston Marathon bombing....seems like there were others....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Oolon

That is true..they are preparing for something... here in Puerto Rico there been a lot of military movement and hundreds of plastic coffins boxes

edit on 16-9-2013 by latrelwaker because: link

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Perhaps it might have something to do with Fukushima?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by latrelwaker

Now that is a worry , have you any photo's of this?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

The vehicles were all been setup at a port.. and the local news says those vehicles are to be "decomize"
they look in a pretty good shape to me to be decomize but im not an expert on the military.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Prepare!!!!

edit on 17-9-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

comfortablynumb

It seems there is going to be a training drill?

That's if I read it correctly. Either way, interesting find.

They are spending their money they can't carry over before October. I know it's stupid, they should be rewarded for saving money but does not work that way. They also need all the practice they can get lol.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Quick, get your shots, the bird flu is coming. lol haaa-chu. lmfao

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I would actually like more information on this as well, if anyone has heard anything.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Those vehicles are also old, and death traps in a war zone. They've been replaced by MRAPs and more survivable vehicles.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The college I attend in the PNW is doing some sort of prepping exercise in a few weeks. The bill with the information was kind of vague, but from my understanding the exercise will be practice if something very catastrophic were to occur. Like a large quake, dirty bomb, etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Those vehicles are also old, and death traps in a war zone. They've been replaced by MRAPs and more survivable vehicles.

Yep, and its just mil surplus being supplied to a friendly PD near you.... for your safety and their optimal job performance of course.
We got a surplus armored vehicle last year. I mean... armored = some metal on it and BP teeny windows. LOL! They park it in front of drug houses and in bad parts of town... which IMO is hilarious.

This is definitely for Avian... or zombies/weaponized rabies...Ison carrying space pox, or more likely Fukushima awakening Cthulhu. Im kinda hoping for the 3rd possibility. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn... just in case.

Ok... BS aside.. Given what Janet N said to her successor.... Id wonder whats up. If you look at some of the supplies ordered and from what contractors... it seems the scenario they are running is for contagion/plague. Autoclavable blankets... and etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Daughter2
Perhaps it might have something to do with Fukushima?

That'd be my first guess too.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You think this is part of the pacific rim exercises they hold there? Another strange fact is that Alaska is not included??? Part of Alaska falls under USARPAC, strange indeed.
Zaphod is right though, those vehicles are old...even though we have then here on island.

As for CDC, I wouldn't worry.
My MOS is CBRN and I train in chemical all the time with the only other first responder chem unit on the island. I haven't heard anything on it, then again you never know....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join