It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Makes Time Magazine Cover Around World, Except 'US'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So the Al Qaeda err rebels have Russian weapons too? they do not have sarin and were not caught with it? it is undeniable proven that Assad has used chemical weapons?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

earthling42
reply to post by sonnny1

Ohh i am sure he is too, but he also stopped the US from bombing yet another country, it was about time someone did that.

Amen. Amen. Amen.

The US is out of control with the gd bombing.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

What a rag of a Magazine......

But tomorrow it will be the first time i buy this rag of a magazine

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I don't think it is really that odd...it is marketing.

A magazine with Putin's face on it wouldn't sell well in the United States and would cause Time a lot of grief from all sides (except the current fanboys of Putin who think he is a super awesome nice guy).

Marketing, that is all it is.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

sonnny1

Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by sonnny1

umm when did I declare my love for Putin? I posted this thread because I thought it was kind of funny the way the media portrays things to different countries ( although I do agree with certain points Putin has brought up in his recent statements regarding Syria ). I kinda agree with flipflop above that we should be giving more credit and coverage to great scholars/scientific minds/humanitarians rather than the corrupt crappy leaders of our respective lands today, its all a big joke.

I dont agree with Obama or Putin. On ANY subject.

Its hard for me to agree with "hypocritical murderers", even if they come off as making "valid" points.

edit on 352013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

That doesn't make sense. So if Obama or Putin were to say to you the sky was blue you would not agree with them? Personally I like to base my opinions on some relevant knowledge of the subject that I have gained from different sources before completely disregarding what someone has stated.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

AlienScience

I don't think it is really that odd...it is marketing.

A magazine with Putin's face on it wouldn't sell well in the United States and would cause Time a lot of grief from all sides (except the current fanboys of Putin who think he is a super awesome nice guy).

Marketing, that is all it is.

That's how chickenschmidts handle controversy. Real reporters report. Period.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

earthling42
reply to post by sonnny1

So the Al Qaeda err rebels have Russian weapons too? they do not have sarin and were not caught with it? it is undeniable proven that Assad has used chemical weapons?

Again, what is the difference between Conventional and Chemical Weapons in the eyes of DEAD INNOCENT VICTIMS?

Assad buys his weapons from Russia. You do know this, right? What will be your excuse in justifying those weapons being used to kill innocent victims? You do know this is happening, right?

Is this the reason why Putin is on the cover of Time Magazine? Syria's most prolific war profiteer?

Will you change the subject again, ask a question with a question, or actually answer the ones I asked you?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha

That doesn't make sense. So if Obama or Putin were to say to you the sky was blue you would not agree with them? Personally I like to base my opinions on some relevant knowledge of the subject that I have gained from different sources before completely disregarding what someone has stated.

Common sense is just that. I dont need a President to tell me the "sky is blue". Come on.

Second, you dont need Time Magazine to tell you both of these leaders are dirty to the bone. Not that they would anyway.

I never understood the cult of personality love fest that people have for World Leaders, especially ones who dont wash up after killing people.

edit on 272013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Al Qaeda, Al Nusra or whatever the extremist groups are named are anything but innocent victims, you do know that right?
Murdering assad supporters, shia, christians and so on.
It is not as black and white as you are spoon fed by your media.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

earthling42
reply to post by sonnny1

Al Qaeda, Al Nusra or whatever the extremist groups are named are anything but innocent victims, you do know that right?

I dont trust my leader or my media!

Children and innocent victims are dying in Syria! By Assad, Iran, Russian Armaments and Rebels that have Americas support!

How can you even think its only "Rebels" or Assad forces dying in this War?

Jesus.....

You just cant put blame on ALL of them, can you?

Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Every country has their own citizens that die by neglect. Until every country has put their own house in order, no one has any right to tell another what to do.

That being said, that isn't what this thread was about.

LT: This happens time and again with different covers to appeal to the masses of that particular country they are trying to entice into buying their rag. It is, and always will be, about the bottom line.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah, because Putin did that all by himself. That was Putin's PERSONAL victim.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It is interesting that we don't seem worthy of the "real" news in this country...or it could just be what sells the most magazines over here...

Either it way - it's not the first time & I'm sure it won't be the last that Time magazine has done this to us:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

sonnny1

earthling42
reply to post by crazyewok

It is pure speculation that Putin is behind the dead of Alexander, but of course that doesn't matter.
Just like it doesn't matter to blame Assad of massacre and using chemical weapons.

242 Journalists dead, Anti-Homosexual laws on the rise, 160000 dead Chechen and Georgian victims on all sides of the War hes been involved in.

I think A MAD Magazine cover would be nice too.

1. Try and dethrone any of your rulers here and see what happens to you. I'm not talking about the President btw. IMHO he's just another tool to direct people's misplaced hopes and angst.

2. Worried about the homosexuals? So easy to turn the mass of people against a minority of religion, sexual preference, ideologies.....

3. I wonder what would happen if any US state or states tried to leave the "Union". Tanks would roll. Civil War ring a bell? You see, everybody needs their slaves to play with. What about wiping out an ethnicity? American Indians anybody?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wow talk about missing the point...you must be part of the propaganda machine....the point is ....who is controlling what the sheepnare being fed....geez...is this what the media get upto....and you come in with some sympathy card.....this is not about Putin...it is about mass global brain washing.

You should be very concerned about this....this is about swaying opinion and dividing the masses. Absolute proof of media controlled brain washing and you can consider your washed m8.

Another human yet again duped by the Zionist held media machine....so sorry for you......thankfully you have come to the right place for reprogramming we at ATS can assist you in this endeavour ....but you will have to commit your soul ....and swear to never just give a knee jerk response in the future....you my friend can too be saved from mass media deception....cheers.

Please Let Us Be Enlightened.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Ok I read through this and it seems some peopla don't get the pointi am sure...maybe I am wrong...but is not the point here about spoon fed media...don't people see the real issue here....it is not about time mag...Putin...Obama...it is about Zionist media control...the media controls the sheep....and by the majority of the lame ass responsesit is working a treat...thank to posting the other cover stories ....which too are not relevant...but it shows more of what controls which gets out there....but let's also not forget...MONEY....it is about what sells....does not look good America....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Go back to sleep America we are exceptional go back to sleep America we have figured out how it all transpired.Go back to sleep America nothing to see here now move along.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Omg. Ever since the Syria fiasco some members just cant accept that Russia was the voice of reason in all of this. Nobody is worshipping Putin, there's no love fest, nobody is rushing to join the KGB fan club.

At the diplomacy game Putin bested Obama and that's it.
Putin came out looking like a leader, Obama like an amateur.
It happened, live with it.

Around here it's like: Omg Putin did something good...Quick! post something bad about him or his policies.
Grow up and flame away lol.

The Time covers say a lot about media in the US.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Good job, it represents the propaganda machine we have going here in the U.S., it is kind of like China and Russia used to be, "sheltering" us from the rest of the world's perspectives. Also, it represents American's priorities compared to other countries.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

So Time magazine actually reports real news in other countries? This is a bit suspicious, actually.
edit on 16-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join