It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fairy Phenomenon & it's Similarities to ET

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

And that is what makes creation so amazing; no one has a clue what really created everything. But my "faith" I suppose, keeps me sane enough to believe everything came from the original CREATOR.

I once had a very lucid and vivid dream, being shown by an omnipresent consciousness, that all is a faucet of the whole. As the metaphor I used earlier; we are all consciousness, or rivers flowing from the source or ocean.

Everything that ever is, were, or will be, comes from this oceanic consciousness, the grand consciousness.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Good thread and research CirqueDeTruth! (a flag and star added)

Yes, there are many similarities between the Fairy and the Alien phenomenon.
As you have already pointed out, Vallée has noticed those similarities and in the later years he "sees" the UFO/Alien phenomenon in a "paranormal" way or with implications in that area.

Would you be so kind to answer a question? If yes, it is the following:

Whats your take on the so-called Nordic Aliens (regarding the topic of this thread)?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by meaningless333

Hi Meaningless333

Yes, absolutely! The Nordic aliens can directly be linked right back to Norse/Scandinavian/Finish/Danish folklore.

Elves beginnings began right there in that part of the world. Elves are often depicted as tall slender beings of comparable height and appearance to humans. While they have spread worldwide, and variations have resulted, the northern elves were not diminutive in size. Descriptions can be found in the Eddas and in local folklore.

A few specific entries:

Fylgiar - This is a fairy familiar that can only be seen by the human it has been assigned to gauge and oversee. It is also believed that human's serve their flygiar while asleep or during deliberate astral projections. When you die, your flygiar will accompany you on your spirits journey in the afterlife to Vallhallah, the Nordic land of the dead. When children are born with a caul, that is said to be an indicator that the child has a flygiar.

Erlkonig - The elf king. That is exactly how he looks too. A tall slender elf with a huge golden crown and expensively tailored clothing. These fairy are indigenous to Danish and Germanic folklore. Like the flygiar of Iceland, they appear to people to warn them of their impending death according to legend.

Now the entire Norse pantheon of gods in my opinion, correlate closely with Nordic aliens. Coming down from Asgard riding the rainbow bridge in their ships for a meet and greet!

CdT

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

This is a very interesting theory- one that never crossed my mind.
The XXX book- I have had the documentary based on it in my netflix queue for months and have not watched it. I will have it on tonight after kids are in bed!I 'm excited to watch it!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
well thats abit creepy, i have met the one on your 3rd pic down. I was so intrigued by its appearance i painted a picture of it and has been hung on my wall for many years. I have never seen it anywhere else before till now!

I can say that your hypothisis is correct.

I am in contact with various beings, and at one stage (when figuring them out) i asked if they where what they where referred to as "fairies" in the medi-evil times, and they said yes.

Cant get much better answer than from the source...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I have never heard of the Dybbuk, but seen that concept in Movies like Shutter, with the dawson creek actor.

Very neat. When yiddish drive by a graveyard they say tooey tooey, or something like that to ward off spirits, but never knew them as Dybbuk and connected it with that movie and many others.

I was going through some Runes and Ancient Figurines found.
Runes:
on 2 of the Runes, it depicted Odin as small man on an 8 Legged Horse and a couple of the legs seemed tangled up like twisting tubes or shafts.
the next interesting thing in those runes it show an object that looks like a bowl turned upside down. with vents, lights, portholes, doorways, and Odin is approaching it on his horse.
What is going on around Odin, the Horse and the bowl is hard to make out cuz on both they are damaged in similar areas. Looks like maybe something like a ray gun, satellite dish coming out of upside bowl object on one. On another it looks like men laboring under the upside down bowl object.

Figurines:
The ancient figurines of Odin were made of bronze or stone, and they depict a small man, with pointy hat, and the bronze figurine i seen had those lines around the back, showing intricacy to whatever they were wearing.
One stone carving of Odin, shown him as a real small man, or near boy proportions with the crows on shoulders and a pointy hat.
Lots of long beards for Odin

After seeing your Odin Ice Giant art I laughed, then got the urge to explore some Odin lore. Googled: "Odin Carvings" and seen the runes and figurines in that search listing under images. Lots of neat Runes, and the some Odin Runes do have Giants!

The little swedish bronze Odin figurines were neat, and old.

and the carvings with 8 legged Horses and the bowl.

To narrow the search you can add odin bronze or odin 8 legged horse

I remember Star Gate played on that with Odin and Thor being small guys and shapeshifters!

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

The name of that fairy is Honesty of the soulful eyes.

Here is an excerpt about him from Brian Froud's "Good Faeries, Bad Faeries Book".

"In this faery's gaze, we see that eyes are truly the mirror of the soul. His eyes reflect our souls and hearts: we hide nothing from him. The honesty faery is not a judgemental or accusing creature, but rather an empathic, compassionate, able to see through all the convoluted motivations to the heart of the matter. "

CdT
edit on 19-9-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I think this is the carving you were referring to?

I enjoy ancient art depicted upon walls. Considering an oral tradition was used for stories and entertainment, I tend to think that that which they immortalized in stone, had signifigance and information they didn't want forgotten no matter how much time or change the culture encountered.

CdT

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Yep, thats it.

there is another one out there like that, and damaged in nearly the same spot but depicts a slightly different scene. This one has Ship Port Scene in a Celtic style Box, below the Odin Horse Box. The one in your pic has another scene below it too I think.

Probably that Priest or Monk that went around cutting down Thor's tree and damaged a bunch of Rune Stones.

Here is the other one:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Runsten1.jpg
upload.wikimedia.org...

If I known they were both on wiki, I would have just linked them. I didn't want to send anyone of into the internet wilderness with unfamiliar sites and links.

Odins horse is very strange and I'm getting a machine feel from it.

Doesn't it kinda remind you of a Harley? The way the front legs shoot out in front, and the twisted legs maybe being an Engine system. But, if it was depicting a Harley like vehicle, they knew what wheels are,
so there would be wheels on the end of those legs.

At burning Man festivals people have made walking vehicles that actually work using legs, but they need to be on really flat surfaces. They look like spider walkers with 4 or 6 legs. 8 legs has me thinking spider. But the artist of the time, and the people got more of a horse feel from it.

A lot of interesting depictions in those runestones, thats a thread itself. Might be one already floating around here.

A lot of carvings and sculptures are their form of Photography, recording an event for other people and generations can learn from. Anything that was carved in stone, was most likely to survive!

Odin\Thor battling a Serpent... You can go anywhere in the World, and you will find conflict between A serpent\Dragon god vs Humanoid God & Humans.

Another interesting thing is the 9 Worlds of life or species. In the legend it describes a Homeworld for the Elves and a homeworld for the Dwarves. Like each top humanoid race, needs and has its own planet to call home. And, they all want a piece of our world, and we either have to work it out or fight em back!

Giants world be from larger denser planets than Earth, the Smaller guys, from smaller, pourous or less dense heavenly bodies

I wonder what or where is the homeworld of the Dragons/Serpents!

Think a thread around here about that. If not, should be one!

Its all connected, the stories, the legends, the myths...

Very cool thread, thanx for bringing this up, I've been looking at fairies, gnomes, the big picture a bit differently lately and had no where to express it without making a forum thread somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join