It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Makes Time Magazine Cover Around World, Except 'US'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

How controlled is the US media, lol. On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being "Not controlled at all" to 10 being the intro to the t.v. show "Outer Limits", lol.

PLEASE STANDBY, lol.
edit on 16-9-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I found a little article written today on it here -

Time magazine hides Putin's success from US voters

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It's only because American's dont care about anything but themselves and what's on TV.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Its nice that Putin has recovered the ball that Obama dropped on just how evil America is............I mean how lame is Obama when it takes a little commie twerp like Putin to finish what Obama started.

Somewhere in this circus even progressive liberals must be feeling the embarrassment of the total FAIL that Obama has become, I'll bet his Muslim Brotherhood comrades are more then a little miffed with loosing yet another MB target for world control.........LOL !!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

GrandStrategy
The image in the OP compares continents to a country. Out of nothing but curiosity I would be interested to see what, say, the Canadian cover looks like?

Sorry had to be done!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Bassago

So we get the baseball cover... what!

Not sure if half of the US population has any idea who Putin is or could find Russia on a map. Just let them sleep so they're rested up for the next Duck Dynasty episode.

To be fair Time Mag has been doing this for years. We always get the lame cover stories. Supposedly Time does this because of marketing focus but I think it's to keep the sheep asleep.

^^ This.

Americans are some of the least traveled people I have ever met. I don't think it's a coincidence that you see higher numbers of liberals/Democrats along the coast lines of America.

International travel is cheaper from these port cities. Also, immigrants tend to first make it to the USA along our coasts. I've noticed that people who interact with a wide assortment of ethnic groups tend to be more liberal as well.

People that travel outside of the USA tend to have a wider world view, and (from my experience) are more socially liberal.

We have a serious problem in America these days. The entire, "USA! USA! #1 screw everyone else!" mentality is rotting the heartland of the USA. People are sticking their heads in the sand, and really do believe America is all there is.

The world is so much bigger and more complex than most Americans want to realize. The TV news is almost like "a movie" to these people, it's not "real" to them because they've never ever left their little agricultural town.

150 years ago this type of isolationism might have worked. The global economy then wasn't quite the same. Today I'm drinking Vitamin Water that probably has a bottle made in China, with dyes and sweeteners from Malaysia.

It doesn't help that the MSM in America is complicit with this mentality. People don't WANT to feel uncomfortable. Americans don't want to believe their government doesn't always tell the truth, and that there are other countries in the world that are pretty awesome too.

I hear, "They hate us because of our freedom!"
What? You mean they want to be slaves, and hate us because we have a semblance of freedom here? Maybe it's the drone strike that took out that guy's family -- maybe that's why he hates us.

But no, America is never wrong. Nationalism is gaining strength in the ranks of the conservatives, which predominately live in the central and southern parts of the country.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

auraelium

sonnny1

Too bad Time didn't post Putin's victims photos next to him......

Alexander Litvinenko would agree, if he wasn't dead.

Litvinenko was a traitor who committed high treason, a KGB operative who deserted and joined MI5. He then plotted against his own country and divulged military secrets to the British. Putin was well within his rights to have him killed, he died a traitors death and its hard to have any pity for him. Even his own father said that he was a traitor and that he deserved what he got..
edit on 16-9-2013 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

HAHAHAHAHA, tell that to the SNOWDEN FANCLUB.
Is Obama "within his rights" to have him killed? When he doesn't kill him does that just mean he is weak but Putin was strong with an extra sprinkling of testosterone on top when he killed his embarassment?
It is quite clear which one is a killer and which one travels the moral path of exceptionalism.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

TinfoilTP

It is quite clear which one is a killer and which one travels the moral path of exceptionalism.

I hope you meant that Ironicaly......

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

crazyewok

TinfoilTP

I hope you meant that Ironicaly......

Snowden's alive and Litvinenko is dead from polonium assassins poison.

The proof is in the pudding, can't lie your way out of the facts. One kills traitors one uses international laws.

Clear example of exceptionalism in action.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Not really as I im sure most European countrtys as long as Austrialia and New Zealand would have not killed him either so moral high ground on that yes but only country to do that most likley not!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As usual america gets the short bus version.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

crazyewok

Not really as I im sure most European countrtys as long as Austrialia and New Zealand would have not killed him either so moral high ground on that yes but only country to do that most likley not!

Here's a little secret.
We don't think of comparisons to other free nations when we speak of exceptionalism. The US always has to lead by example like it or not, try or try not, we are burdened to perform the role because we are the most powerful nation on earth. The burden of leading is transformed into exceptionalism as a way to view the burden. We cannot cast it aside, stop doing it, or pretend we can become isolationists.

If other free nations would do the same, it is only because we led the way. We have a long history of putting our traitors on trial, not liquidation via polonium.

Europe post WWII owes their existence to our acceptance of exceptionalism. The Iron Curtain would have fell over the continent had the US abandoned the responsibility to rebuild and protect, to slink back into isolationism.

Take the whole Arab Spring debacle. We stayed consistent. We sided with the oppressed in Libya, the oppressed in Egypt, and the oppressed in Syria. Even when Egypt elected the MB, we supported the new government because it was the oppressed that voted them to power. When the MB was summarily rejected after one year we still consistently sided with the people of Egypt, not intervening to support the govt they elected.
Putin is probably still scratching his head wondering why we didn't just prop up Mubarak in the beginning, or accept Kaddafi when he gave up his pursuit of WMD's. That is because he does not understand the concept of exceptionalism, it is a burden he does not bear.
To think it is just some grandiose display of arrogance is a grave mistake taken by world leaders, and an innocent display of ignorance by ordinary people. Obama is the least likely politician to cite exceptionalism if you review his platforms he campaigned on, perhaps he did not understand it until he was at the controls viewing real world options to difficult situations and the need to follow precedence.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
All this kind of crap does is make me respect the man more and make me want to learn more about him. To each their own.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

ausername
The whole world will cheer if Putin gets a peace prize.

All he had to do was embarrass an already disgraced US president with his slightly superior intellect and much more clever diabolical ways.

It's not just a disgraced US president, it is a disgraced U.S. nation and its litany of despicable actions. Why is is always made to just be the president's fault? The US Congress essentially backs most of the president's actions by continuing to fund the military and intelligence complexes, and the US people continue to vote for the same venal losers. Spread the blame around.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I dont exactly like putin BUT he did for once do the right thing with syria. No he dont deserve a noble prize but credit were credits due

Agreed he did emphasize for cooler thinking. I wouldnt hold a nobel prize as something to aspire or look up to.
from wiki"

Since 1901, it has been awarded annually (with some exceptions) to those who have "done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations,for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."[1]

Meanwhile the war machine drum continues if only temporarily set back. After all the Bilderberger plan will not be denied. Most people conveniently forget the facts ie the western funded Al Qaeda, The Plan to install a Rothschild controlled Federal Reserve in every nation, (Libya, Iraq etc)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The first rule for the media is to give the people what they want and while I'm sure there are many who are glad to avoid war I doubt there are many who want to be reminded their leader was outmanoeuvred to achieve that end. Plus Americans seem to have a special hatred for Russia, probably from years of intense cold war propaganda, so putting their leader on the cover of a magazine doesn't seem like a good idea at the best of times. I don't think it's censorship for any other reason except to protect their profits.

That said, when the war drums are beating I have noticed the US media or at least the major players are very one sided. I don't believe you have to live outside the US to notice this but perhaps you aren't as susceptible to the nationalistic fervour they try to inspire or scaremongering.
edit on 16-9-2013 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Americans are some of the least traveled people I have ever met. I don't think it's a coincidence that you see higher numbers of liberals/Democrats along the coast lines of America.

People are sticking their heads in the sand, and really do believe America is all there is.

In aust the other night I saw an interview on 60 minutes with an ageing SS man who ran to JFKs car when his brains were falling over the seat and jumped onto the boot/hood. The commentator said something along the lines of that was the day Amerika lost her innocence and that blah blah blah. You see since that day of the JFK assassination Amerika, has had the vietnam war, involvement in South American countries internal politics, involvement in the Middle East, the Gulf of Arabia need I go on.
Amerikas fat opulent cheap energy economy/lifestyle is predicated on the pricing of oil in $US dollars, exporting of inflation to other countries, import of cheap throwaway goods manufactured overseas in countries with a lack of Labour/living wage laws. Of course Amerika is all there is...I mean God is a white man draped in the Stars and Stripes. And so they rationalize that the rest of the world is out to get them oblivious to the fact that most people dont hate americanns...just how they (USA) go about implementing the Globalist agenda, oblivious to the fact that the noose of the State defined version of "Freedom" is tightening around their own Homeland neck.
But in their mind as long as they are fed Bread and CIrcuses the WOLVES are kept at bay. We all know how far and for how long the Roman Emperors went into decadence. When the economic SHTF happens around the world it'll probably take at least 50 years to get out of it unlike the relative short dark ages of the "1930s" Amerika has already lost its innocence.
The assassination of Uni students at Kent State University should have been a wake up call.
Its just that its people are in denial. Their state subsidised diabetes causing cheap food obesity will be cured by their State sponsored Health system. Meanwhile the brain fog is ever present.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

auraelium

Litvinenko was a traitor who committed high treason, a KGB operative who deserted and joined MI5. He then plotted against his own country and divulged military secrets to the British. Putin was well within his rights to have him killed, he died a traitors death and its hard to have any pity for him. Even his own father said that he was a traitor and that he deserved what he got..

With that kind of thinking, I guess Snowden should be killed also via horrific death.

Seriously I cant believe anyone gave you a star for that, let alone 4.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by crazyewok

No its even worse in Australia, some theories state that our PM Haorld Holt was killed by the CIA in 1967 for daring to ask why a PM should not see whats going on in his own back yard, the Pine Gap US facilty in Western Australia. Auzz has been a vassal state of US and British economic and military interests for a long time

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

If other free nations would do the same, it is only because we led the way. We have a long history of putting our traitors on trial, not liquidation via polonium. Europe post WWII owes their existence to our acceptance of exceptionalism. The Iron Curtain would have fell over the continent had the US abandoned the responsibility to rebuild and protect, to slink back into isolationism.

So what about the traitors that formed your Federal Reserve, or the JPMS who created the bubbles and continue to be bailed out only to buy back the assets for cents in the $. Or what about the Mcnamaras and LBJS who prolonged the Vietnam War and made the billions for the Military-industrial machine. Or what about the short sellers in the airlines prior to 9/11. Or what about the faked evidence of WMDs in Iraq by Powell,
yeah right....you really have had a lot of traitors on TRIAL.

we are burdened to perform the role because we are the most powerful nation on earth.

And yet to fail to see how that will be your own undoing as the Geopolitical forces call for a new empire in the East. Your argument that you side with the oppressed is laughable. You only side with the $ to prop up your oil/dollar bubble economy. The oppressed are everywhere, the US only involves itself where their is a dollar to be made or resources to plunder. If there are no oppressed the US manufactures them or doctors the evidence to sway opinion. Not just Putin but the UN and even the rest of the sleeping world is finally catching on to the game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join