It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fairy Phenomenon & it's Similarities to ET

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The similarities are both are based in the imagination. Funny how the mind works...why do only some groups of people imagine fairies and alien visiting them while there are those of us who don't.

Is it mental illness, gullibility, or wishful thinking on those who do see.

I for one do not believe in such nonsense, so my imagination should never produce such delusions..too bad...it really is...sometimes being sane and logical is boring.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

I think the world needs all different sorts of people to make the world go around. It is the judgement of one another we could all live without.

As long is harm is not being inflicted on others or themselves - do and think as you will. It makes the world strive for discovery, experience, and explanations of the mysterious.

Heaven forbid, we should for one second think we are at the apex to our understanding and knowledge. The big picture of our magnifigance has some ugly sides I think need work on.

Thanks for posting onslaught. I appreciate your differing point of view.

CdT

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hmmm. Little people that fly around. I suppose the people of long ago would portray aliens as having wings since they flew. Back then their craft would have possibly have been thought of as wings. The first chapter of the book of Ezekiel in the bible talks about flying beings with two sets of wings. Maybe something like a plane or something like that old planelike artifact they found.

Who knows for sure, but it seems strange that every culture mentions humanlike beings that flew. I guess we will never know for sure. Science does not consider ancient writings as evidence for anything. They do not believe the sight of witnesses either unless they have a picture or movie of the event and even then they kind of blow it off. I guess they are afraid we will find out that there are much more intelligent beings on earth than scientists.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm so surprised someone hasn't brought up the Sirius and Ripley (as in Ripley believe it or not) Humanoids

Named Ata and Atta

This guy explains it pretty well in the video

Huffington post did articles on it too, just google: "huffingtonpost ata atta boy" top link

Russia KGB apparently released a video of a partial skeleton of one

Gnomes, fairies, Serpent kings. underground/underwater cities, little green men, the green man, this is all related......

Edit Added:
These guys are eerily similar to the art in that book!!

edit on 17-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: Addition

edit on 17-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the great information, CirqueDeTruth! I had many interactions as a child with fairies, and I believe some as an adult, although I probably didn't recognize them as such in my adult mind. I went to a practitioner of Celtic Shamanism once who told me that it's an illusion that fairies are small--they are actually outlandishly tall, but because we view them through the veil, their size is distorted. I wonder a lot about the similarities between the energy and appearance of aliens and the fairy folk, but I haven't drawn any firm conclusions. it's just something I find very interesting.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What you call "folklore" is somethign that people today do not understand. Faries, trolls, dragons, elves, demons, angels, unicorns, and what we call 'aliens' all exist, all the time. They exist as in, they are conscious of their experience, as you are conscious of your human experience.

The experience is different and I can explain it all now; what our ancestors were perceiving and experiencing, and what happened to that 'connection' of those un-explained events. It very simple, but in this day and age, is completely misunderstood because of the MIND.

The human being has 5 senses to experience an EXTERNAL reality, that is, an expereince that can be experienced outside of a body via eyes, ears, tongue, nose and nerves.

The human being also has a MIND, and an energetic system binded to the physiccal body, we call it the 'chakra system' as it has been known for thousands of years.

Its within the mind, the third eye, the Ajna chakra, that all these 'mythological beings were experienced and percieved. A space within the human consciousness that cannot be experienced by the 5 senses. Your mind is much then a body; within your mind, if activated and TRAINED, you can travel and do many "supernatural" things.

We simply call this "higher dimensions" or; realms, planes, levels of consciousness. We are MULTI-dimensional beings, the other dimensions exist inside your mind. If the body was 'Hell' , and your highest conscious level was 'Heaven', then your mind is the in-between place.

Within the in-between place, the mind, one can travel to other realms, and sometimes meet other beings, who are NON-human consciousness. These could be fairies, trolls, unicorns, angels, demons, dragons, greys, reptilians, elves, and a whole lot of other beings that are nameless and very weird looking.

You have a physical body that you are 'looking out of' via eyeballs. You only know the universe exists, because of the 5 senses. Without the senses, you would be in the "in-between" realm or trapped in your mind. Very simple way to put it.

You also have an astral body also known as; dream body, light body, energy body, etheric body.. This is still YOU, as in the human consciousness who is AWARE it is experiencing or observing realities. When the astral body is active, and you are conscious within it, you can travel to anywhere in the 'Universe'/Innerverse you can think of.

You are as limited as you can think, or as much as your mind can contain. Other beings are mischeivous (spelling? Lol) and have intentions of tricking the innocent beings who blindly travel in the higher realms. This is where you get your stories from.

Are beings are down-right evil and want to drain your energy and keep you trapped in the body meanwhile they 'leech' your energy from the above (astral) body. We metaphorically call them vampires; you know the bloodsuckers who cant stand the light
Its a metaphor to describe the dark beings who suck your life energy within the higher realms.

But there are also very beautiful, wise, loving and benevolent beings who can guide, protect and help you. Sometimes we call them angels, but that word is a hijacking. The angels with the names ending is "EL" (AngEL, MichEL, GabriEL, RaphiEL) are not in your best interest.. That was a headsup
lol

These beings are of such a high frequency/vibration within their conscious field; they focus more on STO (Service to others) rather STS (Service to self). When you (as in any conscious being) operates to help everyone else grow spiritually, you are of the higher levels of consciousness. That is why these beings are usually BRIGHT and full of LIGHT, but can ONLY be perceived when you resonate at a high enough conscious level.

I hope I explained well enough for the reader to understand these 'folklore' stories and mythological beings. Our ancestors were more intune with THEMSELVES internally, and more intune with nature externally, which is why their minds operated at such a higher level.

Today most people are trapped in the construct of soceity, the matrix, they do not have that "bridge" form the body to the higher self. And this is why they cannot understand those people who do, nor understand all the mystery of our ancients.

When you leave the phsyical body and ARE conscious, you are in the astral body (dream, light, energetic etc..), and you are free to travel as far as your mind will allow you too. There is always higher states of cosnciousness; which is what BEING is all about; "LIFE" is not being a physical body for 75ish years and dying...

LIFE is about finding your true self within and expanding to the higher states of consciousness while maintaining that level within the physical body.

Hope it all helps, thanks for the thread

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Very interesting! S&F!

I always liked the way those fairies look. My sister had that same book I think.

Can you give me more info on Indi? that's me in fairy form! haha

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I did have experiences with faeries when I was young and ET as an adult, right now I am in the process of sculpting faeries for a fairy garden, interestingly some people that have seen them say they felt a presence.
This could get really interesting,
love the topic.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Very excellent post! Gosh I'd love to sit down with you and pick your brain!

I agree with everything you said.

My only question is - how do these multidimensional beings sometimes step over into the physical? Where they are perceived by the five senses instead of 'the sixth' or inner mind?

CdT

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Midnight13

Very interesting! S&F!

I always liked the way those fairies look. My sister had that same book I think.

Can you give me more info on Indi? that's me in fairy form! haha

Sure!

Excerpt taken from Brian Froud's, ' Good faeries, Bad faeries Book'.

"While one expects to find a faery strolling down an English country lane, this faery might be found in an American bowling alley instead. In fact, this troublesome creature can pop up anywhere: he's the one who won't let you make up your mind, perpetually weighing the pros and cons. It is a left handed should or a right-handed shouldn't? Or maybe it's the other way around. Ask him to let the energy go, and he just may bowl you over with a great idea."

Indi is a cutie isn't he? Just don't forget this mischevious pixie feeds off the energy of your indecision.

CdT

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

That is very interesting! It is the same for me. Fairy when I was young, where as now I identify them more as ET. I'm betting that's simply due to a change of perception within ourselves as we mature with age, perhaps?

CdT

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Star and flag. Excellent summary of the evolution of folklore.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Hey thanks!

He is!

Maybe it's Indi or me being a libra

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I agree they are very similar.
but I dont think they are the aliens we get now.

fay have gate ways in the ground that
go to another world that has a slower time speed!

fay can fly but dont have ships.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wait a minute.... Are you suggesting Tinkerbell needs to phone home?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Janet Bond (or is it Bord?) wrote a book on Fairies where she draws the same conclusions - Faries and Aliens are likely one and the same. The tales of old, crop circles, abductions, etc. all parallel our modern alien encounters. It is a fascinating little book.

She believes our fascination with aliens is just a modern twist on folk tales because we too insecure with our modernity to believe that the folk tales were right and we have to blame technologically advanced, out-of-this-world cultures for our happenstance encounters.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

buddha
I agree they are very similar.
but I dont think they are the aliens we get now.

fay have gate ways in the ground that
go to another world that has a slower time speed!

fay can fly but dont have ships.

So are we to assume fairy that exist in another dimension don't have the capability to create technology? Or build tech underground? That's rather myopic don't you think? Perhaps their technology far surpasses our own? Maybe they watch us and create right along side with tools and materials far beyond our own? Who among us can truly say yea or nay?

I still maintain this phenomenon is ancient, and one and the same. Just because we use to call them fairy doesn't mean that some of them didn't always travel in craft. In fact, the wings itself may simply be an indication that they were often seen in the air. Furthermore, not all fairies have wings.

CdT

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Maturing with age yes,but also as a child extraterrestrials were not something I had ever heard of,
The experiences I had as an adult cannot be denied.

I am thinking perhaps we try to explain what we don't understand in the context of what we are familiar with.
edit on 013030p://bTuesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I thought you might find this interesting
Dartmouth researchers discover how and where imagination occurs in human brains
www.eurekalert.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Rhoswen
Thanks for the great information, CirqueDeTruth! I had many interactions as a child with fairies, and I believe some as an adult, although I probably didn't recognize them as such in my adult mind. I went to a practitioner of Celtic Shamanism once who told me that it's an illusion that fairies are small--they are actually outlandishly tall, but because we view them through the veil, their size is distorted. I wonder a lot about the similarities between the energy and appearance of aliens and the fairy folk, but I haven't drawn any firm conclusions. it's just something I find very interesting.

First, welcome to ATS. Finally decided to take the plunge down the rabbit hole I see.

I'd never heard that theory before - that fairy are actually much taller than we perceive. That our perception is skewed when trying to peer into the multi-verse. Interesting.

I find it of great interest to. I don't lock myself into my hypothesis's. I'm more than open to varying viewpoints and rather hope for that truly unique perspective that inspires me to reevaluate my own way of thinking. But quite honestly, I think most people here on ATS is that way. Open to possibility - or they wouldn't be here.

Blessings,
Cirque

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join